Benjamin Franklin Plumbing experts have the expertise to provide water heater repair, replacement, or installation. Anyone who has ever experienced a broken water heater and a cold shower will agree a water heater is essential for the modern home or business. Whether you need maintenance, installation or water heater repair in Arlington, our plumbers in Arlington can provide the water heater services you require.
Water Heater Maintenance is Essential
If you are unaware your water heater requires routine maintenance, you’re not alone. In areas with hard water, minerals build up in the water heater. This results in the accumulation of sediment in the bottom of the water heater tank, and on water heater elements in electric water heaters. The sediment acts an insulator, increasing the amount of time required for the process of heating water, and consequently consumes a higher amount of energy. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington can provide professional water heater maintenance, installation, and water heater repair in Arlington.
Furthermore, as the amount of sediment grows, it can result in overheating of the tank bottom, resulting in the breakage of the glass liner. Once this occurs, the water heater is living on borrowed time. Rust will soon occur, resulting in a leaking water heater that may heavily damage your home or office. Routine maintenance reduces sediment and its effects, and the need for water heater repair in Arlington, while extending the service life of the appliance.
The Advantages of a Conventional Water Heater
Today’s consumer has the option of a conventional water heater with the tank, or a tankless water heater that is well, tankless. Both have advantages and disadvantages, and the right one for your needs will depend on your specific requirements and expectations. The advantages and disadvantages of a conventional water heater include:
- Conventional water heaters are available in a wide range of features and price. Typically, the average conventional water heater has a lower initial purchase price. In addition, the installation tends to be less costly.
- When there is an electrical power outage and you have a gas powered water heater that does not require electricity for a digital display, you will still have hot water. Even an electric water heater will provide one tank of hot water for hours. If you need a shower, you can still have it, although the appliance won’t be able to produce additional hot water until the power is restored.
The Disadvantages of a Traditional Water Heater
- A conventional water heater is not as energy efficient as a tankless water heater.
- Supply is limited in a conventional water heater. Once the available water is used, it takes time to heat more water.
- Bacteria may develop in a conventional water heater requiring a call to your plumber for water heater repair in Arlington.
- A conventional water heater requires a greater amount of space than a tankless water heater.
- The conventional water heater tank can leak due to corrosion. This can potentially cause serious water damage to the home and its foundation.
- The lifespan of a conventional water heater is significantly less than a tankless water heater.
Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the conventional vs. the tankless water heater, and consideration of your household size, and hot water needs will assist you in the decision of the best option for your household’s needs. Our professional plumbers can assist you in your decision.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers licensed plumbers with professional expertise. Our plumbers in Arlington provide a wide range of plumbing services, including but not limited to, water heater repair in Arlington, water heater maintenance, and water heater installation. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.