8 Primary Reasons To Call A Plumbing Service For Professional Assistance | Rhome, TX
You rely on your plumbing system multiple times throughout the day. You can’t shower, brush your teeth, cook, and clean without water. Also, your water-based appliances won’t function correctly without clean running water. Your drains must also be in pristine condition and free of clogs for the water to drain. If any part of your plumbing system isn’t working right, it’s best to call a plumbing service.
DIY plumbing repairs aren’t recommended. Licensed plumbers go through years of training and apprenticeship to learn their craft, and if you’ve had no plumbing training, it’s best to leave the job to a professional.
If the plumbing system in your Rhome, TX home experiences any of the following issues, it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately.
Leaking pipes can cause significant water damage in your home. Also, if the leak persists, mold growth can occur.
Leaks often occur when the pipes have rusted and corroded, and they can also happen if the joints become loose or the sealant has failed.
Some leaks are easy to detect, such as a leak under the sink. You’ll see the pooling water when you open the kitchen cabinet or bathroom vanity. It’s possible for a pipe behind the wall to leak and will often leave water spots on the walls. If there’s a leak under the house, it can be more challenging to detect. In some cases, the leak will make the basement floor feel warm or create puddles in the yard. In more severe cases, the leak can cause damage to your home’s foundation. Some leaks show no visible signs, and the only way to tell there’s a leak is an increase in your water bills.
If you suspect there’s a leak in your plumbing system, it’s best to hire a plumber immediately. They can use leak detection equipment to find the leak’s location to make the necessary repair.
#2 Drain Problems
When you run the water, it should flow freely down the drain, and if there’s a problem with one or more drains in your Rhome, TX home, it’s best to call a plumbing service.
- Slow drains: Small clogs in the drain can cause the water to drain slowly. A slow drain can be frustrating when you do anything that requires the water to run, such as showering and washing the dishes.
Many homeowners will try liquid drain cleaners to remove the clog, but this isn’t always the best idea. There’s no guarantee the drain cleaner will remove the whole clog. If it didn’t, it won’t be long before the water starts draining slowly again. Also, these products contain harsh chemicals that can damage the pipes.
A plumbing service will send someone to your home to remove the entire clog, preventing further drain issues.
- Clogged drains: Significant clogs can prevent the water from draining, resulting in standing water in your sinks and tubs. If the water doesn’t go down the drain, a liquid drain cleaner won’t either, and trying to use this product will be a waste of time.
A plumber has the knowledge and the necessary equipment to remove the entire clog, allowing the water to flow freely down the drain.
- Multiple clogs: If more than one drain is slow or clogged, it’s unlikely they all became clogged simultaneously. The most common cause of multiple clogs is a problem with the sewer line and should only be cleared by a professional.
Plumbers have the equipment to clear the entire sewer line, and the water will flow freely down every drain when the work is complete.
- Noisy drains: Do you hear a gurgling sound when the water drains? If so, you’ll need to hire a plumber. Clogged sewer lines are likely the cause of more than one drain gurgles. If just one drain is noisy, there’s likely a significant clog in the drain. The water needs to change directions to get past the clog, forming air pockets in the pipes and causing the gurgling sound. If you don’t call a plumbing service immediately, it’s just a matter of time before the drain completely clogs.
Drain issues can be frustrating, and they won’t get better on their own, so it’s best to hire a plumber as soon as the problem starts.
#3 Clogged Toilet
Toilet clogs aren’t uncommon, and it isn’t a cause for concern in many cases. Clogs occur when too much toilet paper and waste is flushed or if something was flushed that shouldn’t have been, such as paper towels, baby wipes, or a child’s toy. In most cases, a plunger will break up the clog enough that you can flush the toilet without overflowing. If the plunger isn’t effective, it’s time to call a plumbing service.
Leaks that are too large, too solid, or located too far down the drain pipe require a plumber’s help. The plumber can use a drain auger to break up the clog enough that you can safely flush the toilet. If they determine that the pipe is too far down for them to reach, the plumber can remove the toilet to reach the clog.
You won’t be able to use the toilet until the clog is removed, which can be a serious problem if you have just one bathroom in your Rhome, TX home. The sooner you call a plumbing service, the sooner you’ll be able to use the toilet again.
#4 Water Heater Issues
The water heater is one of your most essential appliances because you cannot live without hot water. Also, your water-based appliances won’t function correctly without hot water.
If the water heater in your Rhome, TX home experiences any of the following issues, it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately.
- No hot water: If cold water comes from the hot water tap, there could be an issue with the heating element, or the unit may have reached the end of its lifespan.
- Lukewarm water: If the water doesn’t get hotter than lukewarm, the thermostat could be set to the wrong temperature, or the thermostat could be broken. Also, there could be a problem with the heating element, or the unit is nearing the end of its lifespan and can no longer function efficiently.
- You frequently run out of hot water: If you’ve had to take cold showers often, your water heater may not be large enough to meet your family’s water demand and will need to be replaced with a larger unit or a tankless model. There could also be a large amount of sediment in the tank, and there won’t be as much space for water storage.
- Discolored water: Brown or rust-colored water indicates that the sediment in the tank has broken up and is contaminating the water. If the unit is over ten years old, the inside of the tank could be breaking down, and tiny metal shards and rust are contaminating the water.
- Poor hot water pressure: Poor hot water pressure indicates a sediment clog in the sewer line, preventing adequate water flow from the faucets.
- Strange sounds: Banging in the water heater is caused by large pieces of sediment in the tank banging against the sides and can crack the tank if it’s not addressed right away.
- Water pooling; Pooling water around the unit indicates a leak that can cause 50+ gallons of water to flood your home.
If there are any problems with your water heater, it’s best to call a plumbing service as soon as you detect the problem to prevent further damage.
#5 Dripping Faucet
A dripping faucet is more than a minor annoyance and requires a call to a plumbing service immediately. A few problems can cause the faucet to drip, including:
- Worn-out gaskets or washers
- Loose O ring
- The valve seat has corroded.
- The faucet reached the end of its lifespan.
It’s best to have a dripping faucet fixed immediately to avoid wasting a significant amount of water. A faucet that drips one drop per second can waste 11 gallons daily and up to 330 gallons per month. This amount of wasted water will cause your water bills to increase and is harmful to the environment.
A plumbing service will send someone to repair or replace the faucet, preventing any more wasted water.
#6 Running Toilet
If the toilet in your Rhome, TX home runs constantly, it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately. Toilets are designed to run immediately after flushing and stop when the tank is full. If the water continues running, there are a few possible reasons:
- The flapper is cracked, or the chain is broken.
- The float height needs to be adjusted.
- The refill hose is too long.
- The toilet has reached the end of its lifespan and can no longer function correctly,
It’s best to call a plumber right away when the toilet continues running to avoid wasting water. A constantly running toilet wastes up to 30 gallons of water per day and 900 gallons per month, causing a considerable increase in your water bills.
A plumber will inspect the toilet to determine if it can be fixed or if the toilet is too old and needs to be replaced.
#7 Frozen Pipes
Winter days in Rhome, TX, can be mild, but it isn’t uncommon for the temperature to drop below freezing at night or during a cold snap. When it gets this cold, your pipes can freeze, which is a serious problem. If you try to turn on the water when it’s very cold outside and nothing comes out, call a plumbing service immediately.
When the pipes freeze, the water in the pipes will also freeze and expand, causing the pipes to burst, and a plumber can thaw the pipes quickly and safely before a disaster happens. The plumber can also give you tips to prevent the pipes from freezing, such as allowing the water to drip when it’s freezing outside. They can also wrap the pipes in heated tape to ensure they are safe all winter.
#8 Appliance Installation
Installing a new water-based appliance isn’t a problem, but you will still need to hire a plumbing service. Installing water-based appliances such as a washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator with an ice maker and water dispenser, or garbage disposal can be complicated. If you don’t have the training to do so, you could end up damaging the appliance if you make a mistake.
A plumbing service can send a plumber to install the appliance correctly, eliminating the risk of a flood or damaged appliance, and you’ll have peace of mind that the appliance will work properly for years. Also, if your new appliance is under warranty, a DIY installation will void it, and you’ll need to pay for repairs or to replace the appliance.
Why Choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth?
If you have a problem with your home’s plumbing system and need to call a plumbing service, look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth. We are a full-service plumbing company, serving customers in the area for years.
Our licensed plumbers are professionally trained, highly skilled, and have the knowledge and experience to handle any simple or complex job. If you schedule an appointment for plumbing service, you can be sure our plumbers will be on time. We understand your time is valuable, so if the plumber is late, we’ll pay you $5 for every minute until they arrive.
Plumbing emergencies can occur at any time and often at the most inconvenient times. If you have a plumbing issue that can’t wait, don’t panic. We provide emergency plumbing service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and will get a plumber to your home as quickly as possible to resolve the problem.
If there’s an issue with the plumbing system in your Rhome, TX home and you need to schedule an appointment for any plumbing service, give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth a call or book online.