Water Heaters | Tankless Water Heaters Fort Worth
Homeowners today are increasingly purchasing energy efficient appliances when replacement is required. The tankless water heater provides an alternative to conventional water heater replacement. The tankless water heater only provides hot water when a hot water tap is opened. This reduces the standby energy losses experienced with conventional water heaters. Benjamin Franklin’s hot water heater specialists install, repair and provide maintenance of tankless water heaters in Fort Worth.
How it Works
When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water travels through a pipe into the tankless water heater. A gas-fired tankless Water Heater uses a gas burner to heat the water, while an electric tankless model utilizes an electric element. Tankless Water Heaters will typically produce a flow rate of 2-5 gallons per minute, with gas models producing a higher flow rate than electric models.
Gas tankless water heaters can be up to 40% more energy efficient than conventional tank water heaters for homes that use 41 gallons or less of hot water each day.
Who Can Benefit
Households that use a large amount of hot water may need to install a larger model, or additional tankless water heaters in Fort Worth to meet the home’s hot water demand. A Benjamin Franklin plumber can assist you in ensuring you receive sufficient hot water for your household when considering a tankless water heater in Fort Worth.
Point of Use Tankless Water Heaters
Point of use tankless water heaters provides a solution for hot water required only in a single location, as well as for those locations that would otherwise require long pipe runs and the resulting heat loss:
- Outdoor kitchens
- Public or employee restrooms where the only hot water outlet is a lavatory
- Employee lunch rooms
- Pool houses
- Remote bathrooms, Jacuzzi or hot tubs
- As a booster for solar water heating systems
- Workshops and garages
- Potting sheds
- Guest houses
Installation and Maintenance
There are a number of considerations in the installation of tankless water heaters in Fort Worth. These factors include household usage of hot water, power and/or gas supply, gas pressure and gas ventilation for example. Due to the complexity of these factors a tankless water heater installation should only be provided by a licensed plumber.
Like any other water heater, tankless models require annual maintenance. Routine maintenance includes the cleaning of the screens present on some models, and the removal of hard water deposits annually by a qualified plumber. Hard water deposits and scale can adversely affect the tankless water heaters performance and longevity. The appliances owner’s manual is the best source for information regarding the particular maintenance required for tankless water heaters in Fort Worth.
- Tankless water heaters provide the additional advantage of taking up less space than a conventional water heater. This allows the homeowner to use the valuable floor space for something else.
- Lasts an average of 20 years under normal conditions and with appropriate maintenance. With the availability of parts this may be extended even further depending upon the model.
- Eliminates the threat of a leaking tank and potentially catastrophic damage to your home and its foundation.
While the tankless water heater will cost more initially than a standard grade conventional water heater, it lasts on average twice as long. When compared to the more energy efficient conventional water heaters, the difference in cost narrows. However, the energy efficiency of tankless water heaters in Fort Worth will exceed any current conventional water heater.
Like any other mechanical product the tankless water heater will eventually require repair. The tankless water heaters extended longevity and reliability is one of the reasons for its popularity. When problems occur Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers tankless water heater repair.
- Mineral Deposits-More than 85% of the United States have hard water. While safe to drink, hard water is harmful to plumbing, including the tankless hot water heater. Mineral deposits can negatively impact the performance and efficiency of your tankless water heater. An annual professional cleaning by a plumber will prevent damaging corrosion and maintain performance.
- Overload-The tankless hot water heater should be sized to provide for your household’s hot water needs and to prevent overload. If the tankless water heater shuts down when hot water is used at two different sources overload is occurring. A Benjamin Franklin licensed plumber can advise you of your options for providing adequate hot water for your home.
- Poor Maintenance-All hot water heaters require annual maintenance and the tankless is no different. If you live in a hard water area, and your tankless water heater lacks a descaler, annual maintenance will protect your investment, ensuring it will continue to provide energy efficient service for many years to come.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing installs tankless water heaters in Fort Worth. For the professional installation of tankless water heaters in Fort Worth, repair and installation of conventional water heaters and other plumbing services call today. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas.