Kitchen Remodel | Plumbers Arlington Texas
The kitchen is one of the most popular rooms to be remodeled. That is due to the kitchen being a frequent area of family activities, a place where friends and family gather. If selling the home is in the near future, a kitchen remodel will boost a home’s value, otherwise, the remodel can provide enhanced function, enjoyment and improve your family’s lives. While numerous trades will be involved in the kitchen remodel such as cabinet makers, electricians and plumbers in Arlington, Texas, there are several plumbing considerations to make before the remodel begins.
There are several factors related to plumbing that the homeowner should consider in advance of a kitchen remodel:
- Complete repiping: Older homes may be in need of repiping. If pipes are galvanized, or aging with frequent leaks, consider replacing them. A kitchen remodel provides the opportunity of repiping with modern piping options. Repiping and any necessary relocation of pipes will be easier before the remodel than after.
- Upgrade the fixtures: Rely upon Benjamin Franklin’s professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas to install new fixtures such as sinks and faucets for a trouble free experience and added style.
- Add water filtration: During a kitchen remodel provides a convenient time to install an under the sink water filter. Receiving sparkling, clean water for cooking and drinking will enhance your family’s enjoyment of the newly remodeled kitchen and will keep plastic bottles out of the landfill. Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas can provide the water filtration you require.
- Tankless water heater: If the kitchen remodel will include a water heater replacement consider a tankless water heater. It takes up less space and saves energy by only heating water when a hot water tap is opened. Benjamin Franklin plumbers in Arlington, Texas can assist you in deciding if a tankless water heater is right for your home.
Tips for a Less Stressful Remodel
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Establish priorities. If problems occur that will put the budget over the limit (including the extra 20%), stick to the priorities.
- Relocating plumbing and gas lines will increase costs.
- Save money by not eating out at every meal. Having a location for a microwave, coffee pot, toaster oven and a dorm size refrigerator will save money. Paper plates and disposable utensils will eliminate washing dishes in a bathroom sink.
- Provide arrangements for pets in advance, or be prepared to shut them into a room with everything they need while crews are working. Don’t forget to spend time with them, the noise and presence of strangers can be stressful to pets.
- Ensure children know to stay away from the work area. Don’t leave young children unsupervised.
- Set aside an extra 20% of the budget for unexpected repairs. Termite or water damage may be uncovered, rerouting a utility line may be necessary and miscalculations can occur.
- Pack up everything in the kitchen and store it elsewhere before the remodel begins.
- Existing cabinets can be resurfaced to save money. If the cabinets are solid, you can install new doors and hardware for an entirely new appearance.
- Shop around for the best price, but don’t sacrifice quality over cost. If the best quality is a key factor in your plumbing fixtures, are you aware that your plumber can provide a higher quality product than is available in the home supply stores? While plumbers don’t sell plumbing fixtures, they do have fixtures that they install. The products that the plumbers in Arlington, Texas sell is generally the highest grade product manufactured, and is only available for plumber install.
A kitchen remodel can be less stressful by working with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s experienced plumbers in Arlington, Texas. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.