Clogged drains are a common problem, and with periodic drain cleaning from a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber, you can potentially prevent clogs, and banish drain odor. Our plumbers in Fort Worth offer plumbing expertise, and the latest plumbing tools for a fast resolution to drainage issues in your plumbing in Fort Worth. Our licensed plumbers are experts at solving all types of drain and sewer pipe issues.
Common causes of clogs include:
- Food particulates
- Hair, toothpaste, and soap scum
- Grease, oil and fats
The following tips will assist you in preventing clogs.
- To prevent grease clogs, do not pour grease, fat, or oil down the kitchen drain. Once cooled, place the grease in a sealed container and into the garbage.
- Place strainers in drains to help prevent common hair and food clogs in your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth. Remember to empty often, and especially the kitchen strainer as bacteria can develop in as little as 24 hours.
- To prevent toilet clogs flush only toilet paper and human waste. Flushing facial tissues, paper towels, cat litter, medications including pills and capsules, sanitary products, cotton swabs, dental floss, personal or baby wipes, and diapers will cause severe blockages in your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth.
- Improper use of a garbage disposal often results in a clogged drain. When using the disposal, remember to turn the cold water on before the disposal. When you are through using it, allow the water to run for at least 20 seconds afterward to thoroughly flush the drain and help to prevent clogs in your plumbing in Fort Worth.
When using a garbage disposal, cut up large pieces of food and feed them in one at a time with cold water and the disposal running. If you have a large amount of food, place it in the trash, rather than the disposal. Foods that should not be placed in the disposal include; coffee grounds, egg shells, pits, bone, fibrous foods such as celery, greens, and corn husks, starchy foods such as pasta, rice, and potato skins.
Sewer Pipe Clogs
When a drainage problem affects all the drains, the problem is likely in the main sewer line. On the other hand, poor drainage in the kitchen sink, and not elsewhere will be confined to the kitchen drain. Contact a Ben Franklin plumber for the repair of your plumbing in Fort Worth.
Sewer Line Clogs
Clogs in the sewer pipe are commonly due to the following:
- Trees roots search for moisture, and can grow into your main sewer pipe, causing a clog and damage to the pipe.
- Grease builds up, eventually resulting in a clogged sewer pipe. Left untreated, it may result in sewer backup into your home’splumbing in Fort Worth.
- The ground can shift, creating a swag in the pipe where paper and debris collects, creating a clog. Broken, offset, bellied, or otherwise damaged sewer pipe can be replaced with trenchless pipe repair. This service can typically provide repair without excavating the lawn, leaving landscaping, and driveways intact with trenchless technology and pipe bursting. The pipe bursting process breaks up the damaged pipe, while pulling new pipe into place with specialized machinery.
Hydro jetting is the solution for really tough clogs. Hydro jetting effectively removes pipe corrosion, roots, grease, and other blockages from your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth. In fact, hydro jetting is the most effective drain cleaning method available.
Frequent clogs call for a plumber in Fort Worth to determine the cause, and take care of the problem. Hydro jetting provides the solution for repetitive clogs, as it cleans the pipe down to the pipe walls, and rids drains of bacteria causing odor. Furthermore, when you call for hydro jetting of your wastewater plumbing in Fort Worth, the pipes will remain cleaner longer under normal circumstances.
Sewer pipe problems require the experience of licensed plumber, due to the health risks involved with sewer effluent. Benjamin Franklin plumbers in Fort Worth use the latest technology, and the expertise to provide effective drain cleaning, sewer pipe cleaning, video pipe inspection, and other plumbing services. Contact us today for problems with your plumbing in Fort Worth. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.