Much of our homes consist of plumbing and along with plumbing can come problems ranging from clogged drains, to leaks, to sluggish pipes. In those cases, you might need drain cleaning services or drain repair. Many times these problems can be caused by several things including corrosion, harmful materials getting washed down the drain, or even tree roots.
To keep your drains clean and running smoothly, be mindful of the many drains that are in your home and how to keep them maintained. Some of the common problems are:
- Toilet Drains: Many times a clogged toilet is due to facial tissue, baby wipes, feminine products, or other material that doesn’t disintegrate like toilet tissue does.
- Shower/Bathtub Drains: Hair or soap buildup (and children’s toys) are most often the culprit for these kinds of sluggish drains.
- Bathroom Sink Drains: Think of the many things that get washed down a bathroom drain: toothpaste, hand soap, cleaning residue, hair, grime. Over time, your might need drain cleaning to get things running quickly again.
- Kitchen Sink Drain: Just like in a bathroom sink, kitchen sinks are huge multi-taskers, but even more so! Paint, grease, soap, food waste can take their toll on drainage systems.
- Floor Drains: These drains are in basements, laundry rooms, garages, patios, driveways, or even older bathrooms to help carry away water and prevent flooding. These drains are connected to the main sewer and might need a regular cleaning to prevent clogs.
- Main Sewer Lines: All of your household drains lead to your main sewer line, which connects to a city sewer line or septic tank. The clogging culprit here is usually tree roots that can actually break through the line and clog the drain.
Whether you need a