Gas Pipe Replacement | Gas Line Repair Arlington
If your home is an older home, 40 years old or older, it is possible your gas piping is a material known to corrode. Corrosion can lead to rust and debris accumulating in the gas pipes, and will eventually result in a gas leak. A gas pipe replacement is the solution for aging gas pipes, and prevents the dangers associated with gas leaks. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides professional gas line repair in Arlington.
Recognizing a Natural Gas Leak
Spotting an unseasonably dead area of grass on the lawn is one of many signs indicating a potential gas leak. Additional signs of a gas leak or potential danger include:
- A deteriorated or damaged connection to a gas appliance should receive gas line repair in Arlington.
- Dirt, leaf, grass debris, or water blowing into the air indicates a gas leak.
- Unexplained dead or dying vegetation over or near gas pipes and/or the gas meter can indicate a gas leak.
- A professional should inspect exposed gas pipe for damage after an earthquake, fire, flood, or other disaster.
- An unusual noise, such as a hissing, whistling, or roaring sound near a gas line or appliance indicates a gas leak.
- The distinctive rotten egg odor of natural gas is the most common sign. Contact our plumbers for gas line repair in Arlington.
What to Do if You Suspect a Gas Leak
If you smell natural gas, hear the hissing sound of gas escaping or see other signs of a leak:
- DO NOT strike a flame, light a candle or cigarette.
- DO NOT turn electrical appliances, electronics, or lights on or off. Do not use any device that could cause a spark, including a phone of any kind.
- DO NOT call from within the house or building, it only takes a tiny spark to ignite natural gas.
- EVACUATE the area, and from a safe location, call 911, your gas supplier, and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for gas line repair in Arlington.
Repiping is the procedure of replacing existing pipes in your home. Many older structures contain galvanized gas pipes, or zinc-coated iron pipes. When these pipes age, they corrode and will eventually leak. If your home contains aging gas pipes, schedule gas repiping before gas leaks or a life-threatening emergency occurs. Give us a call to schedule an inspection, and gas pipe replacement. If you detect the distinctive rotten egg smell of gas, it means that you have a gas leak in need of prompt repair. When your older home is served by corroded, aging gas piping, gas line repiping is the best decision you can make.
Gas Line Replacement
While homes with aging gas line should schedule a gas repipe, all homeowners should periodically inspect gas fittings and the pipe. Gas professionals often recommend replacing gas lines and fittings every ten years to ensure your safety. Brass fittings can develop cracks due to aging and deterioration, and can result in gas line leaks. It only takes a couple of minutes to inspect for cracks, corrosion, damage and the smell of gas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing can replace aging gas lines for you with gas line repair in Arlington.
Call Before Digging
When planning an outdoor project requiring digging or excavation, contact your utility providers 1-2 weeks in advance. They will mark the location of all utilities without a charge. You can reach the nationwide service by calling 811.
Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors
All homes served by gas should have a carbon monoxide detector on each floor, and located in sleeping areas.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s licensed plumbers adhere to the highest standards of the plumbing industry. Contact our plumbers for gas pipe replacement, gas leak detection services, or gas line repair in Arlington. Our professional plumbers provide quality plumbing services in Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.