Gas Line Repair Services | Arlington
Gas Line Services | Gas Line Repair Arlington
Gas Line Repair
Due to the risks associated with natural gas leaks, gas line repair in Arlington should not be delayed. A gas leak is an emergency and requires prompt gas line repair provided by a licensed plumber, certified to provide residential gas line services.
A natural gas leak may have the odor of rotten eggs. Gas in its natural state lacks any odor, and scent is added to enable its presence to be detected when a leak occurs. However, not everyone is able to detect it, and strong odors such as chemical or cooking may mask it.
For your safety, do not attempt to provide gas line repair in Arlington. Leave gas line repair in Arlington to a licensed, gas certified plumber. Benjamin Franklin plumbers have the expertise to provide professional gas line repair. Once the repair is complete, the plumber will test to ensure the leak is repaired with gas leak detection equipment. Use the following guide in the event of a natural gas leak:
- If you smell gas, or detect other signs of a gas leak, all occupants should immediately evacuate the home.
- Do not attempt to locate a gas leak, leave the home immediately.
- Do not turn appliances or lights on or off. It only takes a tiny spark to ignite a gas explosion.
- Do not smoke or use any open flame.
- Do not use the telephone or the cell phone. Wait until you are a safe distance (and do not smell gas) from your home to call 911, or use a neighbors phone. Next, call your gas supplier to shut the gas off.
- Even a slow leak can accumulate and potentially cause an explosion or a fire, call for prompt repair.
- If you damage a gas line while digging on the lawn, call the gas supplier immediately. Do not attempt to repair the line. Prevention is the best means for avoiding a gas line. Call ahead of planned excavation for free marking of gas lines.
- Homes using any gas appliance should always utilize carbon monoxide detectors with a minimum of one on each floor, and one near the bedrooms. Don’t forget to test the battery often. Testing them along with smoke detectors makes it easier to remember.
Only use a licensed professional plumber for gas line repair in Arlington. The safety of the members of your household should not be risked by using unqualified persons.
Potential Signs of a Gas Leak
- Unseasonably dead or dying vegetation near the gas line or the gas meter.
- Soil or water blowing into the air. Bubbling water, a mist, fog or cloud in the area of a leak.
- Exposed gas pipeline after an earthquake, flood or other disaster.
- The sound of hissing, whistling or roaring near a gas line, meter or appliance.
- The rotten egg odor of natural gas.
The odor of a buried gas leak may be lessened by the soil. Remember, if you have a gas leak, call 911 first, then your gas provider, to shut the gas off. Finally, call a licensed plumber to provide gas line repair in Arlington.
The experienced plumbers of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offer professional gas line installation for your home. This includes gas hookups for ovens, cooktops, clothes dryers, fireplaces, stoves and gas water heaters to name a few.
For professional gas line repair in Arlington contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Our gas certified licensed plumbers will provide gas line repair, gas hook-ups and other gas line services, as well as plumbing services. We serve the Fort Worth and Arlington areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Thanks for visiting Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.