Faucet Repair | Plumber Arlington
Faucet Repair | Plumber Arlington
Leaky plumbing fixtures can waste significant amounts of water over time, costing you money. Prompt leak repair will provide the advantage of water conservation, reduced cost, and the prevention of water damage to your home. Contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for faucet repair, fixture replacement, or other needed plumbing services.
Identifying the Source of the Leak
Inspect the following as potential sources of water leaks:
- Sinks: Leaky faucets in your kitchen, bathroom, or utility room sink can waste water. It is possible for a faucet that is dripping to progress to a full stream, and may result in sink overflow and severe damage to your home and its foundation. In addition, a leak of this type may also result in mold or mildew in the home. Remember to inspect under sinks for leaky water lines and/or leaking drains.
- Toilets: A worn flapper or valve inside the toilet tank can result in a running toilet. Signs include hearing the toilet filling when it has not been in use. Drop a few drops of food coloring in the tank and check the bowl 30 minutes later. If the food coloring appears in the bowl, toilet repair will be needed by a plumber in Arlington. In addition, water in the floor surrounding the toilet can mean a cracked bowl or a leaky seal beneath the toilet. Prompt repair is needed to prevent additional damage to the flooring, and its underlying structure.
- Bathtubs and Showers: A dripping bathtub faucet, shower faucet, or showerhead can waste a significant amount of water over time.
- Water heater: Water heater leaks can be due to leaking pipe, fitting, or drain valve, or it can indicate the need for water heater replacement. A water heater leak not only runs up the water bill, but also the energy bill and can cause severe damage to the home and its foundation.
- Outside faucets: An outdoor faucet leak may go unnoticed until an elevated water bill arrives. You can test for a suspected leak by placing a bucket beneath the faucet and check for water collecting. Leaky outdoor faucets can result in frozen or burst faucets during the winter. Have a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington provide faucet repair before winter arrives. Remember to wrap outdoor faucets to prevent freezing.
Common Faucet Problems
The following are common faucet repairs we routinely see:
Low water pressure: There are a number of reasons for low water pressure. Before calling a plumber in Arlington, check the water pressure at other faucets. If the water pressure is low only at a single faucet, first ensure the shut off valve is open. Next, inspect the aerator for clogging due to hard water sediment. Soaking in vinegar and scrubbing with a soft brush should correct the problem. Otherwise, replace the aerator.
While the aerator is off check the water pressure at the faucet. If low, a problem is affecting the faucet. Faucets receive significant use, eventually wear will occur requiring faucet repair or replacement. Repair of a faucet is not a task the average homeowner can provide. Our licensed plumbers provide expert repair of all types of faucets. Contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for plumbing repair you can rely on.
Low water pressure at all taps in the home may indicate a water leak. However, first call your water supplier to ensure they are not working on the municipal system, which can affect the water pressure in the affected region.
If municipal repair or maintenance is not being provided, ensure the home’s main shut off valve is open. If none of these are an issue, it is time to contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for leak detection and repair.
Whether a faucet needs replacing, or you want to provide a fashionable upgrade for your kitchen or bathroom, a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington can provide the professional installation you need.
A number of today’s faucets take advantage of new technology to offer more than a variety of styles and great looks:
- Touch technology provides is a feature hands on cooks love. Delicious dishes that require hands in the mix have always been problematic when it is time to wash your hands. How often has the cook in your family attempted to turn a faucet on with an elbow? Today this is no longer required, just bump the touch technology faucet and water is available without a mess! In fact, if you prefer complete convenience, hands free operation is now hitting the market, and operates with a motion sensor for completely hands free operation.
- Pull out faucets are extremely popular. They have a spray head that pulls out, similar to the old time sprayer, and are convenient for meal preparation and cleanup.
- Pot filler faucets mount on the deck or the wall behind the stove. They are convenient for filling pots right on the stovetop.
Benjamin Franklin Offers Reliable Plumbing – Guaranteed
A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington will provide prompt service, an accurate diagnosis, and reliable plumbing repair of your water leak and/or other plumbing problems. You can rely on our experienced, and licensed plumbers to provide plumbing expertise, and a dedication to your satisfaction. If you require faucet repair, or suspect water leaks in or around your home, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to schedule service. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.