Fort Worth Plumber – Maintain Clean Pipes
Looking for a Fort Worth plumber? Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas is the leading premier plumbing company in the DFW area. Our professional Fort Worth plumbers have the expertise and know-how to get the job done. When you hire Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for your next plumbing needs you can rest assured knowing you are receiving the best service in the metropolitan DFW area.
Maintaining Clean Pipes
If you are looking for the perfect solution to prevent slow or clogged drains, it is to be extremely careful with what you put in them. It is as simple as that. Cooking oil, grease, coffee grounds, hair and soap scum are five of the largest enemies to causing clogged drains that will require the professional services of a Fort Worth plumber. In your quest to keep clean and healthy drains and prevent the need of hiring a Fort Worth plumber you should do whatever you can to avoid introducing any of these items into the drains and below is tips on just how to do so.
1. Do not ever pour used cooking oil / grease down the drain, instead pour the old oil into a coffee can or let it cool and place in a plastic container or similar container. Once the container is full, dispose of it in the trash.
2. Toss used coffee grounds into the garbage or if you have plants you can add them to your compost or add them to your mulch pile.
3. If you do not already have a screen or drain-grate installed, purchase one or more and place in every drain opening to minimize the introduction of hair and soap scum into your plumbing. You can find these at pretty much any local home improvement store. Make sure to measure the diameter of your current drain to find the appropriate size for yours. Installation should be a breeze as most screens or drain-grates are simply laid in place.
4. After using the sink, let hot water run for a little bit after each use. This will help flush any small particulates of oil and other food particles completely through the pipes, rather than having them build up within the pipes.
5. Every now and then toss a handful of baking soda into your drains and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then chase 1 cup of white vinegar down the drain and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. Finally flush the drain with hot water for a few minutes. The combination of baking soda and vinegar is a great cleansing agent and will also help break up any particles or residue that has become attached to the inner walls of your plumbing.
6. Homes that have garbage disposals can do this method: Fill up an ice-cube tray half way full with white vinegar and then top it off with water. Vinegar by itself will not freeze that well and you will need to make sure to mark the tray clearly so that you and other unsuspecting loved ones do not accidentally use the vinegar cubes in your drink. Once the cubes are frozen you will toss them into the garbage disposal and turn it on. The white vinegar is a form of mild acid that will assist in cleaning the garbage disposal and the drain. Since it is in ice form it will also help cleanse the walls as the ice churns around scraping the walls. Instead of vinegar you can also use lemon juice.
Regular cleaning your drains will assist in the prevention of clogs and possibly all together preventing the need for unnecessary calls to a local Fort Worth plumber. If you would like to keep your drains running freely and in good condition follow the guidelines above and never introduce grease, oils, hair, food particles or other particulates into your drains.
If you have a regular problem with clogs in your drains to begin with you could try the method above with baking soda and vinegar but instead of leaving it in for a few minutes try leaving it in overnight. If this does not help then you will need to get in touch with a local Fort Worth plumber for assistance.
Like anything keeping your drains clean requires due diligence and repetition. If you have trouble remembering try marking on your calendar every month when you should clean your drains to help you remember to do so. By following these tips you can expect to have your pipes last a very long time and perhaps never have to experience a stubborn clog that will require the services of a professional Fort Worth plumber to help.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, TX has professional Fort Worth plumbers servicing Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our experienced, courteous and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Arlington but surrounding areas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber that you can count on for plumbing repairs, maintenance and / or installation then you can count on us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leader in the field for plumbing related repairs. We are also one of the most trusted plumbing service brands in the industry with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbing services in the area. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our stone solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to contact us today. One of our professional, courteous and friendly plumbers will be more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the plumbing related problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Arlington, Texas a call today if you are looking for a professional Fort Worth plumber. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay®