Repiping | Water Line Repair Fort Worth
Running water is not only a hallmark of the modern home, it also provides the foundation of numerous everyday tasks, from cooking, to showering and many other activities indoors and out. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s experienced plumbers can ensure that all of your repiping and other plumbing needs are met to ensure your household routines are uninterrupted. If you need water line repair in Fort Worth, contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber.
Whether you need water line repair in Fort Worth, water line installation or replacement, our plumbers will get the job done in a timely and efficient manner. Leaky water lines can result in serious damage to your home and its foundation. A leak should receive water line repair in Fort Worth promptly to avoid potentially costly repair. Our plumbers arrive on time, provide a professional job and clean up after themselves.
High Water Bills
If your water bill is running unusually high without reason, you may have a water leak in the plumbing system. A simple test for a leak is the water meter test:
Water Meter Test
- Ensure all appliances and taps are not running in the home. This includes shutting off the ice maker, dishwasher, clothes washer and providing the test when family members are away. This ensures a toilet will not be flushed or that other use of water will occur.
- Locate the water meter and look for the readout. This indicates the amount of water used. Look for a dial spinning. If this is the case it indicates you have a leak in your plumbing system. Otherwise, write the readout down and recheck in 1 hour, if the numbers have changed you have a leak.
- When the water meter test indicates you have a leak, locate the main shutoff valve and close it gently. This is often located near an outside wall in the basement, or near the home’s foundation on the exterior. Be careful when you open and close this valve, do so slowly. It may not have been operated for years and may break, releasing a high pressure stream of water. In the event this occurs the water can be turned off at the meter. Turning off the main shut off valve will stop all water from entering the home and should stop any movement on the water meter. This will shut off all water flow into the home.
- If the water meter dial is still moving, check inside the home for water. If water is still flowing to the home’s taps, the shut off valve is broken. If water is not flowing in the home, there is a leak between the shut off valve and the meter. Contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber for water line repair in Fort Worth. In case of an emergency, you would have to shut the water off at the water meter until the shut off valve was replaced.
Leaks in plumbing systems cost homeowners millions of dollars every year. The repair of plumbing leaks is a sure way to save money and the precious resource of water.
The decision between replacement and water line repair in Fort Worth will depend upon a number of factors, including the age, type and condition of the existing pipe and other factors.
Signs of a Water Line Leak
When a water leak occurs, it may not be as obvious as water bubbling up from the ground. Any of the following signs may indicate an outdoor water leak and the need for water line repair in Fort Worth.
- An unusually high water bill.
- Low water pressure in all taps.
- Water pooling on the lawn. However, if water has a sewer odor you have a sewer line leak.
- Green, lush grass over and around the water main location.
- Discolored water due to soil entering a leaking water main.
- A lack of water at all taps. If all taps are not affected, the problem will be located in the supply line of the affected tap. Ensure the supplier has not shut the water off for municipal repair before calling a plumber.
- Water bubbling up or spraying from the ground.
Water Line Replacement
Your Benjamin Franklin plumber may recommend water line replacement, rather than water line repair in Fort Worth. The reasons for this can include:
- Outdated piping with frequent leaks, corrosion and/or deterioration. Pipes constructed of outdated materials or those past their prime with frequent leaks should be replaced to prevent potentially devastating damage to the home’s structure and its foundation.
- Water line damage from tree roots, or broken and collapsed water line. The best means of prevention is to avoid planting trees or shrubs within 50 ft. of water or sewer lines.
When you hire Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for water line repair in Fort Worth for repiping or other plumbing services, you are assured of receiving a plumber with expertise. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.