Photo By NeutronStar8 at Shutterstock
Water damage is one of the biggest problems you’ll ever have to face with your plumbing. When they’re not resolved or detected immediately, it may lead to costly repairs and replacements. The best thing you can do is to call a plumber in Arlington, TX, for a water line repair, so they can help you inspect your plumbing. They can check if the plumbing leak comes from inside your home or the water main.
In this article, you’ll learn more about the different types of plumbing leaks, where to look for them, and how to prevent water damage in your home.
Types of Leaks
As a homeowner, keep in mind that there are two types of plumbing leaks that you need to watch out for. It’s important that you know what to do after some leaks may damage your home or your water main. For the water main, you need to call for water line repair in Arlington, TX, immediately to help you resolve the issue.
Catastrophic Plumbing Leaks
This type of leak often goes unnoticed as some of them may be a slow plumbing leak. This is why we always recommend homeowners periodically check their plumbing to avoid costly and catastrophic problems. If you’re having issues with your water main, contact a plumber right for a repair.
Remember that slow and catastrophic leaks can lead to mold problems, which are even bigger and costly.
Examples of catastrophic leads are burst pipes; water line leaks with your washing machine or fridge, toilet supply leaks, and pipe connector failures. Call for a water line repair immediately so a licensed plumber can do a thorough inspection and help you immediately resolve the issue and then prevent costly water damage.
To avoid burst pipes, you need to make sure that you don’t have high water pressure, as that can eventually strain your pipes and result in leaks in your plumbing. Also, during winter, ensure that you insulate your pipes so the water inside them won’t freeze. When the water freezes, your plumbing pipes may expand and then burst. For all other plumbing problems, call for a water line repair for assistance.
Also, keep in mind that slow and catastrophic leads are often a result of a homeowner’s neglect. They happen when the homeowner fails to schedule regular plumbing maintenance. As much as possible, hire a licensed plumber to help you check your plumbing regularly. With regular inspection, problems are diagnosed and fixed right away. This can avoid calling for water line repair.
This type of leak happens suddenly, such as leaks in your washing machine, an overflowing toilet, a water heater malfunction, and then a series of burst pipes in your ceiling. Call for a plumber right away to help you alleviate these problems.
There are also costly leaks that you need to avoid. They include leaky toilets that can skyrocket your bills every month. To test whether you have a toilet leak, you need to buy some food coloring and pour some of them into the toilet tank. Then wait for about 30 minutes to check the toilet bowl. If the water in the toilet bowl changes, then you have a toilet leak. You need to call a plumber in Arlington, TX, right away for assistance. For other plumbing leaks, especially in the water main, get a water line repair from a reliable plumbing company.
Where to Look for Water Leaks in Your Plumbing
When you book a water line repair a plumber can help you look for plumbing leaks in your home. You can also do this yourself as there are places in your homes to check for plumbing leaks.
Don’t just look at the kitchen sinks but also your laundry, bathroom, and even utility room, if there’s any. You can also check your dishwasher, fridge, and even your bathtubs. If you need that the areas are not dry and there are signs of water in them, you need to get help right away. Call for water line repair so a licensed plumber can help you fix the plumbing leak.
Leaks in water heaters can happen when the homeowner fails to perform maintenance. You need to flush out the sediments inside the tank every year as that can affect the efficiency of your water heater and may also lead to plumbing leaks.
Call a professional immediately to prevent water damage in your home. Ensure that you always contact a licensed plumber in your area to avoid other problems, such as filing for a water damage insurance claim.
If you have a basement, don’t forget to check them for water leaks. Also, you need to check your sump pump regularly to ensure that it still works.
Other places to look for plumbing leaks include the water filtration system, your water softener, and even your HVAC.
If you think you have a plumbing leak in our water main, get a water line repair problem immediately. A professional can help you inspect your plumbing and then help you resolve them promptly.
How to Find Leaks In the Ceiling or Wall
Some plumbing leaks are clearly obvious, while others are just difficult to locate. Hiring a professional plumber can help you locate plumbing leaks inside your home or in your water main. Get a water line repair in Arlington, TX, immediately so a professional can inspect your plumbing.
What you can do to check for this type of plumbing leak is to check for water spots in your walls or ceilings. It’s important that you find these right away to avoid mold problems in your home.
A licensed plumber may also use a moisture meter to help them locate leaks in the walls or ceilings. Call for a professional immediately for either a professional leak detection or water line repair if the problem is in your water main.
What Is the Best Way to Prevent Leaks in Your Plumbing?
Leak detectors are a lifesaver as they can prevent water damage in your home. Although you will need to get water line repair in Arlington, TX, right away so they can help you fix the leak, it’s important that you are alerted right away when this happens.
By installing leak detection devices, you’ll be alerted when there are leaks in your plumbing. With the right leak detection device, you won’t have to worry, albeit you’re not home, as they can just automatically shut off your main water supply to prevent further damage.
Other Ways to Help You Prevent Water Damage
Call for a water line repair when there are leaks in your plumbing, and do these helpful tips to help you prevent leaks. One of the things you can do is to always monitor your water bill. When your bills are suddenly sky-high, that could mean that there are leaks in your plumbing system. Then, call a plumber immediately for water line repair or other plumbing issues.
- If possible, always use steel braided hoses for your supply lines like your washing machine. These hoses are not susceptible to damage compared to plastic hoses. They also last significantly longer than plastic hoses. For installation, though, ensure that you always work with a licensed plumber in your area to avoid other problems. Avoid installing it yourself, as you may make a mistake that could lead to an even bigger and costly problem.
- Periodically check your plumbing system. You can schedule this once a week or once every week. Then call a plumber immediately for water line repair or other plumbing issues and avoid costly plumbing emergencies. Keep in mind that some plumbing emergencies are a result of maintenance failure. You can avoid this by being a responsible homeowner and getting a regular inspection from a reliable and licensed plumber.
- If you don’t want to use steel braided hoses for your washing machine, then make sure that you change them every 5 years as they can become brittle with time. Also, you need to regularly check them for wear and tear to make sure that there are no leaks in your washing machine hoses. If you have leak detection devices, install one in your laundry room too. For washing machine hoses replacement, only work with a licensed plumber to avoid other problems down the road.
- How is the water pressure in your plumbing? Is it too high? Some homeowners are not aware that high water pressure can damage their plumbing pipes. Too high water pressure can actually strain your pipes. When these are not resolved, it may lead to plumbing leaks. Call for help right away. A licensed plumber can help you fix water pressure issues in your home. To check the water pressure, purchase a water pressure gauge at your local shop and look at the reading. If it’s over 70 psi, that means that there is high water pressure in your plumbing. You need to get help right away to avoid this problem.
- For your HVAC, you need to get them inspected immediately as there might be issues with the drain pipes. Call a plumber immediately for water line repair or other plumbing issues.
- As much as possible, avoid planting trees or shrubs near your plumbing pipes. When the trees grow, their roots may actually penetrate and damage your pipes. That will be an even costly problem as it may involve digging on your property. If there are already trees near your home’s plumbing, you need to call a professional to know your options to prevent water line repair or other plumbing leaks in your home.
- Apart from installing leak detection devices in your home, consider installing a sump pump for your basement too. A sump pump can help you prevent water damage in your basement. However, you do need to make sure that they really will work, especially when a storm is coming. For sump pump installation, ensure that you only work with a licensed plumber. Consider getting backup batteries, too, just in case there is a power interruption during a storm.
- Never leave standing water in your plumbing hoses as they may freeze back into the pipes. What happens is they may create an ice block that can burst and damage your pipes eventually. When there is standing water, call a plumber to investigate and then make sure that you dry the area. Make sure that you call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth. We have reliable problems who can help you with regular inspection and maintenance.
- Are you going out for the weekend? Then the best way to avoid water damage is to simply turn off your water main. You need to know where these are located, too, as it will come in handy during plumbing emergencies. Call a plumber immediately for water line repair or other plumbing issues.
If there are already leaks in your plumbing, the first thing you need to do is turn off the water main and then dry the area as much as possible. Call a plumber immediately so they can do a thorough inspection, locate the leak and then help you resolve the issue. You may also need to call a restoration service, especially when there is heavy damage to your plumbing.
Contact Benjamin Franklin of Fort Worth
Do you need water line repair in Arlington, TX? Get help from us immediately. This type of problem needs to be resolved right away as it can cause catastrophic damage to the structure of your home and your home’s foundation. Don’t worry, all of our plumbers are reliable and experienced. We can help you with any plumbing-related issue in your home, no matter how big or small. Get in touch with us for an appointment. We are available at your most convenient time and especially during emergencies. Reach out to us today!