Bathroom Mold Removal | Plumbers Arlington, Texas
Mold and mildew are an unattractive growth no homeowner wants to see in their bathroom. Mold can cause health problems if left unchecked. Mold and mildew occur due to moisture buildup in your bathroom, potentially from either a plumbing leak or water left behind. Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas can assist you in the repair of leaks, replacement of leaky faucets and your home’s other plumbing needs.
In this blog we will discuss bathroom mold removal, and how to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Our plumbers in Arlington, TX can assist you in locating water leaks, and providing the professional plumbing repair you need. Utilize the following tips to clean and prevent mold and mildew:
- Good old-fashioned cleaning goes a long way towards getting rid of mold. Detergent and water are typically all that is required, although some people prefer a weak bleach mixture. Generally, any cleaner will remove mold and mildew, though if a stain remains, try diluted bleach on the stain. Others prefer vinegar, for both its cleaning ability and sanitizing action without bleach. If you have tough mold in hard to reach areas, hydrogen peroxide can clean it up, just do not mix it with any other product if you have already tried to clean it. Always supply adequate ventilation when using cleaning products.
- When persistent mold or mildew growth clings to silicone sealant, replacing it may be the best solution. If you do it yourself, ensure to use a grout designed for the area, such as around a tub, and choose a mold resistant formula. Applying the sealant appears simple, but it actually requires some experience for a professional looking job. Our dedicated plumbers in Arlington, TX can provide sealing for you.
- To prevent mold and mildew from growing, you need to identify the source of moisture. If you routinely dry tubs, showers counters and sinks, but still have an issue, check for a water leak. Inspect under the sink and behind the toilet as well as the floors, faucets, showerheads, and around accessible pipes for leaks. Ensure the shower door is not allowing water to leak out onto the floor. Ideal indoor humidity is 50%, air conditioning or dehumidifiers can assist in reducing humidity, and deterring mold. Contact our reliable plumbers in Arlington, TX for the replacement of worn, leaking bath fixtures.
- Allow the ventilation fan to run during showers and baths, and for 20 minutes afterwards to allow the moisture time to dry. If you do not have a ventilator fan, opening a window can be helpful when weather permits. Consider installing a fan, selecting the correct cubic feet per minute (CFM) rating for your bathroom. To determine the size you need, multiply the room’s square footage by 1.1 for 8-ft. ceilings, or by 1.5 for 9-ft. ceilings. The result is your required CFM.
- Use an absorbent towel or squeegee to dry the shower and sink after showering or cleaning up at the sink. In addition, if the rug outside your shower is wet, hang it up to dry. Remove wallpaper in the bathroom, and monitor drywall for moisture to prevent mold. If drywall becomes wet, use a fan on it to dry it, and ventilate with windows open when weather permits.
- If you have tile, seal the grout annually to waterproof it and prevent staining or mold.
You should not ignore a mold problem due to the health risks it poses. This is especially true when persons with allergies and respiratory conditions live in the home. The ideal situation is preventing mold from growing in the first place. Maintaining a clean, dry environment will deny mold and mildew the environment it needs to grow, and our plumbers in Arlington, Texas can assist you with your plumbing needs.
If you are consistently providing bathroom mold removal, and are unable to determine the source of moisture, you may have a hidden leak. Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas have the expertise, and leak detection equipment to accurately locate any hidden leaks, and provide a professional plumbing repair. Our licensed plumbers serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.