Video Pipe Inspection | Plumbers Arlington, Texas
A video pipe inspection, also called a plumber’s snake, provides Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas with a real time image of the interior conditions of drain and sewer pipes.
The plumbers snake is a flexible fiber optic cable with a high-resolution video camera on its tip. As the cable travels through the pipe, the waterproof camera, records the journey. The images are transmitted to a monitor where the plumber, can provide a diagnosis of the problem. In addition, the information observed from the video pipe inspection enables the plumbers in Arlington, Texas to select the appropriate tool and decide the most efficient means of providing plumbing repair.The recorded inspection can be saved for a permanent record.
Once the problem is identified and repaired, Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas follow up with a free video post-inspection to verify that the problem has been resolved and the pipe is clean and serviceable.
Video pipe inspections enable the plumbers in Arlington, Texas to identify such issues as:
- Broken or collapsed pipe will require repair or replacement by the plumbers in Arlington, Texas. In the past, faulty pipes had to be excavated to identify the problem and its location. This is no longer necessary with the innovative plumbers snake. Capable of identifying the exact location of the issue, only a small area requires excavation when it is required at all.
- Offset sewer pipe occurs due to shifting soil, the freeze and thaw cycle of soil, settling, or other causes.
- A blockage in the pipe such as grease, for example.
- Corrosion and rust of metal pipe can result in blockage, or collapsed sections.
- Bellied pipe occurs when a section of the pipe sinks due to ground or soil conditions. The sagging section of the pipe creates a low point where paper and waste can accumulate.
- Leaking joints occur when the seals between the pipes have broken, allowing water to leak into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration occurs when tree roots invade the sewer pipe. Roots cause blockage and can damage the pipe. A video pipe inspection enables the plumbers in Arlington, Texas to view the inside of the pipe, its condition, the type and amount of damage, if any, and the type of repair required.
Signs of Sewer Pipe Problems
- Sewer odor – Water in drain traps normally prevents sewer gases from entering your home. Vent pipes are an additional plumbing component that allows sewer gases to escape. A vent pipe that is disconnected, clogged with debris or damaged could allow sewer gases to enter in the home. Sewer leaks in the underground pipe may cause outdoor sewer odors.
- Backed-up sewer line – Blockage in the sewer pipe can cause back-up into the home. Sewer back-up, especially if it is overflowing requires the prompt intervention of a qualified plumber due to the health risks.
- Greening of lawn sections – Grass that is more lush and green than other areas may indicate a sewer leak.
- Pooling of water on the lawn – Pooling of water on the lawn may be a sign of a leaking sewer pipe. Sewer odor may be detectable.
Sewer leakage is a health hazard requiring prompt attention. Disease causing organisms can enter the water table, nearby private wells, lakes, and other waterways. Sewer fluids can expose you, and the members of your community to illness causing organisms. Sewer repair should not be delayed, call Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas for sewer repair.
We Offer Video Pipe Inspection Services
Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas can provide the video pipe inspection that you need for an accurate diagnosis of your sewer pipe problem. You can count on our plumber’s quality repairs to take care of the issue. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides plumbing services in Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.