Tankless water heaters in Fort Worth TX have been around for a quite awhile now but there has been a sudden increase in demand for such heaters as many people have started realizing the true beauty of these water heaters. Essentially, a tankless heater is an instantaneous water heater that produces hot water only when required. Unlike traditional water heaters they do not store water in a tank and continuously heat the water present in the tank using a heating element.
A tankless water heater operates directly without any tank, when a hot water tap is turned on the main water source directs the water towards a mechanical unit. This unit uses either an electric element or a gas burner to heat the water, which provides a continuous flow of hot water. So now thanks to these tankless water heaters, people in Fort Worth TX no longer have to wait for the heaters tank to fill up before taking a shower and neither do people have to deal with the torture of running out of hot water.
A generic tankless water heater in Fort Worth TX provides a continuous flow of hot water at a rate of 3-5 gallons per minute. They can easily integrate with any plumbing system and are available in a variety of models. Every home owner has an array of options to choose from and can easily purchase a model that best suits their household’s requirements.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters in Fort Worth TX
The following are the most profound benefits of water heaters and should be taken into perspective by every home owner who is dealing with water heater issues.
- Tankless water heaters in Fort Worth TX have the capacity to conserve 34% more energy than traditional water heaters
- These heaters provide a continuous flow of hot water no matter how big the household is
- Tankless water heaters can avoid the unnecessary cost of stand by heating as they do not store hot water
- The cost of operating pilot lights are substantially less compared to traditional water heaters
- Can easily integrate with any existing plumbing system without the requirement of a piping overhaul
- Multiple tankless heaters can be integrated with a single plumbing system
- Can easily be installed without the requirement of heavy machinery
- Tankless water heaters have an average life span of 20-30 years
- Many different parts are easily available that can increase the life span of these water heaters
- Lower operational costs compared to traditional water heaters
- Ideal for compact spaces
Disadvantages Of Tankless Water Heaters in Fort Worth TX
Although there are many apparent advantages of tankless water heaters, there are some drawbacks that should be taken into perspective by every home owner. These drawbacks are mentioned below,
- Price of unit will be more expensive compared to traditional water heaters
- Price if installation will be higher compared to traditional water heaters
- Can reduce the pressure of hot water
- One unit might not suffice for large households that burn through hot water
- Before supplying hot water the unit will first clear the cold water from the piping system
- Maintenance costs are higher than standard water heaters
- If unit is present at one end of the house, then other end will receive hot water after some time
- Some units are not instantaneous
- Will require the help of a professional to install and maintain
Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Purchasing A Tankless Water Heater
Purchasing a tankless water heater might be the solution to every home owner’s water heater problems, but it should not be done lightly. Since many people have just started considering purchasing a tankless water heater to replace their current water heater, the often purchase the first unit that they come across. This puts them at a certain disadvantage as there many different factors that should be taken into perspective when buying a tankless water heater. Some questions you should ask yourself to ensure you choose the most effective water heater are highlighted below,
- The size of the water heater
Traditionally water heaters take a lot of space and most piping systems are laid down according to the specifications of the water heater. If you end up purchasing a small unit then there will be an added cost of increasing the pipe lines and if you purchase a larger unit it might not effectively integrate with the system. First analyze your previous heater and take into consideration its specifications, contact a plumber for more help if required.
- Requirement of hot water
Another factor that you should take into consideration is the amount of hot water required in your household. If you have a large family and a large house hold then a more powerful tankless water heater will be required. People often end up buying units that do have the capacity to bear the hot water requirement and are forced to purchase another unit to ensure that the whole house has hot water. We would recommend that you analyze how much time it takes for your current water heater to burn through the tank and then purchase a unit that can match this production rate.
- Energy efficiency
The underlining reason behind the increase in demand for tankless water heaters is the fact that they are energy efficient. But the efficiency level of each unit varies., it is recommended that before you purchase a unit check the manufactures website. This will help you gain insight on which unit will be the most energy efficient.
Another factor you should take into perspective before investing in a tankless water heater is the annual operating costs of the unit. Since there are so many different models out there, we would recommend choosing at least three units that encompass your budget. Visit all three manufactures website to compare their annual operation costs to ensure that you choose the most cost effective unit in the market.
For every homeowner who is tired of their traditional water heaters, consider purchasing a tankless water heater in Fort Worth TX as a solution to all of their problems. Contact us today.