Gas Line Repair and Service | Gas Line Repair Fort Worth
If you smell the distinctive rotten egg odor of natural gas, evacuate your home of all occupants immediately, and once a safe distance from the home, call 911 and your gas provider. Natural gas collects in confined spaces, and it only takes a tiny spark to ignite it. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for professional gas line repair in Fort Worth. You don’t want to hire just anyone to provide gas line installation or the gas line repair in Fort Worth that you need for your home. Gas line repair and service must be provided by a licensed plumber qualified to provide gas services.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s plumbers in Fort Worth have the expertise to solve gas-piping problems such as the following:
- Gas Leak Detection – Our plumbers are trained in a variety of techniques and have the latest tools to detect gas leaks. Once the leak is located, your Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth will provide professional, and reliable gas line repair in Fort Worth.
- Gas Leak Repair, Installation and Replacement– A Benjamin Franklin professional plumber adheres to all industry standards, ensuring your gas line repair in Fort Worth meets or exceeds local, state and federal code. Our foremost concern is your safety, and we ensure this by providing first quality plumbing services.
While problems with natural gas is relatively rare, being aware of potential hazards better prepares you keep your family and your home safe.
Gas Line Leaks
Gas line leaks are rare, but are extremely dangerous when they occur. A natural gas leak in an enclosed area can cause illness, fire, explosion, or even death. Furthermore, gas leaks can also occur outside the home in the gas meter, or the supply line running from the municipal supply line to your meter, and are equally as dangerous. In addition, before any outdoor digging or excavation, contact your local utility company to identify and mark the gas lines before digging begins, or call the free nationwide service at 811.
Natural gas has an odorant added to make it detectable. The sulfuric, rotten egg odor warns us of a leak, as well as the need for evacuation and gas line repair in Fort Worth. If you detect the distinctive odor of gas, do the following:
- Don’t use a home phone or cell phone until safely away from the house.
- Don’t turn on or off any electrical appliances, or lighting.
- Don’t smoke or use any open flame.
- Don’t attempt to locate the leak yourself, leave it to the professionals.
- Get a safe distance away from the house, call 911 and the utility company.
- If a natural gas line is damaged when digging outdoors, call 911 and your local gas utility company. Do not attempt a gas line repair yourself. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing can provide the gas line repair in Fort Worth you require.
Gas Leak Prevention
Ensuring the professional installation by a licensed plumber assists in preventing gas leaks. Occasionally inspecting your gas fittings for signs of cracking or damage is also recommended. In addition, use caution when pulling a gas stove, or gas dryer out to clean the floor underneath the appliance. The movement of the appliance while pulling it out or pushing it back into place can cause damage to gas lines. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing‘s licensed professionals for gas line repair in Fort Worth.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a toxic by-product from the combustion of natural gas, and other fossil fuels. When inhaled, this toxic gas can cause serious injury, or even death. Furthermore, carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and colorless, and is almost impossible to detect without carbon monoxide detectors.
Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause flu-like symptoms, as well as headaches, chest pain, confusion, dizziness, and unconsciousness. If these symptoms are observed in family members, evacuate occupants from the home, and into fresh air immediately, and call 911. Carbon monoxide detectors warn you of the presence of the gas, just as smoke alarms warn you of smoke. Place detectors near all bedrooms, and at least one on each level of the home including the basement when a gas furnace or other gas appliance is located there.
To reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Carbon monoxide detectors can save lives. Install at least one detector on each floor of the home, including near bedrooms. Persons who are exposed to carbon monoxide as they sleep will be unaware of the toxic gas, and are not likely to wake up.
- Inspect the vents, flues, and chimneys of gas water heaters, gas dryers, furnaces, and fireplaces, ensuring they are free of clogging debris and damage.
- Don’t use a gas oven to heat your home, and always use the vent hood fan when cooking with a gas top range or oven.
- Don’t use a gas or kerosene space heater without proper venting, and especially not in sleeping areas.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is recognized nationwide for the stringent requirements of its plumbers. We strive to provide the highest quality of plumbing services available, and provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Not everyone realizes that gas line repair and service are a part of the intensive training a plumber undergoes. This is why you can count on a qualified Benjamin Franklin licensed plumber to provide the safest gas line installations, or gas line repair in Fort Worth. Give us a call for your plumbing needs todays. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.