6 Ways to tell if you need a Replacement for your Water Filtration System in Fort Worth, TX
Water is just as necessary as the air we breathe. But what if the water that you use is unsafe? You should use a water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX throughout your house to get clean water that does not damage your health, your clothes, pipes, and plants, etc.
Health effects of using unclean water
Here are some examples of what might happen to you if the water that you use is unhealthy and polluted with all kinds of harmful contaminants:
- Infertility: Exposure to water that has been polluted by contaminants can invariably affect your sexual health if used over a long period of time. Other reproductive problems may also affect you with continued use of this polluted water.
- Developmental problems in children: Children may be affected by drinking or bathing in polluted water that is unsafe to drink. It can hinder their physical and, more importantly, the mental capabilities and cause them to suffer from some learning disabilities, behavioral issues and overall lower IQs. Short term effects on physical health may range from skin rashes, upset stomachs that cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- Cancer: There are some types of cancer that can happen from prolonged use of unclean and polluted water for drinking. Drinking water polluted by compounds that are used in making joint connections in between homes and water that is travelling through lead and plastic pipes may cause damaging illnesses such as leukemia and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma by emitting volatile organic compounds.
Fortunately, using a water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX for your whole house can provide you with clean and pure water that is safe for many uses like cleaning, cooking, washing, and even drinking. But what if you already have a water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX and are still suffering problems that are linked to water?
How to tell if your Water Filtration System in Fort Worth, TX needs to be replaced
- Water Quality is affected: If you notice that the water quality from your water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX is suffering, in that it is giving out water that tastes ‘off’ or is discolored to orange brown or has particles in it, it means that your filtration system has a problem.
- Leaks in the water filter system in Fort Worth, TX: In case of a suspected leak, call in the services of a plumber in Fort Worth, TX who will inspect your water filtration system for any leaks, fix them, and then move on to the inspection of other pipes in the house.
- Water Filtration System is making a lot of noise: If the water filtration and purification unit is making a lot of noise, it may mean that you are overworking the whole system leading to more wear-and-tear than necessary. Call in a plumber n Fort Worth, TX who is well equipped in fixing problems in water filtration systems throughout the whole house.
- Your water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX may have become out-dated: If you had bought a water filtration system for your house in Fort Worth, TX a few years ago, it might have covered its whole useful life and is in need of replacement. Manufacturers have certain guidelines for these systems to handle a specific volume of water after which maintenance is required so if you need to change the filter you need to be quick about it. Other than that, there might be some parts that need to be replaced on the water filtration system itself, which may be visible from the extent of wear and tear on the water filtration system itself. If the system needs replacement, you need to get that done as well. Consult a plumber in Fort Worth, TX who can guide you regarding whether you should replace or repair your water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX.
- Significantly lower performance: Your water filtration system may be giving a lower performance than it previously did. Depending in the water quality, you should have help in deciding what decision is best for you, repair or replacement. If the water quality of your house in Fort Worth, TX is “hard” or it has many minerals and elements like iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium and sulfuric compounds, you may need to upgrade your system to handle these problems. Deposits of lime scale and other deposits can form easily on your existing water filtration system, deteriorating its quality further. There are oxidizing water filters available that filter these heavy compounds with lighter less harmful ones like sodium and potassium which help the water form suds with soap and make the water “softer”, in general, before your lines are supplied with it.
- Low Water Pressure: This is a bit tricky to handle because it may be affected by the how much you demand from your water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX. In the morning and night, you may demand more from the system as you and your family members may be using more of it to bathe and drink while you are at home. But if the water pressure is abnormally low in your house and is not affecting your cold water tap of the kitchen sink (normally located nearest to the water supply mains), then the plumbing in your house would be to blame. The water filtration system can also reduce the pressure of water in the sinks and showers if it is cracked or damaged in any way. It is recommended that a certified and professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX come and have a look at the water filtration system.
Your water filtration system in Fort Worth, TX is an important part of your house as it affects your own safety as well as that of your family members. Consult a plumber in Fort Worth, TX, like Benjamin Franklin, the Punctual Plumber to decide what option, replacement or repair, is best for your house.