Slab Leaks & Water Line Repair Fort Worth
Slab Leaks | Water Line Repair Fort Worth
Water or sewer line leaks can cause devastating damage to your home or business. When you are in need of water line repair in Fort Worth, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides leak detection services. Using the latest in leak detection technology, our leak detection specialists find hidden leaks under concrete slabs, asphalt, soil or any location where detection is difficult. Locating the leak, our plumbers will then provide the professional water line repair in Fort Worth that you need.
Water lines that bring water to your home, and drains that take waste water away from it, are located under the concrete in slab homes. Water lines tend to break down over the years. In slab homes, the utility lines under the slab are especially vulnerable due to soil shift. When a leak occurs, it is an extremely serious situation that requires prompt attention and water line repair in Fort Worth before further damage can occur to your home.
The following are common signs of potential slab leaks:
- Wet carpet or ruined flooring. A leak under the slab will generally work its way into your home.
- The sound of running water when all water is shut off.
- If a hot water line is leaking you may notice a hot spot on the floor.
- Unusual odors may be noted. A water leak can cause mold and mildew, and the odors associated with them, including a musty odor. If the leak occurs in a sewer line you may smell raw sewage.
- A water leak under the slab may cause saturated walls where mold may occur. Mold can cause serious health concerns, especially in occupants already suffering from illness and allergy problems. Cracked or soggy drywall is a sign of a slab leak.
- A slab leak can cause damage to the home’s foundation, and may result in the foundation sinking or cracking.
- A broken sewer line can cause drains and toilets to back up.
- Elevated electric or water bill when the leak involves a hot water line.
In the past, slab leaks required the concrete being torn out until the leak was located. Today’s leak detection technology makes this unnecessary. It is possible the concrete may not require being disturbed at all by using pipe in pipe technology, epoxy lining or other modern technology repairs. With modern leak detection, if the slab must be disturbed, it will be only a small area directly over the leak.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides prompt, professional services for water line repair in Fort Worth. We provide state-of-the-art leak detection services for accurate pinpointing of leaks, and professional slab leak repair. For service you can trust, give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call. We service the Fort Worth and Arlington regions. We are a member of the BBB and stand behind our work with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.