Clogged drains are a common plumbing problem that homeowners are almost certain to experience at some time. The use of simple preventative steps, and providing periodic professional drain cleaning can prevent clogged drains and sewer pipe. When you’re experiencing clogged drains or sewer pipes, contact Benjamin Franklin plumbers in Arlington today for professional drain and/or sewer pipe cleaning.
Prevention is the best means of preventing clogs. The following tips are a few of the guidelines in preventing clogs:
- Only flush toilet paper and human waste in a toilet, anything else can cause a clog.
- Drain screens are an excellent means of preventing most clogs in showers and sinks.
- In the kitchen, scrape leftovers off of plates into the trash and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Never pour grease into the drain or disposal. Allow grease, fats and oils to cool and place in a sealed container for disposal in the trash or take to a recycle center.
- Use a metal spatula to scrape food residue out of cooking utensils, and wipe out all of the grease possible and dispose of the residue and paper towels in the trash. The best practice is to soak utensils with stuck on food or greasy insides with some grease busting dish liquid in the pan and add some hot water. Once the food is loose pour the mixture outside. This keeps food and grease out of the drain.
- Never pour or flush medications! Ask your pharmacist if they dispose of unused medications. Water across the nation are being contaminated with both over-the-counter and prescription drugs, and medications tend to clump together forming an occlusion in the drain.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the use of a kitchen disposal
Our plumbers in Arlington are equipped with the latest tools, technology, and training to ensure reliable drain cleaning. You can rely on our professional plumbers to provide effective services, and efficient drainage for your home.
Clogged Drain vs. Sewer Pipe Clog
When you experience poor drainage in one location and no other, it indicates a problem in the affected drain. However, a drainage problem involving all drains in the home indicates a likely problem with the sewer pipe. Our plumbers in Arlington can provide an accurate diagnosis of the issue, and provide effective drain cleaning.
The Recommended Frequency of Drain Cleaning
How often your home’s drains will require professional cleaning depends on you and your family’s caution with drains. In addition, those households which use a kitchen disposal will commonly require a higher frequency of drain cleaning than those that don’t, especially when users fail to provide proper use to prevent food from occluding the drain.
In the average household, professional drain cleaning every 2-3 years is beneficial. Contact Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington for professional drain cleaning and efficient drainage.
Periodic Drain Cleaning Benefits
Periodic drain cleaning from our plumbers in Arlington will ensures smooth and efficient drainage. In addition, it reduces the risk of a burst drain pipe or sewer backup. Furthermore, periodic drain cleaning reduces potential damage to the home and its foundation from overflow, while preventing drain odors.
When improperly used, the kitchen disposal can be a source of kitchen clogs which tend to accumulate over time. Observe the manufacturer’s instructions for proper use. Always remember to turn the cold water on before using the garbage disposal, allow water to run during use, and allow it to continue to run for at least 20 seconds after you have finished grinding food. This ensures the ground food is flushed from the disposal and out of the drain.
The Hydro Jet
When a drain or the sewer pipe is clogged, the hydro jet provides the most effective cleaning tool available for the toughest jobs. Using highly pressurized water that cleans a full 360 degrees inside the pipe, the hydro jet can remove it all, including grease and even tree roots.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing licensed plumbers’ offers professional drain cleaning and a wide range of other plumbing services. Our plumbers in Arlington are experienced professionals with the expertise to meet and/or exceed the industry standards. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.