Over time, the plumbing in your home will experience wear and tear, requiring repiping. The repiping of your home’s plumbing in Arlington refers to the process of replacing the existing water supply pipes in the plumbing system. When repiping is required, it is essential that you use a qualified, and licensed plumber to ensure a proper installation and quality materials. Hiring a plumber with expertise will ensure longer lasting plumbing for your home, and greater reliability.
Your home may need repiping when:
• Your home contains outdated pipe, corroded galvanized pipe, or polybutylene pipes. Water chemistry, the pipe material, and the quality of the installation, along with age affect the lifespan of your home’s plumbing. Home’s constructed prior to 1930 may contain lead pipe, if constructed prior to 1988 copper pipes may contain lead based solder. Lead is a dangerous, toxic substance, and children are especially vulnerable to lead. Repiping removes the hazards of lead contaminants.
• You home’s plumbing in Arlington experiences frequent leaks. A higher than normal water bill is often the first indication that you have a plumbing leak. Repiping can prevent additional damage in your home, by offering a long-term solution. Repiping is the cost effective option, especially when you consider the cost of damage, and mold remediation due to water leaks.
• Low water pressure occurs due to the buildup of rust and corrosion in galvanized pipes. In areas with hard water, mineral buildup can cause blockage and reduced water flow. However, a sudden reduction in water pressure can indicate a leak.
• You experience frequent discolored water not due to municipal repair.
• Corroded pipes can wreak havoc on your faucet components. If you are providing frequent faucet repair, contact a plumber in Arlington.
It is essential to replace corroded galvanized pipes, and polybutylene pipe (a plastic pipe in blue, black or gray), as soon as possible due to the potential for severe damage due to leaks. Contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington for repiping of your home’s plumbing in Arlington.
Pipe Materials for Repiping
With so many reliable modern options for re-piping your home, there is a choice right for your household and budget:
• Copper pipe is durable and resistant to corrosion and bacteria. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing uses the highest quality of copper pipe available.
• CPVC and PVC is plastic pipe and provides a durable, cost effective option for repiping. CPVC pipe is rated for hot water use, while PVC pipe is compatible for cold water.
• PEX pipes (cross-linked polyethylene), does not require glue for connections, and is a cost effective option that offers flexibility capable of 90-degree bends. This feature reduces the number of fittings, and consequently of potential leaks. PEX can only be used indoors.
When your home’s aging plumbing experience problems, do not risk costly damage, and mold from leaks. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for an estimate to replace your plumbing in Arlington.
The Benefits of Repiping
Repiping improves the safety and quality of your water, and the reliability of its delivery. You can count on a Benjamin Franklin plumber for a quality repipe, bringing it up to code with modern pipe materials. Furthermore, if you plan to sell your home in the near future, new plumbing that is up to code will increase your home’s value, and will provide a desirable feature with potential buyers.
Benjamin Franklin’s dedicated, licensed plumbers offer expert, and reliable plumbing services for your home’s plumbing in Arlington. These services include repiping, pipe repair, new installations, and a broad range of other plumbing services. Our professional plumbers serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.