Hot Tub Repair | Plumber Fort Worth
Hot tubs provide a relaxing oasis to unwind and a therapeutic soak for sore muscles and achy backs. It is a great place to relax and soak the kinks out. When you require hot tub repair Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s professionals are always available for your hot tub and other plumbing needs requiring the services of a plumber in Fort Worth.
Typically located outside, hot tubs are heated with electricity or gas, and have jets that force out streams of air creating bubbles. They contain built in heaters and filtering systems with many options available including massage jets. Before purchasing, potential owners should be aware that hot tubs can substantially increase energy bills. Regular maintenance to ensure the tub is operating at peak performance will help to keep energy costs down and decrease the need for repair by a plumber in Fort Worth.
The Arthritis Foundation recommends a hot tub for persons with arthritis. The foundation credits the benefits of the warm buoyant water to relieving pain. When considering the many benefits of your own hot tub it is easy to see why they are so popular among homeowners.
Besides the reason of convenience, many people choose to purchase their own hot tub for the reason that public hot tubs are typically breeding grounds for germs. Even though public facilities take care to maintain the tubs cleanliness, it is not emptied and refilled each time someone uses it. As a result, the tub fills with germs which can be passed on. In addition, contact infection can result in the eyes, nose, and ears as well as in any cuts or scrapes on your body.
This is reason enough for many people to purchase their own hot tub. If you require the services of a plumber in Fort Worth for hot tub installation call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Fort Worth for superior installation services, satisfaction guaranteed.
A hot tub requires the maintenance of pH, temperature and routine cleaning to control bacteria. A shower before using it is a good practice to help control bacteria. Hot tubs give very little trouble when properly cared for and can provide pleasure for many years before requiring repairs by a plumber in Fort Worth.
Though hot tubs contain chlorine, it isn’t sufficient to sterilize the water. This is especially true for hot tubs more so than swimming pools because the hot water can make the chlorine evaporate more quickly. However, don’t add more chlorine which can over time damage the tub and pumps causing the need for repairs by a plumber in Fort Worth. Follow the manufacturer’s directions and provide the recommended amounts. Protect your tub from germs by showering before use and limit who is allowed to use it.
There are precautions you should be aware if you have a preexisting medical condition. Pregnant women should stay out of hot tubs as temperatures over 102 degrees Fahrenheit can cause the death of the fetus. Temperatures over 106 degrees Fahrenheit can cause stroke, heart attack, heat stroke, and even death in healthy adults. Persons with high blood pressure or other heart disease should keep the temperature at 100 degrees Fahrenheit or less, and limit themselves to a maximum of 15 minutes in the hot tub. A temperature above 102-104 degrees Fahrenheit is not recommended for anyone. Verify the temperature with a separate thermometer as hot tub thermostats are often incorrect.
Cover the hot tub when not in use to avoid damage from the sun. Substandard water sanitization and the over-use of disinfectant can also damage it.
The following are the most common problems and how you can attempt to address them before calling our expert plumbers in Fort Worth to provide hot tub repair for you.
- FOAM: One of the most common problems of hot tubs is foam and products that don’t belong in the tub are the number one cause. Keep hair out of the tub by tying it back to keep hair gel, hairspray, mousse and shampoo out of the water. Showering before entering the tub will eliminate body lotion and deodorant from entering the water. To prevent residual laundry detergent from entering the tub wash swim suits after without detergent or fabric softener. Use a good brand cleaner and only the recommended amount. Another cause of hot tub foam is Total Dissolved Solids. Hot tub chemicals take the foreign elements in the water such as deodorant and convert them into a substance that binds to air-jet bubbles. These give the appearance of foam and changing the water is the only solution. To prevent this issue, use the one-third rule. Use a good brand of chemicals, clean the filter often and replace a third of the water each month.
- Hot tubs require periodic water changes and water treatment. Infrequent cleaning leads to dull water and bacterial growth, while inadequate care leads to algae growth. These issues can lead to stopped up jets, clogged filters and pump damage and may require the services of a plumber in Fort Worth Other common issues with hot tubs are related to the following mechanical issues.
- WEAK JET STREAMS: Adjust jets to achieve the desired stream. To increase the flow turn counterclockwise. If this doesn’t correct the issue, purge the air from the system. Turn off the hot tub, and then turn the massage selector’s cap counterclockwise. Listen for the sound of escaping air. When it stops, the jet should be purged. If this doesn’t correct the problem the tub may have a blockage requiring a plumber in Fort Worth for repair.
- DULL WATER: Use a pH test kit to test for proper pH balance if the water appears dull as healthy water will appear clear and shiny, and test often. The pH should be between 7.2 and 7.8. Add sodium carbonate to increase the pH and sodium bisulphate to lower it. Carefully follow the directions on the package based on the size of your hot tub.
- OVERHEATING: Check the thermostat setting. Reduce the thermostat to economy setting and remove the tub cover temporarily to allow the water to cool. If the temperature continues to climb unplug it and contact a plumber in Fort Worth for hot tub repair.
- SURGING JET PUMP: If the jet pump surges on high speed raise the water level in the hot tub at least 2 inches over the filters. If this doesn’t solve the problem there may be a problem with the pump requiring repair by a qualified plumber in Fort Worth.
- REMOTE CONTROL: If the remote, jets or other options won’t work change the batteries in your remote.
- NO POWER OR COLD WATER: Ensure the hot tub is plugged in. If it is, check the breaker in the main power box. If the problem appears to be electrical unplug the tub and allow time to reset, usually 5 minutes is adequate. If gas, ensure the gas valve is in the on position. If this doesn’t correct the issue contact a certified technician to locate the problem and provide the necessary repair. If you smell gas cut gas supply off and contact a qualified plumber in Fort Worth. Check the filter, some models shut down if filter becomes clogged. Check the temperature. The thermostat may have been turned too low.
- Error codes are available on some models that help diagnose some problems. Though not every problem has a diagnostic code, you can diagnose some common problems through these codes. Check the owner’s manual for error codes and the problem indicated. If not listed give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call, we will be glad to provide your hot tub repair.
When you have a problem with your hot tub, the experts at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing will be happy to help you. Our professionals are up-to-date on the latest technologies to better serve you for all of your hot tub repair. When you need a plumber in Fort Worth call upon Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s licensed professional plumbers.