If you have ever faced a plumbing issue then you must have heard of frozen pipes. This is a common issue during the winter season. A frozen pipe, if not treated in a professional manner, can be a nuisance. If the pressure inside the freezing pipe fails to release and keep on the building, it can easily split the plastic and abruptly blow opens the metal pipe, as the plumbers in Haslet, TX suggests.
Do you know that a one-tenth-inch of the split may even cause the water to gush into your house? It is true that it is a rather rare situation but indeed millions of houses, every winter, face such serious incidences which arise due to a simple problem of a frozen pipe.
This petty issue instantly grows into a huge cost of replacement. However, the frozenpipe is the problem that can easily be avoided by taking some simple measures. As much asit is important to take the measures the same amount of consideration should also be given to take this measure in a timely manner. All you need to do is to make the right amount of efforts at the right time as the plumbers in Haslet, TX.
This unnecessary problem leads to serious damage both in term of bursting or leaking pipes. This means the unnecessary expense of repair and replacement by hiring the plumbers in Haslet, TX. When you face this issue in your commercial building, you will end up paying thousands of dollars in electrical as well as structural damage.
Thus, to help you avoid these problems, let us have a look at some useful information about the frozen pipes.
The Important Facts of Frozen Pipes
Here the basic facts about frozen pipes that will help you winterize your plumbing pipes before the situation aggravates or you incur heavy repair and replacement cost by hiring local plumbers in Haslet, TX.
- The frozen pipe issue is commonly observed during the months of November to January.
- The temperature that leads to the problem of a frozen pipe is the 20 degree Fahrenheit.
- The poor insulation in your house, the sudden drop in the outdoor temperature or running your thermostat at a much lower temperature are all fundamental reasons that lead to frozen pipes and results in a heavy cost of repair and maintenance.
- The estimated cost of fixing a frozen or busted pipe goes from $1500 to $100000. But this cost solely depends on the type of property, the impacted material as well as the severity of the damage.
- When we face the issue of the burst pipe, water damage is the major cost associated with it.
- Even an inch of a split can be responsible to spew up around 250 gallons of water per day.
Signs You Have a Frozen Pipe Issue
Since now you know the basics of a frozen pipe issue and how easily it can aggravate. Let us discuss the telltale signs of a frozen pipe issue. A frozen pipe issue is an obvious issue and you can easily notice the signs. But here are the two basic indications of the problem.
- You will fail to receive the water from your faucet as you turn it on. Thus, in this case, you will need to thaw that area by incorporating some basic techniques. But regardless ofhow to choose to handle the situation but never attempt to warm up the pipe by using any kind of blowtorch.These attempts often lead to significant damage to property as your home may catch fire easily.
- If you hear the running water sound through the turned off valves in your house, this is a very clear sign of water leak. Thus to avoid aggravating the issue, immediately turn off the water and seek the professional assistance by hiring the plumbers in Haslet, TX.
How Can You Prevent The Frozen Pipes Issue?
Well,the only way to get rid of this issue is to winterize your plumbing pipe. This is the only way you can prevent the frozen pipe issue this year. To spot the most problematic pipes, look for the ones that are most prone to it and are located outside walls or windows.
In addition to that, check for all the un-insulated pipes including the ones installed nearby unheated spaces.
As per the professional plumbers in Haslet, TX, check all the visible crack in the walls or pipes. You can do it by inspecting the house’s exterior. When cold air passes through these pipes, it freezes the pipes. Thus avoid the cost of hiring expensive local plumbers in Haslet, TX and the cost of replacement by caulking the cracks properly by using spray foam to completely fill the gaps.
You can also ensure using a furnace inside the structure. You may go with a proper heating system to protect the plumbing pipes from freezing. To your surprise, faucet dripping is recommended to be fixed immediately but during the winter season, this dripping of water from the faucet can be beneficial to avoid the freezing pipes issue.
As per the plumbers in Haslet, TX you can also avoid the issue by using heat tape. It is another recommended method to winterize your pipes. Always hire professional assistance for this, as this method often leads to a housefire if handled improperly.
In the bottom line
The issue of freezing pipes is common but it is also required to be handled properly and professionally. Thus if you face the frozen pipes issue your best bet is winterizedthe plumbing pipes. To winterize your pipes, hire the professional plumbers of Benjamin Franklin right away.
Remember don’t attempt the solution on your own and leave the job to professionals. Their team is well versed to handle complex plumbing issues. They hold years of experience in fixing such issues and you can also take their professionals insight on keeping your plumbing system well maintained. To get their assistance, call on their official helpline number present on their website.