Photo By photopixel at Shutterstock
As long as your plumbing related appliances and tools are frequently in use, plumbing issues are undoubtedly a ship in the offing. Every now and then, you will have a faulty tap, a broken pipe, or even a blocked sink, among other issues. However, even though such issues are to be expected, they, in many cases, tend to haunt when we least expect. While most issues require little skills to attend to, others can be a challenge, and only a certified plumber can fix them accordingly.
Moreover, in the event of any issue, no matter how small it might appear, it is highly advisable to seek the service of a plumber since a small problem could lead to the development of a more severe case. If you are located in Texas or surrounding areas, you can always reach out to Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth-Mansfield, TX. This widely recognized entity whose quality plumbing services are top-notch yet at very affordable rates.
The most common plumbing issues that you are likely to experience at home or your business premises include the following:
This is among the most common issues you are bound to encounter as a homeowner. Initially, it might appear to be just a small problem but is usually an indication of far worse issues to come. This issue is caused by flashing solid wastes down your drains. Such could be food particles, frozen fats in sinks, or even accidental flashing soaps down your bathroom drains. Before cleaning your utensils, be keen to remove all solid food leftovers to avoid sending them down your sink. Furthermore, before pouring dirty water down your drains, ensure there are no solid particles.
This issue in most cases can be attended to using the following drills;
- Pouring any chemical clog remover down your drain.
- Pouring down baking soda or vinegar
- Pumping the slow drain with a plunger or using a plumber’s snake tool if you have one.
However, if the issue persists, it could mean a blockage or a clogged drain. As such, you should consult your plumber or have a certified plumber fix the problem for you. For the residents of Mansfield, TX, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth comes in handy to help you sort out such issues.
This is a common issue in most homes in Mansfield, TX, and many other regions in the country. It might not be quite a bother in the initial stages, but drop by drop, your water bills will escalate and hit the rooftop. Furthermore, dripping faucets will create a mess, and it would not be surprising to find a pool in your basement. A single tap faucet over time can drain off gallons of water, which will register on your water meter. This problem could be caused by wearing out of the internal parts of the faucet, stiffing, or displacement of internal washers causing water to flow through.
The best solution for this issue is solely the replacement of the dripping faucets. However, you could get a plumber to repair the faucets for you if you are not in a position to replace them at the moment.
Low Water Pressure
Low water pressure haunts you when you are late for that meeting or late for a job, and you need to take a quick shower. It is very inconveniencing and, if not attended to, could be a recipe for disaster. This issue could be caused by the following;
- Leakages in your water system causing the normally expected pressure to escape
- Mainline pipe bursts, your water provider’s mainline could be having issues, and such could reduce the pressure of water entering your water system.
- Sedimentation and deposition of minerals on your pipe systems, faucets, and even shower heads.
You could, however, attend to this issue by performing the following drills;
- Installing a filtration system in your water system this will help to filter away any form of sediment in your water. You can then remove the filters and clean them accordingly.
- Detaching your faucets, showerheads, and taps and cleaning them with vinegar to clean off any form of sediments and mineral deposits.
The above drills entail having technical know-how on plumbing issues that most people may not have. As such, it is only wise to reach out to a certified plumber who could also fix this issue should the above-recommended drills are not a solution. An entity such as Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth-Mansfield, TX, would undoubtedly help you out if you are a resident of Texas or surrounding areas.
A running toilet is another plumbing issue that can dig deep into your pockets by hiking your water bills to the skies. Unlike faucets that might send out droplets, a running toilet is far worse, and due to the pressure of the water in the basin, the drainage increases with time. A running toilet could be caused by the following issues;
- A leaking basin
- Accumulation of sediments in your basin, causing blockages and affecting regular flushing and filling up of the bowl.
- A faulty flapper valve.
- An imbalanced float.
- Loose fill tubes.
The only solution to this issue is replacing the faulty flapper valve, the float, and the loose filler tubes. However, in adverse situations, replacing the whole basin could be the only cure. Such could mean getting the services of a plumber.
Leaking pipes could turn your rooms into pools if you do not attend to them as soon as possible. Even worse, the leakages could happen in stuffed parts of your home and utterly cause damages. Moreover, like faucets and running toilets, they are subject to water waste which reflects on your water bills.
Leakages could be caused by the following;
- Loose joints, loose joints are likely to let off drops of water
- Clogged pipes due to mineral deposits are also likely to develop some leaks over time
The following drills can fix leaking pipes;
- Using a leak tape, a rubber sheet or a compression clamp is a temporary way of stopping the leakage, but it is not the most effective way.
- Replacing the leaking pipes, this is the only long term solution to the issue of leaking pipes.
Attending leaking pipes is no mean feat since the problem could elevate and turn messy, causing damages. As such, it is always recommended that you seek the services of an experienced plumber all the time.
Clogged drains are both aesthetically unappealing as well as a health hazard and should be fixed with immediate effect. Imagine the ugly sight of a blocked toilet or bathroom drain. A clogged toilet drain, for instance, can cause back-flow of waste back into your toilet and such could even find their way onto your floor. This issue is majorly caused by disposing of your solid waste or debris through your toilet drain.
You could counter this problem doing the following;
- Pumping using a plunger and attempting to dislodge the clog, this is only a temporary drill that may not do away with the issue altogether.
- Using chemicals to break down the clog, this is, however, discouraged since chemicals are bound to damage your drainage pipes.
To avoid undesirable effects and do away with the problem completely, getting the plumbing services of a recognized entity such as Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth-Mansfield, TX, is the best call.
A typical Texas winter could be the sole reason for your frozen pipes and a recipe for more plumbing issues. It translates to no water at all for your bathrooms, toilets, and sinks. No water for these critical sectors of your home means a disaster in the name of dirty drains and unflushed toilets.
Unflushed toilets and dirty drains are aesthetically unacceptable and could be the cause of infections, not to mention the foul sewer smell that could kill the appetite for a thanksgiving turkey. If you are in adverse winter-prone locations, it is highly recommended that you have the contacts of a plumber on top of your contacts list.
This issue can only be resolved by an experienced plumber since any unprofessional attempt to thaw the pipes can cause them to burst, and such would be a disaster.
This is among the most undesirable plumbing issues that you would not want in your home or even business premises. It entails raw sewage flowing back into your toilet basin rather than flow off to the sewage tank. Not only is this a health hazard, but it could also damage your floors, carpets, and rags. Furthermore, it is an ugly sight that you would not fancy in the company of visitors or happen when you are not at home.
This issue could be due to the following;
- Blockages in your sewage systems, this prevents waste from flowing to the destined external sewage tanks and with nowhere else to go, flows back to your toilets.
- A drop in push pressure, if the forward push pressure is not enough to push off your waste, raw sewage will be forced to flow back to your toilet basins.
This issue calls for advanced plumbing skills; hence you would be prompted to reach out to a recognized plumber. Getting an experienced plumber will go a long way to helping you get the best plumbing services.
Lack of Water
This is another annoying issue that, like frozen pipes, would cause a disaster. You might have cleared your water bills, but unlike your neighbors, you have no water. This could be due to clogged pipes or a massive leakage on your waterline that could be draining all your water. In case of such a situation, the only right call is to contact your plumber and have them send an experienced plumber to access and fix the issue accordingly.
No Hot Water in Your Bathroom
Nothing is as disappointing as lack of hot water in the middle of a Mansfield, TX winter. Such an issue is solely down to a problematic water heater. If you have your water bills in order, your water heater could be needing repairs or even in adverse situations a replacement. In case of a no hot water situation, it is advisable to have a certified plumber check your water heating system and fix it.
How to Avoid Plumbing Issues
While plumbing issues are a ship in the offing, there are essential drills that you can perform to delay this ship and maybe have correctly running plumbing systems. Some of the recommended drills include the following;
- Do not pour Grease into your Sinks; fat run-offs from cooking utensils are primarily to blame for clogging and blockages in your sinks. Such hardens in the pipes and consequently narrow them.
- Do not flush solid waste into your drainages; such is bound to block your drainage systems and likely cause back-flows.
- Do not hand things on exposed pipes; hanging objects on exposed pipes will cause strain on these pipes and significantly weaken them.
- Use drain screens on your drains; drain filters will help you prevent solid waste particles from doing down your drains.
- Baking soda drain treatment; pouring some warm water with baking soda down your drains comes in handy to dissolve scum and bacteria buildup in your sink.
- Do not shut your faucets too tightly; shutting your faucets unnecessarily could wear out their washers and cause leaks.
- Regular maintenance; adopting regular maintenance is arguably the best drill to prevent plumbing issues. This helps to detect issues early enough and attend to them before they escalate. Furthermore, replacements can be made where needed.
The fact that there are multiple plumbing issues that you are likely to encounter should prompt you into action, having the best plumber in your contacts. This is the best preparation for such unavoidable issues. If you are in Mansfield, TX, and surrounding areas, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth-Mansfield, TX, is the best plumber around. Not only do they offer services at affordable rates, but they also are readily available whenever you need them.