Slab Leak | Water Line Repair in Arlington
Slab Leak | Water Line Repair in Arlington
Slab leaks can occur in sewer pipes or water lines. Water leaks are often suspected when you receive a higher than normal water bill. Sewer leaks, on the other hand, can continue for years without your knowing it. Slab leaks are difficult to detect because they are out of sight beneath the concrete foundation of the home’s floor. If you suspect the need for sewer pipe, or water line repair in Arlington, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing today.
There are several potential causes of slab leaks, beginning with poor quality pipe or craftsmanship in the original installation. A worker in a different trade may have caused damage to a pipe that worsened over time until a leak occurred. Foundation movement related to expansive clay soil, from settling or earthquakes can be additional causes. Furthermore, over time, aging and deterioration of pipe can occur. Eventually any plumbing reaches the end of its lifespan and requires replacement. When water line repair in Arlington becomes frequent, it is typically time for a repipe.
Signs of a Slab Leak
While professional leak detection can confirm a slab leak, there are potential signs alerting you to the presence of a leak beneath the slab of your home:
- You may hear the sound of running water, although no water is in use. The sound will be continuous when a leak occurs, and is most likely to be heard where the water enters the home.
- A higher than normal water bill without an explanation often indicates a leak.
- Leaks can cause damage to flooring, such as discolored linoleum, tile, or wood, disintegrating grout, cracked tiles or floor, uneven hardwood flooring, doors that drag, and wet carpet. Mold and mildew may be present around the areas of affected floor, or damp or saturated dry wall.
- Unusually wet or soggy soil around the home’s foundation or the pooling of water can indicate a leak.
- A damp or warm spot on the floor, wet floors, shoe molding, baseboards, or drywall near the bottom can indicate a leak. A warm spot in the floor can indicate a hot water leak beneath the slab, and will increase both the water, and your energy bill.
- Poor water pressure is a potential sign of a water leak.
- A musty or moldy odor can indicate increased humidity due to a leak, or the presence of water.
Slab Leak Detection
The first step in slab leak repair is confirming there is a leak, and determining whether it is a water leak, or sewer leak, and locating it. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington has the knowledge, experience, and the latest advanced technology equipment to provide accurate leak detection of water leaks. If you suspect a slab leak, do not delay diagnosis and repair. A slab leak can cause serious damage to your home, and its foundation. Contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber for diagnosis and water line repair in Arlington.
Before the sewer camera, the slab often had to be broken up in search of the leak. Today, sewer leaks are identified using a video camera pipe inspection. The video pipe inspection uses a small high resolution, waterproof camera attached to a flexible fiber optic cable to visualize the interior of the sewer pipe. The image of the pipe is displayed on a monitor as the camera is fed into the pipe. The plumber is able to see the problem affecting the sewer pipe, and determine the exact location and the necessary water line repair in Arlington.
In many cases, a skilled and experienced plumber can often locate and provide water line repair in Arlington for a slab leak without causing damage to your home. Our skilled, and experienced plumbers will provide repair without unnecessary destruction and costly restoration.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s experienced plumbers specialize in leak detection and slab leak repair . Our family owned company practices plumbing with integrity, and expertise. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers plumbers you can rely upon for first quality, professional plumbing in Arlington. That is because we only hire the best plumbers in the industry. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. For service you can rely on, contact us for water line repair in Arlington.