Photo By STEKLO at Shutterstock
Your water heater is an important part of your house. It powers hot water around the house for showering, cleaning dishes, and doing laundry, etc. So it can be a real problem if it breaks down or leaks. A water heater leak can be due to a range of reasons, all of which can be addressed without leading to total appliance failure. It can be challenging to diagnose the problem with the water heater so hiring a professional for water heater repair in Pantego, TX is the best way to go.
If you maintain your water heater well, you will not require costly repairs. Maintenance can also prolong your water heater’s life. The average lifespan of a well-maintained water heater is between 10-15 years. Here are a few things you can do to maintain it:
- Check the temperature
- Drain the tank regularly
- Test the pressure relief valve
- Insulate the water heater
- Check all the safety controls and wire connections
- Inspect the system for water leaks
There are two main types of water heaters – electric and gas. There are a few signs that your water heater may be in need of repair. So if you notice any of the following, it might be time to call a professional for water heater repair in Pantego, TX:
- Clanking or boiling noise as the water heats up.
- Water is not getting hot.
- It’s taking longer than usual for the water to heat up.
- Water is getting too hot.
- Low hot water pressure.
- Water leaking from the base of the water heater.
- Rust build-up, which can is detectable through rust streaks in the shower or rust stains on your clothes.
- Rusty water coming from the taps.
- The pilot won’t light.
- Increased energy consumption
Here are six of the most common problems and maintenance concerns for tankless water heaters:
- Mineral Buildup – Hard water is water with high mineral content, and the harder your water, the higher the chances of mineral buildup.
- Cold Water Sandwich – If people in your household take showers back-to-back then you should be familiar with this concept.
- Exhaust or Air Supply Blockage – This means your water heater is having issues with combustion air or venting. Inspect all vent pipes to ensure they are connected properly and don’t have puncture holes. Make sure the clearance requirements are being met, as installing your water heater too close to other objects can block the air supply and create a fire hazard. Birds nest, wasps and rodents nest can also block your venting, so be sure to thoroughly examine all vents.
- System Overload – Depending on your water heater’s capacity, too many simultaneous hot water applications can overload it. Your water heater may struggle to supply the hot water needed or shut down altogether if it becomes overloaded. In case of such a situation, you should reduce the demand for hot water by limiting simultaneous applications, and you should consider resetting your unit.
- Ignition Failure – There are numerous reasons your water heater’s ignition could fail. Often, this issue is caused by the gas supply, so check to make sure your propane tank is full. Your ignition could fail if your gas valve or water valves are not fully opened. Check and open gas and water valves fully. If this does not resolve the ignition problem, then either your ignition pack has failed or there’s a bigger problem. You should contact technical support and get water heater repair in Pantego, TX right away.
- Flame Failure – Flame Failure is normally caused by either an electrical issue or a gas pressure problem. Just like with ignition failure, you should first rule out simple causes like an unpaid gas bill or a low propane tank. Other possible causes of flame failure include a gas line that’s too small, combustion issues, regulator failure, venting and more.
There are a few considerations you need to make before hiring someone for water heater repair in Pantego, TX. These include:
The cost of repair can be high due to the many parts needed, which include:
- Heating elements
- Anode Rod
- Dip Tube
- Pressure Relief Valve
- Price of Labor
- Quality of Work
You want to ensure that the service you hire for water heater repair in Pantego, TX is trained and qualified to do the kind of work you require. The more experienced the repair technician, the more they are likely to cost.
- Materials Used
You want to make sure the service you hire for water heater repair in Pantego, TX uses the right materials for the job. This will determine how long the repair will last and if it needs to be redone.
You need to ensure that the professional you hire for water heater repair in Pantego, TX, does all of the following:
- Makes sure the power is off
- Removes the cover plates
- Test the thermostat
- Tests continuity for a burned out element
- Tests for a short circuit.
- Remove the bad element
Repairing a water heater is a complex task and its best left to a professional. Hiring a professional will save your time. When selecting a company for water heater repair in Pantego, TX, you need to ensure the following:
- Friendly and Professional
- Customer Service
Having been in the industry since 1998, we can provide you with all of the above and hence, the best water heater repair in Pantego, TX. The quality of our work and years of experience make us the best choice for water heater repair in Pantego, TX. We offer comprehensive services and also provide emergency repairs. Visit our website to know more.