Plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas – If you are in need of assistance with your home’s plumbing and you are seeking out a professional plumbing company in the Fort Worth area that you can count on then you need to look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for all of your plumbing related needs. Whether you are in need of plumbing repairs, installation or even maintenance you can rest assured you are in capable hands when you hire Ben Franklin Plumbing. Our professional and courteous plumbers have years of experience in handling all plumbing related repairs and services for both residential and commercial customers in the DFW area. In this article we will go over tips brought to you by professional plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas that may help you out.
- Make sure taps are fully closed. If they continue to leak they should be repaired. Usually a leaking tap is due to a worn out washer which is a relatively easy fix for the average homeowner, however if you need assistance then contact Ben Franklin Plumbing and we’ll send out one of our professional plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas to assist you.
- If you suspect you have a leak but are unable to locate it use your water meter to verify it. Choose a time when family members won’t be home. Open the water meter cover and write down the gauge reading inside. Eight to ten hours later when no water has been used read the meter and record that number. If the gauge has moved you most likely have a leak. Call our plumbing experts in Fort Worth & Arlington, Texas today to locate your hidden water leak.
- Do you ever hear your toilet running when it hasn’t been flushed? Drop some food coloring into the tank, if you find color in the bowl then it is leaking.
- Installing a low flow shower head will reduce your water use. Not everyone will like it but your water bill will go down.
- If you would like to learn how Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington, Texas can help you conserve water give us a call, our professional plumbers will be glad to help you.
Scraping food into a drain without a garbage disposal is asking for trouble. Never deposit grease into your kitchen drain. Use newspaper to absorb liquid grease, place into a leak proof bag and dispose of in the trash. Solidified grease can simply be raked into the trash.
- Once a month pour one cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by one cup of vinegar to help keep the kitchen drain open. Flush with hot water for 15 seconds when done.
- Never put bones, cherry pits, celery, or other ‘stringy’ material into your garbage disposal. These items can damage blades and clog your drain.
- Throw away dental floss and use strainers for bathroom sinks and shower.
If your toilet won’t flush after a heavy rain you may have a cracked or clogged sewer line. Furthermore, septic tanks need to be professionally cleaned every 2-3 years. In addition, once per month you need to flush a product intended to promote beneficial bacteria into the septic tank.
- Know the location of your main water shut off valve. It is usually inside your water meter. Turn it off and on once per year to keep it freed up. Keep inside your meter clean so you can access your shut off valve.
- Winterize outside faucets. Repair leaky faucets before insulating. Faucets may be wrapped with insulation, and covered with a bucket, secured plastic garbage bag or faucet insulators. Foam insulating sleeves are available for exposed pipe. Heat tapes are an option for the main water supply line entering your home.
- Dark spots in linoleum and discolorations on wood floors indicate a leak.
Plumbing problems tend to get worse over time. A watchful eye and regular maintenance will prevent problems from becoming a major issue. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington, Texas a call to learn how our professional plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas can help you.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our professional, courteous and friendly plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional plumbers in Fort Worth, Texas. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®