Plumbing in Arlington, Texas – A Natural gas leak in your home can be a frightening thought. Natural gas in its original state is an odorless and colorless gas. It is one of the cleanest forms of burning fossil fuel since it emits fewer emissions than other fossil fuels. When utilized correctly in equipment that will routinely have maintenance done on it then it can be a reliable and relatively safe fossil fuel to use in your home. If you need repairs for your plumbing in Arlington, Texas then give Ben Franklin Plumbing a call today.
If you’re worried about not being able to smell the gas then you need not worry. Your natural gas supplier adds an odorant to the gas before it reaches your home. The odor is akin to the smell of rotten eggs and is a warning that you have a gas line leak if you detect the smell in your home.
Keep in mind that gas line leaks are typically rare but they are dangerous. In an enclosed environment such as your home, the natural gas will accumulate and can cause suffocation, a fire, or even worse an explosion. If you have an outdoor gas leak do not play it down as less of a danger. An outdoor gas leak is just as dangerous. If you plan on doing any outside work that will require digging into your lawn and you are not sure where your natural gas line runs then you will need to get in touch with your local natural gas supplier and request that they mark the locations of the gas lines. You can also contact 811 for free service as well.
If there is a gas leak you should do the following:
- The first thing you should do if you detect the smell of a gas leak in your home is to get your loved ones out of the house as fast as possible and at a safe distance from your home. Do not attempt to use a phone in your home, strike a match, or any other form of electronics. Collect your loved ones and get out. Once you are out of the home contact 911 and your natural gas supplier. When the natural gas is turned off, then you can contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas and have one of our professional technicians come to your home and repair the gas line.
- As you leave your home leave the doors open. Do not close them.
- Do not reenter your home until your natural gas supplier, police, firefighter or any other authority figure states that it is safe to return into your home.
- Finally, contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas and schedule them to come to your home for gas line repair.
Safety Tips for Homeowners with Natural Gas Lines
- If you have a chimney make sure that you open the flue before you light the gas logs, unless you have ventless logs.
- Never ever place combustible containers or materials near appliances that use gas.
- If your stove uses gas never turn it on to heat your home or dry your clothes if your dryer is broken.
- If you have natural gas space heaters never place them directly on carpet, tile or linoleum. You will need to purchase a metal heating pad to place the heater on to ensure the safety of your home from a potential fire.
- Make sure that your rooms are vented or you leave the doors open to your bedroom if you are using a gas space heater. If a gas space heater is unvented then it will eventually fill the room with carbon monoxide. If you have not done so already install carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- When you turn on your gas appliance, you should see a blue flame. In the event that the flame is orange or yellow then you have a gas line leak and will need to get in touch with a professional plumber as soon as possible to have this repaired.
The Symptoms of Being Exposed to Gas
There are multiple symptoms when exposed to natural gas. However, the symptoms can vary from person to person. Below are common symptoms that you may experience in the event that you are exposed to natural gas poisoning:
- Shortness of Breath
Replacing a Gas Line
Over time the fittings for your gas line can and will deteriorate which will in turn result in gas leaks. As a rule of thumb professionals recommend that gas lines and their fittings are replaced every (10) ten years.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas adheres to only the highest standards within the plumbing industry, ensuring safe, professional installation, and gas line repair in Arlington and surrounding areas.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional plumbing in Arlington, Texas servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbing in Arlington, Texas. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our professional, courteous and friendly plumbing in Arlington, Texas will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional plumbing in Arlington, Texas. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®