Drain Cleaning | Plumbing Fort Worth
Drain Cleaning | Plumbing Fort Worth
Clogged drains are an aggravating problem. The next time you plunge a clogged drain only to end up calling a plumber; remember, drain cleaning can prevent clogs, and sewer backup when routinely provided. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers offer plumbing expertise, and state-of-the-art equipment for a fast resolution to drainage issues experienced in your plumbing in Fort Worth. Our licensed plumbers are experts at solving all types of drain and sewer pipe issues.
Common causes of clogs include:
• Food particulates
• Hair, toothpaste, and soap scum
• Grease, oil and fats
The following tips will assist you in preventing clogs.
1. To prevent grease clogs, do not pour grease, fat, or oil down the kitchen drain. Once cooled, place the grease in a sealed container and into the garbage.
2. Place strainers in drains to help prevent common hair and food clogs in your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth. Remember to empty often, and especially the kitchen strainer as bacteria can develop in as little as 24 hours.
3. To prevent most toilet clogs only flush toilet paper and human waste. Facial tissues, paper towels, cat litter, medications including pills and capsules, sanitary products, cotton swabs, dental floss, personal or baby wipes, and diapers will cause severe blockages in your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth.
4. Improper use of a garbage disposal often results in a clogged drain. When using the disposal, remember to turn the cold water on before the disposal. When you are through using it, allow the water to run for at least 20 seconds afterward to thoroughly flush the drain and help to prevent clogs in your plumbing in Fort Worth.
When using a garbage disposal, cut up large pieces of foods and feed in one at a time with cold water and the disposal running. If you have a large amount of food, place it in the garbage, rather than the disposal. Foods that should not be placed in the disposal include; coffee grounds, egg shells, pits, fibrous foods such as celery, greens, and corn husks, starchy foods such as pasta, rice, and potato skins.
Sewer Pipe Clogs
When a drainage problem affects all the drains, the problem is likely in the main sewer line. On the other hand, poor drainage in the kitchen sink, and not elsewhere will be confined to the kitchen drain. Contact a plumber in Fort Worth for the repair of your plumbing in Fort Worth.
Sewer Line Clogs
Clogs in the sewer pipe are commonly due to the following:
• Trees send roots out in search of moisture, and roots can grow into your main sewer pipe, causing a clog and damage to the pipe.
• Grease builds up in the pipes, eventually resulting in a clogged sewer pipe. Left untreated, it may result in sewer backup into your home’s plumbing in Fort Worth.
• The ground can shift, creating a swag in the pipe where paper and debris collects, creating a clog. Broken, offset, bellied, or otherwise damaged sewer pipe can be replaced with trenchless pipe repair. This service provides repairs without excavating the lawn, leaving landscaping, and driveways intact with trenchless technology and pipe bursting. The pipe bursting process breaks up the damaged pipe, while pulling new pipe into place with specialized machinery.
Contact a Benjamin Franklin Professional
Sewer pipe problems require a licensed and experienced plumber for solutions due to the health risks involved. Benjamin Franklin plumbers have the equipment using the latest technology, the expertise, and the knowledge to provide drain cleaning, sewer pipe cleaning, video pipe inspections, and other plumbing repair. Contact our plumbers today for a solution to problems with your plumbing in Fort Worth. We provide quality plumbing services in Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.