Photo By ImagePixel at Shutterstock
The main gas line lateral can get punctured, broken, cracked, split, crushed or separated in places where it is joined together. Sometimes, long lengths of pipe are damaged due to unforeseen circumstances like rust, corrosion, and other deterioration. Either way, it may result in a gas leak which is a serious problem.
When it comes to gas leaks, you need to be careful and ensure your safety. Although natural gas is normally safe, you should be aware of the possible hazards. Here are some signs you might need gas line repair in Haslet, TX.
If you notice any of the following signs, it might be time to call a service for gas line repair in Haslet, TX right away:
- Unusual odors like a rotten egg smell
- Unusual sounds
- Condensation on windows
- Inflated gas bills
- Dying plants
- Feeling of dizziness or headaches
- A fire or explosion near the gas line
- Gas lines are rusted or corroded
In case of a gas leak, you need to stay safe before you can even get around to hiring a company for gas line repair in Haslet, TX. Here are a few tips on how to stay safe:
- Shut off the gas valves in your house.
- Leave your home immediately if you suspect there might be a gas leak.
- Do not use any electronic device or appliance if you suspect a gas leak as that can result in an explosion. This includes cell phones, light switches, and televisions.
- Do not try to locate the source of the leak or repair it yourself. Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous. Calling a trained professional is the best idea.
- Do not smoke or light a flame.
Here are a few considerations you need to make before hiring a service for gas line repair in Haslet, TX:
The cost of gas line repair in Haslet, TX is perhaps the greatest consideration. You don’t want to pay too much for a service that doesn’t cover everything. Repairing a gas pipe has varied prices due to a variety of reasons:
- Material Pricing. The type of pipe used and the length of replacement lead to additional material costs to your overall bill.
- Location of the leak. Some examples include: a leak behind a stove is a simple remove and replace so it doesn’t cost too much. Leaks hidden in crawlspaces and walls take a long time to find and can lead to additional costs. Buried lines require landscaping and excavation so these cost the most.
- Method of Repair
The most common types of repairs recognized by industry standards include:
- Replace as Cylinder
- Mechanical Bolt-on Clamps
- Deposition of Weld Metal
- Removal by Grinding
- Reinforcing Full Encirclement Sleeve
- Pressure-Containing Full Encirclement Sleeve
- Composite Sleeve
- Hot Tap
These are the commonly used repair methods but keep in mind that there are other methods which your repair service might opt for depending on your need and their specialty.
- Materials Used
Some repairs require materials like mechanical bolt-on clamps which are tough to find so it will take longer for your repair to be done. Also, make sure the materials used are reliable and durable so that you won’t need repairs again and again.
- The Process
You should ensure the service you hire for gas line repair in Haslet TX is aware of the process and does the following:
- Turns off the gas
- Removes the covers
- Detaches the gas line
- Removes the residue gas pressure
- Cleans the line
- Scuffs the surface
- Attaches the gas line
- Applies the Epoxy
- Tests the gas lines
- Reinstalls the covers
You should also be aware of this process and check if the service you hire does it properly.
- Size of the Repair
Defects which cannot be contained entirely within a fitting cannot be repaired using a fitting type method. So to determine the type of method used, you need to be aware of the size of the repair.
- Pressure Test Records
Pressure tests are an essential means of establishing the fitness of a pipeline for service. It’s important to get the integrity of the pipeline tested if your pipeline is being repaired or replaced.
You should ensure that the company you hire for gas line repair in Haslet, TX is certified and qualified to do the repairs. The professionals should have the right training so that they can do the work right and safely.
Why It’s a Bad Idea to Repair Your Gas line Yourself
Gas line repair is dangerous work. It might be easy to find DIY gas line repair guides online but don’t be tempted to do so! These guides make repairs appear simple and straightforward but the reality is different. Each gas line repair situation is unique. There are always complications which might not be covered by your DIY guide. It requires the experience and training of a professional. You might be tempted to save money by doing it yourself but it isn’t worth the risk. So hire a professional for your gas line repair in Haslet, TX.
Hiring an affordable, efficient, credible and experienced company is the best way to go. You can find out whether a company fits the criteria through customer reviews and checking their licenses. Having been in the industry since 1998, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing can provide you with the best gas line repair in Haslet, TX. The quality of our work and years of experience make us the best choice for gas line repair in Haslet, TX. We offer comprehensive services and also provide emergency repairs. Visit our website to know more.