Arlington Plumbers – Water Saving Tips
If you are looking for ways to save on your usage of water at home, you can start with repairing any minor leaks you may have. If you have a faucet that is dripping, it may not seem like it is that much of a waste of water but if it is releasing a drop 3 or 4 times per minute, then you are looking at well over 130 gallons of water wasted per year just from that alone. You should immediately have any of these leaks attended to and if you are not capable of doing it yourself or you just do not have the time then consider hiring professional Arlington plumbers to take care of it for you.
In the Kitchen
Consider purchasing a low-flow faucet. If you want to go the extra mile purchase a flow-faucet faucet with movement detection. This way when you wash your hands or wash dishes, water is not being wasted when you lather your hands and dishes in soap. If not, and you have a double-basin sink; fill one side with rinse water and the other side with soapy wash water. For single-basin sinks, dishes can be washed in a large dishpan, and the sink basin itself can be filled with the rinse water.
In the Bathroom
- Whenever you are brushing your teeth, do not let the water run at the sink. Only turn the water on when you are ready to rinse. This can save 5 gallons or more of water. If you do not already have a low-flow faucet, consider purchasing one and once again just like in the kitchen if you want to go all out consider purchasing a motion detection one also.
- When washing your hands, do not let the sink run while you are lathering your hands in soap. Only turn on the tap when you are ready to rinse the soap off of your hands. Once again as above, consider purchasing a low-flow faucet if you do not have one and if you want to go the extra distance, get the motion detection faucet also.
- Periodically check for water leaks around your showerhead, bathtub faucets, sink, under the sink and around the toilet. Also check if the toilet tank is leaking by dropping a few drops of food coloring into the toilet tank and waiting a few minutes to see if the water in the bowl begins to change to the color of the food coloring.
- Some toilet float valves are adjustable. If you feel there is too much water resting in the toilet bowl, consider adjusting the float valve so that it fills up with less water after flushing.
- Consider reducing the amount of water you use in the bath tub, or take a shower instead.
- If taking a shower, consider reducing the time you are in it. Most of us are all guilty of spending extra time in the shower. If you have not purchased a low-flow showerhead, consider this also.
- Whenever you are shaving, do not leave the water running. Consider using a basin to shave from instead of running the razor under the tap. Once done, just toss the basin outside or on plants outside to water them. By doing so, you are also helping prevent the potential of a clogged sink due to hair over time.
- Consider having your home inspected by Arlington plumbers every six months. These Arlington plumbers will inspect your home for water leaks, slow leaks, or any other problems with your plumbing. By having your home’s plumbing system periodically maintained you will also help prevent the possibility of emergency situations arising in the future by taking a proactive approach and keeping everything in peak shape before it breaks down.
- If you have a dishwasher, consider not using it until you have a full load. The same applies to your washing machine.
- Whenever you wash your car, consider washing it only one section at a time. Wet down the area you are cleaning and then shut the water off. Once you have lathered the area down with soap, then turn the water back on, rinse it off and then wet another section of the vehicle.
- Purchase and install soaker hoses for gardens and flowerbeds, instead of sprinklers. Whenever you water plants, try to so very early in the morning or later in the evening. This will reduce the loss of water due to evaporation.
- Consider landscaping your home with plant species that are drought tolerant. This way you can keep a beautiful lawn without the need for constant watering.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional Arlington plumbers servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best Arlington plumbers. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our professional, courteous and friendly Arlington plumbers will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional Arlington plumbers. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®