Drain Pipes | Plumbing Arlington
Drain pipes carry waste water out of your home and into the city sewer system. Older homes may have either cast iron or galvanized pipe, which corrodes over time, can lead to backup and damaging leaks in the home’s waste water plumbing in Arlington. In general, any home constructed during the 1960s and prior, may have this type of plumbing.
The integrity of drain pipes is important to maintain a healthy and safe home. Proper disposal of waste water helps to protect the home from water damage, and mold. Furthermore, a properly functioning waste water system also protects the local environment in your community from the risks of disease.
The replacement of drain pipes is a task few consider unless a problem occurs. The following are some of the reasons you should consider a whole house drain repipe in aging plumbing systems:
- Poses potentially serious health risks when backup and/or leaks occur.
- May cause sewer odors in the home.
- While clogs can be cleared, damaged drain pipes require replacement. Either can result in slow drainage, no drainage, and backup.
- Clogged or damaged drain pipes can cause the toilet, dishwasher, or washing machine to overflow and damage the home.
- Leaks from drain pipes can result in damage to ceilings, floors, walls and more.
- The deterioration of cast iron or galvanized pipes can result in clogged drains, leaking drains and potential backup.
Proper drainage is essential for the health of your family and community. Periodic drain and sewer pipe cleaning by a licensed plumber will maintain efficient drainage, and with a video pipe inspection, can ensure problems are identified and repaired. A Benjamin Franklin plumber can provide the repiping you need for your home’s plumbing in Arlington.
Drain pipes connect directly to the sewer pipe, which connects to the municipal sewage system. Furthermore, a leaking pipe or drain backup and overflow can cause serious damage to your home, including mold. Deteriorated drain and sewer pipe due to age or those with mechanical damage require replacement of the home’s plumbing in Arlington.
Repiping Water Line
In addition to repiping drain lines, when the pipe material is galvanized, the chances of your home’s fresh water plumbing in Arlington being galvanized are also likely. When this is the case, it is highly recommended you opt for a full plumb before severe damage occurs to your home and its foundation. Check under sinks to assess the potential pipe materials, although finding plastic or copper is not a guarantee that all pipe has been replaced. Signs of corroded cast iron or galvanized pipe may include:
- Low water pressure due to corrosion and narrowed interiors of water supply piping
- Discolored water when a tap is first opened
- A metallic taste to water
- Frequent leaks
Options for Repiping
Modern pipe materials offer a choice for your home’s plumbing in Arlington. Our plumbers in Arlington can assist with a selection right for you:
- Copper pipe is a long lasting, lead free, corrosion resistant, and recyclable product under normal circumstances. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing uses premium quality copper pipe.
- CPVC and PVC are plastic pipe that have withstood the test of time.
- PEX piping (cross-linked polyethylene) offers extreme flexibility easing the process of installation. It is available in long pipe runs, reducing the number of fittings required, and therefore reducing the number of potential future leaks. Furthermore, PEX provides a shutoff valve at each supply line, a convenience when repair is required.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides reliable plumbing services for your plumbing in Arlington, including repiping of drain pipes, sewer pipe, water line, and a wide range of other plumbing services. Our licensed plumbers provide the expertise every home and business owner needs to ensure reliable plumbing services. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing serves Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.