Bathroom Upgrades | Plumbers Arlington, Texas
Upgrade Your Bathroom on a Shoestring Budget
The bathroom is one of the busiest rooms in a home, and as a result it receives some of the most intensive cleaning in the home. With so much activity occurring, it isn’t a surprise that the bathroom and its plumbing becomes worn. When planning to remodel or update the bathroom, the following tips can assist you in lowering the cost of a bathroom remodel, and/or of providing bathroom upgrades on a shoestring budget. Benjamin Franklin’s expert plumbers in Arlington, Texas are standing by, ready to provide superior service for all of your plumbing needs.
Cost of the Project
Knowing the cost of remodeling or upgrading your bathroom, and setting money aside for the budget is the first step. Ensure the contractor you hire is qualified, licensed and legitimate. Check for reviews and with the Better Business Bureau. Keep Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s skilled plumbers in Arlington, Texas in mind as you prepare for your remodeled bathroom. Below are some tips to reduce your costs:
- Don’t move the plumbing fixtures. For example, moving the toilet to a different location will require the plumbers in Arlington, Texas to install a new water supply, drain line, and cutting through the floor. Keeping the toilet, shower, tub and sink(s) in their current location will save you money.
- Instead of replacing the bathtubs, showers and sinks, consider restoring them. This leaves them looking brand new and will cost significantly less than installing new ones.
- Give the bathroom a fresh coat of paint.
- Organize the space you have for storage. Consider drawer and cabinet organizers to maximize the space. If you have the space, you can also add shelving.
- Give the cabinets a good cleaning and add new hardware for an updated look. You may be able to sand them down and apply a new stain. Applying molding can add a real touch of class, and a completely new look. An additional option is to replace cracked and worn doors only.
- Install mirrors to add depth and create the appearance of a larger room.
- Replace decorative items with new, such as rugs, curtains (including the shower curtain and rings) and other accessories.
- If installing a toilet select one that conserves water. Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas can provide the toilet installation you need.
- Replace an old shower head with a low flow water conserving model. This provides the opportunity for features you need, such as a sprayer head. If you require assistance with faucet and shower head replacement contact our reliable plumbers in Arlington, Texas.
Tweaking the Budget for Extra Appeal
Small changes can have a big impact in the bathroom, such as replacing a dull shower head or faucets with a shiny, new one. Cleaning tiles will brighten up the bathrooms look. Dirty grout is a definite eyesore, and if it won’t come clean, it needs resealing by a professional.
If you are able to clean it, but don’t want to hire a tile craftsman, seal the grout yourself. While sealant may make the tile floor look shiny and new, never use a gloss finish on the flooring in or out of the shower due to the risk of falls on a slippery floor. A tile craftsman can provide you with a solution for dull, fading floor tile, while our plumbers in Arlington, Texas can take care of your plumbing needs.
Use the shelving you installed for plush, fluffy towels rolled spa style and place a few attractive jars of bath soaps and scented bath crystals for a spa like element. Candles and sachets can add a nice smell to the bathroom.
Replacing dusty, rusty, discolored or outdated shower curtain rods, towel and tissue paper hangers are an additional element that makes a big impact.
Clean the door. Unless replaced the door is one of the most overlooked elements in a bathroom remodel. If wood, you can clean it and use some furniture oil on it for an update. When painted, a new coat of paint will make it look like new.
Whether you are providing your bathroom with a full remodel, or simply upgrading its appearance, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing has the expert plumbers in Arlington, Texas with the skills, certification and experience to provide for your plumbing needs. Give us a call we’d love to be a part of making your dreams of a bathroom upgrade come true. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing serves Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.