Plumbers in Arlington, Texas – One of the largest dangers in your Fort Worth or Arlington, TX home can be a gas leak. Even in cases where you are not able to smell gas in your home, you could still have a leak. It is detrimental that all people in your home learn how to identify and help prevent gas leaks, inside and outside of your home.
On top of being deadly, gas leaks will also increase your energy costs. While large gas leaks tend to be easier to identify by smell, smaller leaks can go unnoticed for a very long time. These small leaks will add to your indoor air pollution and can make you sick in the process. Some of the symptoms experienced from gas leaks include the following:
- Memory Loss
- Respiratory Problems
- Sinus Pain
- ….And More
Gas leak symptoms are also very similar to the symptoms one would experience from carbon monoxide as well. In the event you suspect you might have a gas leak or carbon monoxide leak, please exit your home and contact professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas right away to have your home inspected. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington, TX specializes in gas leaks.
One of the best ways to help prevent a situation where you have a gas leak and catch small leaks before they become bigger ones is to have professional inspection done at least every 6 months. It is inevitable that gas lines will eventually deteriorate over time. And by scheduling professional maintenance with one of our plumbers in Arlington, Texas, you can help prevent the leaks before they occur. Below are the top five points at determining if you have a gas leak.
- Dead Vegetation – If you notice dead vegetation in your yard specifically where the gas line runs underground, then you may have a broken gas line.
- Hissing – In the event that you notice a hissing sound near your gas lines, you most likely have a gas leak. Typically, if the hissing sound is audible enough for you to hear it, it will be accompanied by an offensive sulfuric odor as leak that hisses tends to be much more substantial than just a small leak.
- Offensive Odor – Natural gas and propane companies add the sulfuric or “rotten egg” smell to gas for safety reasons. This scent is an additive that is called mercaptan that will give colorless and odorless gases a distinctive scent that is hard to overlook. In the event that you smell this near your gas lines you most likely have a leak. If the smell is within your home grab your phone and your loved ones and exit your home immediately. Leave your door open in the process of vacating your home and when you are a safe distance away use your phone to contact the Fire Department and your local plumbers in Arlington, Texas.
- Bubbles – A quick and decisive way to determine if you have a gas leak is to grab some dishwashing soap, mix it with some water, and then rub it over your gas line with a rag or sponge. If you see bubbles then you definitely have a leak and you will need to take the same safety precautions as with what was explained above with offensive odors.
- Mist or Fog – In the event that you notice mist or fog around your immediate property but not the extending area beyond it could definitely be a gas leak.
Safety Measures if You Find a Gas Leak
- If you find a gas leak in your home, gather your loved ones and leave the home immediately. When exiting your home leave your door open. Do not use your phone in your home or attempt to turn off the gas. Do not use any other appliances or electronics in your home. Leave immediately.
- If you are not sure of the source of the leak, do not try and locate it. Professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas will find and fix the leak for you.
- Do not operate any appliances, automobiles or electronics. Do not use any devices whatsoever. A small spark could ignite a massive explosion. Leave your home immediately and only then after you are a safe distance away use your phone to call your local fire department and local professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas to handle the gas leak.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Fort Worth & Arlington
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington and Fort Worth, TX is a leader in the field of plumbing services. We go to great lengths at providing top notch service for homeowners and businesses alike within the DFW area. We guarantee to meet your expectations and satisfaction by providing only the best professional plumbing services. Our plumbing technicians provide prompt, friendly service that you can rely on. You can count on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to provide you with experienced, licensed plumbers to get the job done efficiently, on time, and at affordable rates. We are a longstanding member with the Better Business Bureau and maintain a rock solid A+ rating.
If you are looking or are in need of plumbing-related services and your home or business is located within the Arlington, Fort Worth, or greater DFW area do not hesitate to reach out to us. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides a full line of plumbing services, installation, maintenance, and repair services.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbers in Arlington, Texas. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our professional, courteous and friendly plumbers in Arlington, Texas will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional plumbers in Arlington, Texas. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®