Do you know when it’s time to get a replacement for your appliances or plumbing fixtures? Read this article for tips. We’ll also provide you with more tips on conserving energy and water, and saving money on your plumbing. If you have questions, get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX today. Our plumbers are more than happy to assist you at your earliest convenience.
When to Upgrade
Do you have an old water heater that keeps acting up? How long have you been using it? Appliances don’t last forever; you will have to replace them at some point. For those with conventional water heaters, these types of water heaters can last up to 10 years when properly maintained. But if you keep calling a plumber for water heater repair, it might be time to get them replaced. The repair costs can add up over time, not to mention the stress associated with calling a plumber and waiting for the service call to finish. You can avoid all these by buying replacements instead.
You can save money by buying an energy-efficient water heater. An example would be a tankless water heater. With this type, you’ll only be using energy when you turn on the tap or the shower. There’s no standby heat loss, so you get to conserve energy and save more money. You also don’t need to store a bigger tank in the basement, lowering your risk of getting a catastrophic plumbing leak that can cost you a fortune.
Do you need more information about water heaters? Get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX so that our plumbers can help you make an informed decision on which water heater to purchase for your home. We’re highly experienced with all types of water heaters and our plumbers can properly install them for you.
You Live in an Old Home
For homeowners that live in older homes, we also recommend you consider calling a licensed plumber for a thorough inspection of your entire plumbing system. There might be a need to upgrade an appliance or a fixture to ensure your plumbing is highly efficient. The last thing you want is to encounter a major plumbing emergency that can cost you a fortune in repairs or replacements. You can avoid this by getting a professional plumbing service and letting a plumber inspect your plumbing for any damage.
You Have Older Pipes
If you recently bought or are renting an old home, chances are the pipes installed are still made with either iron or galvanized steel, which aren’t the best types for they are highly susceptible to corrosion. It’s best to get a plumbing service in Mansfield, TX and upgrade your pipes. For renters, consider talking to the owners and asking them to upgrade their plumbing pipes.
Although galvanized steel can actually last longer — up to 100 years, they are likely to corrode. You might end up with a catastrophic leak if the pipes are very old. Modern homes usually have brass, copper or PVC pipes installed as they don’t corrode easily. PVC pipes can last up to 45 years while copper pipes last longer, up to 80 years. If you need help in determining which type of pipes to install for your new home, we highly suggest you get professional plumbing service so that our plumbers can better advise you on which pipes to purchase. Make sure to also contact a licensed plumber to help you install the new pipes.
Water Pressure Is Low
Leaks and clogs can affect your home’s water pressure. If the water pressure has suddenly dropped, we recommend getting a professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX for an inspection. There might be a leak somewhere in your plumbing. Don’t worry, our plumbers can help you fix the problem. Installing leak detection devices can also help avoid leaks in the future. These devices can alert you of a possible leak in your plumbing and can automatically shut off the water supply to prevent further damage.
Contact us right away so we can assist. After requesting a plumbing service, we will quickly dispatch a plumber to check your home, diagnose the problem and provide you with the best plumbing solutions.
You Want to Save Money
If you want to conserve water and energy to save money on your plumbing, switch to energy-efficient and water-saving appliances. Examples are energy-efficient washers, dryers and dishwashers that use less water and are still efficient. Dual flush toilets and low-flow showers are also good options. Make sure you get a professional plumbing service to help you install these appliances.
Noises and Discolored Water
If you hear unusual noises in the pipes when you turn on the faucet or the water seems different, get professional plumbing service today for an inspection. There might be corrosion in the pipes and you need to get them replaced. Call us today for assistance.
You Suspect Something is Wrong
Do you think something is up with your plumbing system? Get professional plumbing service immediately for a thorough inspection of your plumbing. There might be a need to get them upgraded or replaced to avoid a costly repair. Contact us today and we’ll quickly dispatch a professional plumber to your location. Don’t worry, all of our plumbers are certified and highly experienced. There’s no problem we can’t fix. Get in touch with us today and request a plumbing service.
If you regularly maintain your drains and you still get frequent clogs, there could be another issue with your plumbing system. We highly recommend you get professional plumbing service today for an inspection. We’ll let you know what’s wrong with the drains or if there are other issues that need to be addressed.
Should I Buy a New Sump Pump?
A sump pump is a useful device that prevents flooding in the basement. Homeowners that live in flood-prone areas must consider installing one for their homes to avoid costly plumbing repairs or replacements. Water can also damage your home’s foundation and can also lead to mold growth. If you want to avoid calling restoration services, get a plumbing service in Mansfield, TX today for a sump pump installation. If you already have a sump pump installed, below are the reasons it’s time to get an upgrade.
Sump Pump No Longer Works
You must test the sump pump if there’s a storm coming to ensure it works perfectly. To test the pump, pour a bucket of water into the sump pit, just enough to turn on the float switch. If it doesn’t turn on, get a professional plumbing service for an inspection as it might be time to get an upgrade. Talk to us so we can help you choose the right sump pump for your home.
Old Sump Pump
The sump pump can last an average of 10 years when properly maintained. If yours is more than 10 years old and is no longer that efficient, we recommend you get a new one. Get professional plumbing service today so that our plumbers can help you choose a new sump pump and install that for you.
Blocked Drainage Parts
You will have problems with your sump pump when the discharge lines are not working properly. Check the exit points to ensure no rocks or debris can enter the system. Protect your pipes as well so the water inside them doesn’t freeze when the temperature starts dropping. Get professional plumbing service if you suspect something is wrong with the drainage parts.
Excellent Plumbing Tips to Avoid an Upgrade or Repair
The tips below can help you conserve energy and water, and avoid major plumbing emergencies that will cost you a fortune in repairs or replacements. If you have questions, get professional service so that our plumbers in Mansfield, TX can help.
- Resolve the water pressure problem. High water pressure can severely damage your pipes and lead to catastrophic damage while low water pressure usually indicates an issue with your plumbing system. If your water pressure is either high or low, we highly recommend you get professional plumbing service today so that a plumber can inspect your plumbing. You might want to also purchase a water pressure regulator to help you regulate your home’s plumbing.
- Take care of your water heater. If you still have a water heater tank stored in the basement, periodically check it for any wear and tear, or damage. When your water heater is more than seven or 10 years old, consider replacing them with an energy-efficient water heater. Most importantly, flush out the sediment building up at the bottom of your water heater tank. Mineral buildup can affect the efficiency of your water heater and can also lead to catastrophic damage if you don’t do something.
- Protect your pipes. All homeowners know that the water inside the pipes can freeze during winter yet some of them still don’t take extra precautions. You must protect all exposed pipes inside and outside your home to avoid a costly repair. If you’re not going out, consider slightly opening the faucet so that warm water can flow through the pipes. Don’t forget to open those cabinet doors so that warm air can also circulate in that area. If you still need assistance, please don’t hesitate to get professional plumbing service today. Our plumbers are more than happy to assist.
- Fix a leaky toilet. You can waste hundreds of gallons of water with a leaky toilet. Call a plumber immediately to help you fix it. Do the food coloring test to know if there’s a leak in the toilet. To do this, simply pour some food coloring into the tank and wait for about 15 minutes. If the water inside the toilet bowl changes, then there’s a leak in the toilet. Call a professional right away for assistance.
Homeowners mustn’t ignore plumbing problems thinking they’re not really an issue. Remember, plumbing emergencies don’t usually happen overnight. They occur when homeowners fail to care for their plumbing. If you suspect a problem, call a plumber immediately.
- Install leak detection devices. To lower your chances of encountering a catastrophic leak, consider installing leak detection devices and installing shut-off valves near your appliances and fixtures as well. A leak detection device can detect a possible leak in your plumbing, including fluctuations in temperature. Some models can also automatically shut off the water supply. You can also just install a shut-off valve to make it easier for you to turn off your water. For installation, make sure to get in touch with a licensed plumber only.
- Hire a plumber for regular plumbing inspections. Routine inspections don’t just help you save money on costly repairs. It can also maintain your plumbing and keep it in excellent shape. It lets you avoid buying replacement appliances and fixtures. However, make sure to only hire a licensed plumber for inspections. Our plumbing team is fully equipped so if something comes up, we’ll fix the issue on the same day.
- Install drain covers. While professional drain cleaning can maintain your drains, it’s always best to also install strainers to catch those hair, debris and food particles. Clean these strainers once a week to avoid unpleasant smells in the kitchen.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth
Do you need a professional plumbing service for your home in Mansfield, TX? You’ve come to the right place. We’re a dependable and trusted plumbing company offering unparalleled services to all homeowners and businesses in the area. Trust that we can resolve your issue promptly. and they’re fixed permanently. We have licensed and experienced plumbers who can take care of any issue, big or small. Rest assured, we work incredibly hard to ensure you’re completely satisfied with our services. Call us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth for an appointment.