Fort Worth Plumbers – Are you looking for plumbing tips for your home? If so, conserving water and regular plumbing maintenance will go a long way toward preventing leaks, clogs and the expense of plumbing repairs. Some sources cite that a leak of one drop per second can add up to 8,000 gallons in a year. Continue reading to learn more tips you can achieve at home to help facilitate water conservation and regular plumbing maintenance. If you need assistance then get in touch with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing and our professional and courteous Fort Worth plumbers will be more than happy to assist you.
- Make sure taps are fully closed. If they continue to leak they should be repaired.
- If you suspect you have a leak but are unable to locate it use your water meter to verify it. Choose a time when family members won’t be home. Open the water meter cover and write down the gauge reading inside. Eight to ten hours later when no water has been used read the meter and record that number. If the gauge has moved you most likely have a leak. Call our Fort Worth plumbers today to locate your hidden water leak.
- Do you ever hear your toilet running when it hasn’t been flushed? Drop some food coloring into the tank, if you find color in the bowl then it is leaking.
- Installing a low flow shower head will reduce your water use. Not everyone will like it but your water bill will go down.
- If you would like to learn how Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington, Texas can help you conserve water give us a call, our professional Fort Worth plumbers will be glad to help you.
Scraping food into a drain without a garbage disposal is asking for trouble. Never deposit grease into your kitchen drain. Use newspaper to absorb liquid grease, place into a leak proof bag and dispose of in the trash. Solidified grease can simply be raked into the trash.
- Once a month pour one cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by one cup of vinegar to help keep the kitchen drain open. Flush with hot water for 15 seconds when done.
- Never put bones, cherry pits, celery, or other ‘stringy’ material into your garbage disposal. These items can damage blades and clog your drain.
- Throw away dental floss and use strainers for bathroom sinks and shower.
If your toilet won’t flush after a heavy rain you may have a cracked or clogged sewer line. Furthermore, septic tanks need to be professionally cleaned every 2-3 years. In addition, once per month you need to flush a product intended to promote beneficial bacteria into the septic tank.
- Know the location of your main water shut off valve. It is usually inside your water meter. Turn it off and on once per year to keep it freed up. Keep inside your meter clean so you can access your shut off valve.
- Winterize outside faucets. Repair leaky faucets before insulating. Faucets may be wrapped with insulation, and covered with a bucket, secured plastic garbage bag or faucet insulators. Foam insulating sleeves are available for exposed pipe. Heat tapes are an option for the main water supply line entering your home.
- Dark spots in linoleum and discolorations on wood floors indicate a leak.
Are you in need of a reputable plumbing service company that you can count on? You can count on the professional and courteous plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to get the job done professionally and promptly time and time again. When you hire Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, you can rest assured knowing that you are in the best capable hands. Our professional Fort Worth plumbers are some of the best in the area and with years of service helping residential and commercial customers in the metropolitan area, we have become one of the most popular and recognized brands in the area. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
Plumbing problems tend to get worse over time. A watchful eye and regular maintenance will prevent problems from becoming a major issue. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington, Texas a call to learn how our professional and courteous Fort Worth plumbers can assist you with all of your home’s plumbing related problems, whether you need repairs, installation, or maintenance you can count on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to get the job done time after time again.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional Fort Worth plumbers servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best Fort Worth plumbers. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our professional, courteous and friendly Fort Worth plumbers will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional Fort Worth plumbers. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®