Repiping | Plumbing Arlington
Repiping | Plumbing Arlington
Repiping your plumbing in Arlington is the replacement of the existing water supply pipes in the home’s plumbing system. Plumbing that was incorrectly installed, or composed of outdated pipe materials can develop leaks resulting in severe damage to the home, and allow mold to develop.
Your home in Arlington may need repiping when:
- The plumbing is comprised of outdated galvanized pipe, polybutylene pipes, or aged and corroded copper pipe.
- You home’s plumbing in Arlington experiences frequent leaks. Repair of leaks in outdated and worn plumbing is an ongoing battle. Repiping provides the long-term solution, and is the cost effective choice.
- Low water pressure occurs due to the buildup of rust and corrosion inside outdated galvanized pipes.
- Discolored water is commonly occurring. Discolored water is a potential sign of advanced rust and corrosion when you have galvanized pipe. Contact your water supplier and ask if they are working on a water line nearby. Municipal repairs can allow soil to enter the systems, resulting in discolored water temporarily.
- When staining occurs in sinks, tubs, or toilets. Rust and corrosion in outdated galvanized pipes can cause discolored water and staining of fixtures.
It is essential to replace polybutylene pipe (a plastic pipe in blue, black or gray), as soon as possible. Polybutylene is a pipe material discontinued due to its potential for leaks. In fact, plumbers nationwide have reported that about 80% of all calls to homes with polybutylene pipe have structural damage due to leaks. If you are not certain of the pipe type, check for a stamp. Polybutylene pipe commonly bears a stamp with “PB” and a series of numbers, with the most common being stamped “PB2110”. When your home contains polybutylene pipe, contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for assessment, and repiping of your home’s plumbing in Arlington.
Pipe Options for Repiping
With so many reliable modern options for re-piping there is a choice right for your needs and budget:
- Copper pipe remains a common pipe selected by builders and plumbers. Copper is durable and resistant to corrosion and bacteria.
- CPVC and PVC Pipes are a plastic pipe and a durable, cost effective option for pipe replacement. CPVC pipe is rated for hot water use, while PVC pipe is compatible for cold water.
- PEX pipes provide the latest plastic piping option. PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) does not require glue for connections, and is available in different colors to identify different plumbing systems during repairs. PEX piping is a cost effective option that offers superior flexibility, capable of 90-degree bends, reducing the number of required fittings, and consequently of potential leaks.
No plumbing material will last indefinitely, and when your home’s aging plumbing experience problems, do not risk extensive and costly damage from leaks. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for an estimate to replace your plumbing in Arlington. Our licensed plumbers can provide assistance in selecting the ideal pipe for your needs and your budget.
The Benefits of Repiping
Repiping improves both the safety and quality of your water. In addition, with new piping, you can have peace of mind knowing you have reliable plumbing that provides an end to leaks, and the costly repair that water damage can cause.
You can rely on a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for a first quality repipe, bringing it to current code with modern pipe materials. We back all of our work with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Our licensed plumbers provide reliable service for your plumbing in Arlington, including repiping, and water line repair in Arlington. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing serves Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.