Water Main | Water Line Repair Fort Worth
The water main is an essential component of any plumbing system, as it is the conduit for which water reaches your home or business from the water meter. When a problem occurs in the water main, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s water line repair in Fort Worth will ensure a prompt and professional repair.
Signs of Water Main Problems
When a water leak occurs, it is not always as obvious as a pool of water, or water bubbling up from the ground. The signs may be inconspicuous, leaving you uncertain as to whether you even have a problem.
Any of the following signs can potentially indicate a water leak and the need for water line repair in Fort Worth.
- An unexplained elevated water bill.
- Low water pressure present in all taps.
- Water pooling on the lawn.
- Green, lush grass over and around the water main location, or downhill from it.
- Discolored water, which may be due to soil entering a leaking water main.
- A lack of water at all taps can indicate a burst water main. If all taps are not affected the problem will lie within the homes water supply lines and not the water main. Ensure the supplier has not shut the water off of the municipal water system for repair before calling a plumber.
- Water bubbling up or spraying from the ground over or near the water main.
A loss of water pressure is a common sign, though low water pressure can be due to other causes. Pools of water on the lawn are a more or less certain indication of a water line leak, though if it has a bad odor, it is more likely to be the sewer line.
Water Line Replacement
All plumbing will eventually wear out. Age, corrosion and deterioration are common reasons for water line replacement, rather than water line repair in Fort Worth. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers trenchless technology to ensure that your water line repair in Fort Worth or replacement, is provided efficiently with little or no disturbance to your lawn and landscaping.
When leaks occur, they can sometimes be difficult to locate. It isn’t unusual for homeowner’s to be unaware of a leak until an unusually high water bill arrives.
If you suspect a water leak in your home, call the professionals of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for leak detection services. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s professional plumbers have the experience and extensive training in leak detection to locate and repair water leaks. Our expertise includes locating underground and hidden water leaks.
Benjamin Franklin’s plumbers are licensed and highly trained individuals with the expertise to ensure the work provided meets or exceeds the industry’s practice and codes. The repairs our plumbers provide is backed by Benjamin Franklin’s 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Water Line Replacement
The plumber may recommend water line replacement, rather than water line repair in Fort Worth. The reasons for this may include:
- Outdated pipe with frequent leaks, corrosion and/or deterioration. Pipes constructed of outdated materials or those past their prime with frequent leaks should be replaced.
- Water line damaged from tree roots, or broken and collapsed water line. Tree roots can invade water and sewer lines in their search for water, resulting in blockage and broken pipes. The best means of prevention is to avoid planting trees or shrubs within 50 ft. of water or sewer lines.
The decision between replacement and water line repair in Fort Worth will depend upon a number of factors, including the age, type and condition of the existing pipe and other factors.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s plumbers utilize the latest plumbing technology to assist in the location of leaks in the water main. Our plumbing professionals provide the highest standards in the industry for water line repair in Fort Worth, water line replacement and other plumbing services. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.