Mobile Home Water Heater | Plumbers Arlington, Texas
Mobile home plumbing can have significant differences when compared to site built homes. These differences often include the water heater. There are several factors that must be considered before purchasing a water heater to replace an existing one. If you would like for Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas to handle the selection and installation of a new mobile home water heater, we will be glad to take care of all the details, just give us a call today.
Mobile homes are required to comply with the rules of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, or H.U.D. These homes are plumbed for specific water heaters and it can be complicated to replace them. Consequently, the cost of a water heater for a mobile home is more.
Mobile home water heaters differ from conventional water heaters in the following ways:
- Mobile home water heaters are typically manufactured with interchangeable gas and propane orifices to enable the water heater to be converted from natural gas to propane gas operation. This is the primary factor behind the elevated cost.
- The cold water inlet connection of mobile home water heaters is located on the side, and the hot water outlet connection is located on top. Residential water heaters have all connections on the top of the tank
- A mobile home water heater includes a securing strap kit.
- The first step will be measuring the space available for a new water heater, and check those measurements against the optional water heaters you will be considering. In addition, you will need to measure the door frame as it may be smaller than the inside of a water heater closet. Make a note of where the water supply lines come out of the water heater and where the gas valve is located if a gas water heater. Ensure the new water heater has the same inlet and outlet options for a simplified installation, otherwise the water lines may require relocating by Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas.
- Ensure that you purchase the correct type of water heater for your mobile home.
- Mobile home water heaters will display H.U.D. safety approval. The failure to install an approved mobile home water heater may void the manufacturer’s warranty, and may result in claim denial or policy termination by your homeowner’s insurance company. It is essential to purchase a water heater replacement manufactured specifically for a mobile home.
- Determine whether the existing water heater is gas or electric. Changing from gas to electric will require hiring qualified plumbers in Arlington, Texas, the extra expense of conversion. Furthermore, the electrical service panel may not support an electric water heater. When this is the case an electric water heater installation will not be possible without the addition of an appropriate electrical circuit and breaker. This may or may not be legal, especially for a mobile home under warranty. Ensure to purchase a water heater set up for the appropriate gas type. For example, if your gas supply is natural gas, select a model for natural gas, not propane.
Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers in Arlington, Texas provide professional mobile home water heater installation. Our licensed, certified and experienced plumbers in Arlington, Texas provide a wide range of plumbing services for mobile home plumbing, commercial plumbing and residential plumbing. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.