Water Softener | Plumber Fort Worth
It is difficult to escape hard water when it is present in 85% of the nation’s water supply. Hard water contains a high mineral content that dulls laundry, dries skin and hair, spots dishes, creates a white residue in cookware, clogs water pipes, and shortens the lifespan of water using appliances such as dishwashers and the water heater. For water softener installation, contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth for expert service.
A water softener can prevent all of these problems, maintaining the efficiency and performance of appliances, providing softer skin and hair, protecting your water pipes and helping to maintain the bright whites and colors of your clothing and linens.
Hard water causes buildup and scaling on appliances, making them less efficient. Water heaters are especially affected, with hard water reducing efficiency by nearly 50 percent. Water softener installation will stop the assault on your water heater and other water using appliances.
Cleans Better and Cost Less
Hard water reduces the ability of soaps to suds, requiring you to use more soap and shampoo to get yourself clean.
Water softener installation cuts the need for soaping and shampooing in half, and reduces soap scum in the shower and tub. Your skin will be less dry, and hair will be softer, have more shine, and greater body. Of course, by using less soap, shampoo, and even detergent for your laundry, you will save money.
A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth is available to provide water softener installation, and or repair. Our licensed plumbers provide the highest quality service and repair.
Water Filtration is Ineffective Against Dissolved Minerals
Water filtration is effective against a large number of contaminants, reverse osmosis provides even greater water filtration, and while both can remove solid particles of minerals, neither is effective against the dissolved minerals in hard water. Only a water softener can capture the dissolved minerals plaguing your home. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can provide the professional water softener installation that you need.
The Benefits of a Water Softener
The minerals in hard water can accumulate in the home’s water supply pipes, and water using appliances. The smaller water supply lines are especially vulnerable, such as those supplying your toilet, for example. After some time, water lines become constricted due to mineral build-up and you find yourself in the situation of a toilet whose tank will not fill up, or does so slower than is normal. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can take care of this problem for you, but only a water softener can prevent it.
The water heater is commonly affected by hard water, which results in a reduced lifespan and poor efficiency due to the accumulation of minerals in the bottom of the tank, and in a tankless water heater. In a conventional water heater, after a point you hear a popping sound. This is due to mineral build-up in the tank.
While routine flushing of the tank style of water heater, will extend the water heater service life, over time the elements in an electric water heater will suffer from the minerals and require water heater repair in Fort Worth. Not even the tankless water heater is immune, though the effects of hard water are less in the tankless. The tankless does not store hot water, resulting in most of the minerals being flushed with each use. However, some remains will cling, and this is the reason for the cleaning of the tankless. Some manufacturers recommend cleaning with vinegar in a specified manner, while others recommend a professional cleaning by a plumber for the greatest benefit to your tankless water heater. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can provide a professional tankless water heater cleaning for you.
The installation of a water softener offers the following:
- A water softener prevents the spotting of glasses and dishes in the dishwasher.
- Laundry is cleaner, softer, brighter, and lasts longer without becoming dingy.
- In the shower, softened water provides softer, shinier, and cleaner hair, along with less drying of the skin. Furthermore, less soap and shampoo are needed, saving you money.
- Hard water can reduce the lifespan of the water heater by over a third, and increases the need for maintenance and repairs by a plumber in Fort Worth. A water softener will extend appliance lifespan, while reducing the damage from hard water.
- A water softener prevents the build-up of minerals in the home’s plumbing in Fort Worth that results in low water pressure. In addition, hard water blocks the toilet ports, resulting in a poor flush. A water softener will stop these issues.
- The white residue that develops on a glass shower door is the accumulation of minerals in hard water, as well as soap scum. A water softener can stop mineral build-up on shower doors, showerheads, faucets, and other fixtures, while reducing soap scum in tubs, and showers.
- A water softener improves the ability of home cleaning products to clean and perform as intended.
When a water softener is combined with water filtration, it is called a water conditioning system. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can provide the professional installation you need to ensure the best water available.
Contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to schedule the installation of a water softener, water filtration or other plumbing service. A Benjamin Franklin professional plumber in Fort Worth can provide the expert plumbing repair, installation and service of residential and commercial plumbing in Fort Worth. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth provides the expertise you need to ensure quality plumbing. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington, and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.