Emergency Plumber Arlington TX
Fort Worth Area Plumber
Arlington Area Plumber


Gas Line Repair in Arlington TX

Gas Line Repair in Arlington TX

Gas Leaks | Gas Line Repair Arlington

Natural gas is an efficient fuel that is widely used across the U. S. for heating, hot water production, cooking and in some clothes dryers. Natural gas is an economical and relatively safe energy source when installed by a gas certified plumber. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers experienced gas certified plumbers providing gas line installation and gas line repair in Arlington . Fortunately, gas leaks are rare.

Gas line repair arlington tx

However, there are potential hazards inherent to the nature of gas, which homeowner’s need to be aware of. This is due to the flammable and explosive nature of natural gas, and its potential to asphyxiate. Fortunately, problems related to natural gas are extremely rare. When a gas leak occurs the danger associated with it are as follows:

  • Asphyxiation – Natural gas can rapidly fill a space, while displacing oxygen in the red blood cells and causing asphyxia (the inability to breathe) in any occupants. Gas line repair in Arlington should be promptly provided for gas leaks.
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning – You can’t see, taste or smell carbon monoxide. This gas will also replace oxygen cells in our blood, preventing life giving oxygen from reaching tissues and vital organs, including the brain, and can result in permanent brain injury or death.

Any appliance that burns a fossil fuel exhausts carbon monoxide, and presents the potential of leaking the deadly gas into homes. This is why it is important for vents, flues and chimneys to be inspected each year, ensuring they are open, lacking damage or blockage which can prove to be fatal. Install carbon monoxide detectors in your home at all sleeping spaces and at least one on each floor.

  • Explosion – Gas leaks inside or outside of the home can be very dangerous. Gas in its natural state lacks any odor and scent is added to gas, providing the sulfurous odor of rotten eggs to make a leak more noticeable. Explosion may occur in the presence of a leak. Any spark, such as an appliance cutting on, contact with flame or any other source that may create a spark can ignite a gas leak. Don’t take the risk, call 911, your gas provider and schedule gas line repair in Arlington.

Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms may include:

  • Loss of Consciousness
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Blurred Vision
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Nausea or Vomiting
  • Confusion
  • Chest pain

If you or a family member experiences any of these symptoms, evacuate all occupants of the home immediately and call 911. The routine presence of a headache at home, which goes away when you leave, may be a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. Have a professional provide an inspection.

Natural Gas Safety Tips

Only gas certified licensed plumbing professionals should be used to provide gas line installation and gas line repair in Arlington.

  • Carbon monoxide detectors should be installed in your home, near the bedrooms with at least one on each floor. Test monthly and replace the batteries bi-annually along with the smoke alarms.
  • Have inspection vents, flues, and chimneys of all gas appliances and fireplaces inspected annually to ensure the proper exhaust of gases to prevent the dangerous accumulation of carbon monoxide in the home.
  • Don’t sleep in a room heated by a gas or kerosene space heater that lacks adequate ventilation. Never use gas operated heaters, generators, stoves or barbecue grills intended for outdoor use inside of your home, not even in the basement.
  • Call utility providers 1-2 weeks in advance of any outdoor work requiring digging or excavation. They will mark the location of all utilities for free, including gas lines. Natural gas leaks rarely occur, but when they do, they can quickly become dangerous.

When you suspect a gas leak:

  • If you detect the odor of rotten eggs, evacuate the home immediately, call 911 from a safe distance away and contact your gas provider. Don’t use a phone in your home when a gas leak is present, it only requires a spark to ignite natural gas. Use a neighbor’s phone, or move to a safe distance away from the home and the odor of gas to use a cell phone.
  • Don’t delay gas line repair in Arlington when you have a gas leak. Gas leaks can be very dangerous and require prompt attention by a qualified professional to prevent fire or an explosion.
  • Gas leaks can occur outside of the home in gas lines or gas meters. You may note the odor of gas outside. Signs to watch for include unseasonable dying of plants or grass near the gas line or meter; the blowing of soil or leaves into the air; and unusual noise such as rushing or hissing which is the escape of gas. If you suspect a gas leak, call 911, contact your gas provider and call for professional gas line repair in Arlington.
  • Gas stoves aren’t ventilated to the outside resulting in carbon monoxide being released into the home every time you cook. Always use the vent hood fan when a gas stove is in use. Never use a gas oven for heating in the home. It can result in damage to the appliance and cause carbon monoxide to accumulate in the home.
  • Don’t attempt to locate a gas leak. Leave it to the professionals to provide gas line repair in Arlington.
  • When you suspect a gas leak don’t turn any electrical appliances on or off, including light switches. Evacuate all occupants of the home immediately; call 911 and your gas provider.
  • Don’t smoke or use any open flames.
  • Don’t attempt to provide gas line repair in Arlington yourself. Leave it to the professionals who have the experience and the equipment to provide gas leak detection before and after the repair.

Call for a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing professional to provide plumbing services, gas line installation and gas line repair in Arlington for gas leaks. Our professional plumbers provide exceptional plumbing services in Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. All repairs are backed with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.