Tankless Water Heater Installation Fort Worth
Tankless Water Heater Installation |Tankless Water Heaters Fort Worth
Today’s homeowners are increasingly interested in energy efficient homes and appliances. Among the most desired are energy efficient water heaters. This is perfectly logical in consideration of the fact that water heaters can account for as much as 30% of a home’s energy use. It is for this reason, that a growing number of homeowners are expressing an interest in a tankless water heater installation, which is also called an on-demand water heater. We have put together this overview of advantages and disadvantages tankless water heaters in Fort Worth.
Tankless Water Heater Advantages
- Tankless water heaters operate only when the hot water tap is turned on. This eliminates the heating of water in a conventional tank styled water heater, reducing the cost of hot water production by up to 35% annually.
- A properly sized and correctly used tankless water heater in Fort Worth provides hot water as it is needed, you don’t have to worry that the hot water in a storage tank will be depleted, leaving you with a cold shower.
- The compact size of a tankless water heater uses less space, enabling you to use valuable floor space for other purposes.
- With proper maintenance, the tankless water heater has a longer service life than conventional water heaters. You can expect an average life expectancy of 20 years under normal conditions using treated water, and in some models the availability of parts can extend this even further.
- Though the tankless water heater will cost more initially than a standard water heater, it will soon repay the initial investment in energy savings and a longer time in service.
- The point of use tankless hot water heater enable the homeowner to provide hot water in remote locations that take an excessive amount of time for hot water to reach the tap. Remote locations use a lot of water in long pipe runs, and leave wasted hot water in the pipes when the tap is shut off. This wastes both water and energy. A point of use tankless water heater in Fort Worth will eliminate the waste, and is also an option for outdoor kitchens, garages, outdoor hot tubs and other locations remote from the main water heater of conventional or tankless style water heaters.
Both conventional and tankless model water heaters require the maintenance of annual flushing related to hard water. A tankless model may require annual descaling dependent upon the local water content of minerals resulting in build-up. Hard water and mineral build-up can affect the service life of any plumbing fixture. This fact emphasizes the importance of annual plumbing maintenance to provide peak performance and the longest possible service life of all water heaters.
Tankless Water Heater Disadvantages
- The initial investment is the largest disadvantage of a tankless water heater. When you consider the potential rebates and tax credits by buying an Energy Star approved tankless water heater, the initial cost can be reduced. Added to the savings on energy costs, reliability and longevity, this disadvantage doesn’t take long to become pure energy savings.
- The cost of installation can be a disadvantage, especially if you do not already have a gas service in the location of installation.
- While even a conventional tank styled water heater has to be accurately sized for your household’s estimated hot water use, it is especially important for a tankless water heater. Numerous factors must be considered when considering a tankless water heater in Fort Worth. Some examples include the size of the household, the number of taps and if more than one occupant will shower at the same time. The importance of installing an appropriately sized tankless water heater emphasizes the need for a qualified plumber with the expertise to assure a correct assessment, providing the best water heater to meet the needs of the household.
Benjamin Franklin plumbers are water heater specialists with the expertise to ensure an accurate assessment of your households requirements in hot water.
For the households that can benefit from tankless water heaters in Fort Worth, it is apparent that the benefits of tankless water heaters in Fort Worth outweigh the disadvantages. For tankless water heater installation, repair or service, give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call. Thanks for visiting Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
Photo Credit: Flickr User scottbb