Video Pipe Inspection | Plumber Fort Worth
A video pipe inspection provides a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth with a real time visualization of the interior conditions of drain and sewer pipes.
The equipment, commonly called a plumber’s snake, is a flexible fiber optic cable with a small high-resolution video camera on its tip is inserted into the pipe for inspection. As the cable is fed through the pipe, the waterproof camera, equipped with lights, records the view and the journey. The images are transmitted to a monitor where the plumber can make a diagnosis of the problem. The recorded inspection can be saved for a permanent record.
The video camera is used to identify clogs and damage to pipes that prevent the free flowing, efficiency that the drainage system requires. Furthermore, a video pipe inspection enables the plumber in Fort Worth to select the most appropriate tool and efficient means of providing the required plumbing repair.
Once the problem is identified and resolved, a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth will follow up with a free video post-inspection to verify that the problem has been fully resolved and the pipe is clean and serviceable.
Video pipe inspections enable the plumber in Fort Worth to identify problems such as:
- Broken or collapsed pipe requiring repair or replacement by a plumber in Fort Worth. In the past, faulty pipes had to be excavated to identify the problem and its location. This is no longer necessary with the innovative plumbers snake. Capable of identifying the exact location of the issue, only a small area requires excavation when it is required at all. In most cases, the pipe can be repaired without disturbing your lawn at all.
- Offset sewer pipe occurs due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, or other causes.
- Blockage due to grease buildup, or a foreign object restricting the proper flow of the pipe.
- Corrosion and rust can result in blockage of the pipe, or broken pipe with collapsed sections.
- Bellied pipe occurs when a section of the pipe sinks. The sagging section of the pipe creates a low point where paper and waste can accumulate. This can be due to ground or soil conditions.
- Leaking joints occur when the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to leak into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration occurs when tree or shrub roots invade the sewer line. Roots cause blockage and can damage the pipe. A video pipe inspection enables the plumber in Fort Worth to determine the pipes inner condition, the amount of damage and precisely what repair will require.
Signs of Sewer Pipe Problems
- Sewer odor – Water in drain traps normally prevents sewer gases from entering your home. Vent pipes are another means of allowing sewer gases to escape to the outdoors. A vent pipe that is disconnected, clogged or damaged could allow sewer gases to enter in the home. Sewer leaks in and around the home may be noted with sewer odors, including upon the lawn.
- Backed-up sewer line – Blockage in the sewer line can cause sewer back-up into the home, introducing health threatening bacteria and viruses into the home’s interior. Sewer back-up, especially if it is overflowing requires the prompt intervention of a qualified plumber due to the health risks.
- Greening of lawn sections – If the sewer line is leaking sewage into the yard, grass may appear greener than in other parts of the lawn.
- Pooling of water on the lawn – A leaking sewer pipe can cause pooling of water on the lawn. If no liquid is noted, look for moist soil when other areas are dry. Sewer odor may be detectable.
The leakage of sewer pipe contents is a health threatening situation requiring prompt attention. Viruses’, bacteria and other disease causing organisms can enter the water table, nearby private wells, ponds, lakes, creeks and rivers. Sewer fluids can expose you, your family and the members of your community to illness causing organisms. Sewer repair should not be delayed, call a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth for sewer repair.
We Offer Video Pipe Inspection Services
A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can provide the video pipe inspection you require, followed by reliable pipe repair and/or cleaning and a post-video pipe inspection to ensure a thorough resolution of the problem. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides plumbing services in Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas. When you require a licensed professional plumber in Fort Worth give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.