According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, plumbing entails the installation of pipes, fixtures, and appliances. Plumbers use diverse practices to install water supply units, storm drainage, sewers, and venting systems. They ensure the systems are working smoothly and optimally through proper installation services.
The plumbing experts connect numerous fixtures and faucets that aid in adequate water supply and wastewater elimination. The proper installation process requires the expertise of plumbers for accurate installation.
The project also has multiple benefits to homeowners, such as prolonging the life of their plumbing fixtures and pipes and home value addition. Failure to install the plumbing units correctly exposes your home to water-related issues. Before discussing the importance of correct plumbing installation, let’s first analyze what proper installation entails.
What Is Accurate Plumbing Installation?
This is a process that ensures your plumbing units are correctly and securely connected to supply clean water in your faucets and fixtures and seamless wastewater elimination. Properly installing your plumbing appliances and other systems entails planning and selecting materials.
Plumbers strategically plan the entire project by laying out the system, from water lines, fixtures, drains, sinks, and other units. The professionals also measure your residential property to understand the length of pipes required and the type of system to install.
They use their knowledge and skills to choose the correct connection techniques for the best results. Plus, the plumbers from a renowned plumbing company comply with the set National Standard Plumbing Code that empowers them to install the systems properly.
At the end of the process, your plumbing should allow the free flow of water from the source to the sewer system hassle-free. For the best results, the plumbers should have experience, specialized or advanced tools, and knowledge of the plumbing codes for the installation.
Read on to understand why the correct installation of plumbing, venting, and drainage systems in homes is vital.
Prolongs The Life Of Plumbing Systems
The first significance of investing in the accurate installation of plumbing fixtures, faucets, and fittings, is increasing the longevity of the systems.
Your plumbing appliances and pipes can last the longest if they work at peak performance throughout their lifespan. Proper connection of your drain, water, gas, and sewer lines can extend the life of the system due to the following:
- Efficient and smooth water flow in the pipes curbs the risk of pipe damage.
- A lower probability of leaks reduces the frequency of repairs, which prolongs the life of the systems.
- Complying with plumbing codes encourages proper installation of fixtures, fittings, pipes, and faucets for increased safety and longevity.
- Installing water, drain, and sewer lines that perfectly match the sinks, tubs, and showers promotes optimal performance, reducing damages, which makes the system last the longest.
It is wise to research and get the best installation of your fixtures from a reliable plumbing company to improve their efficiency. When the plumbing system performs at its peak, it has lower chances of issues, which shorten a system’s lifespan.
Prevents Water Leaks
Proper installation is also crucial in curbing the most common plumbing issue, leakages. Installing plumbing fixtures such as pipes, sinks, tubs, and sinks poorly leads to several adverse woes. Plumbers with limited experience and skills are the culprits of making incorrect installations.
People who perform DIY mounting of plumbing systems can also do a shoddy job. They can connect the wrong parts or use the wrong-sized fittings that allow water to ooze out of the system with time. Water leakages can result from poorly installed systems. Accurate installation can significantly lower the risk of water leaks in the following ways.
- Qualified plumbers use the best piping materials in the market, such as PVC, ABS, PEX, and copper. They are resistant to rust and handle high water pressure. Others can tolerate both cold and hot water temperatures.
- Using quality pipe fittings and connectors that last the longest. The professionals from a reputable plumbing company can use durable and corrosion-free fittings such as elbow, reducer, and flange.
- Accurate alignment of the pipes can reduce water leaks because it facilitates the smooth and free flow of clean water to faucets and wastewater to the sewer systems.
- Tightening all connections in the plumbing system using the correct fittings and connectors lessens the chances of water leakages.
- Plumbers apply the hydrostatic pressure testing technique to test the strength of the drain, sewer, and water lines. It determines if the pipes will last long or will require replacement soon.
Curbs The Possibility Of Water Damage
Poor plumbing installation, which leads to water leaks, can also cause water damage in your home. Persistent water leakages that are not easy to detect can expose your valuables and property to water damage.
If you are not the keen type, pipes installed in your foundations, walls, or underground can leak for a long time without you noticing. You might see the signs, such as damp carpets or musty smells, when the problem is already severe.
Hidden or visible and small or outpouring leaks require prompt repairs to save your home from water damage. Water leaks create an atmosphere for mold to grow and thrive, spreading to other parts of your bathroom and kitchen. When a plumber from a reputable plumbing company accurately installs your plumbing systems, water damage will be at bay because:
- Water leaks are no longer a concern because of using quality materials and tightly connecting the pipes at the joints.
- Waste or surplus water will move smoothly through the drains due to the accurate alignment of correctly-sized drains and sewer pipes.
- The plumbing experts ensure the drain pipes slop nicely and the correct installation of air vents to facilitate wastewater draining.
- The professionals install water pressure regulators and other vital valves to regulate water pressure to prevent wear and tear and bursting pipe issues.
- Backflow preventers will be in place to stop potential wastewater backups and overflowing sinks, toilets, or tubs, from causing gross water damage.
- Plumbers properly insulate pipes during winter to protect them from freezing, which is one of the primary causes of burst pipelines.
Accurate installation of plumbing pipes and appliances in homes guarantees clean water supply from municipal or other water sources to your home. High-quality materials such as pipes, fixtures, and fittings installed in your household protect your water from contaminants.
The well-installed systems by pros from a reliable plumbing company prevent plumbing problems, such as leaks, burst pipes, and clogs that contaminate your drinking water. Below are some ways proper installation of plumbing systems promotes health.
- Properly installed pipes and faucets provide clean and safe water for cooking and drinking. Water without contaminants, including viruses, micro-organisms, bacteria, and chemicals, improves your health immensely.
- They reduce mold growth. Molds are inevitable in homes that experience frequent water leaks. They have spores that spread to other wet parts of your house, which can lead to an extensive infestation with time. These mold spores can cause allergic reactions and adverse health issues in your family. Properly installed plumbing systems prevent mold growth and symptoms that come from musty smells. The poor indoor air quality due to mold can cause asthma attacks triggered by dust and musty smells.
- Encourage hygiene practices: properly installed plumbing systems facilitate access to clean water for cleaning, washing hands, and flushing to stop the spread of disease-causing germs.
- Accurately installed plumbing systems also promote hygiene by smoothly eliminating wastewater through drains and human waste from toilets. The safe and efficient wastewater removal in your house eliminates disease-causing elements.
- In addition, properly working drains have lower chances of clogs and other plumbing issues, which can cause standing and slow drains.
Maintains The Structural Integrity Of Your Home
Getting experienced and skilled plumbers to install your plumbing correctly is vital in preserving the structural integrity of your home. Poorly installed pipes and other plumbing units by a crew from an unrecognized plumbing company are the reason behind water leakages. Undetected water leaks lead to water damage, which is the cause of mold growth, rotting of cabinets, and other issues.
The prolonged moisture on walls, wooden floors, foundations, and cabinets can promote rotting in some parts. Luckily, the problem is preventable in diverse ways, including installing pipes, drainage, vents, and plumbing fixtures. The impact of accurately installed plumbing systems on your home’s structural integrity includes:
- Reduced possibility of water damage. Well-installed pipes and fixtures can eliminate water leaks and backups that lead to rot, mildew, or mold growth. The moisture that stems from leakages can make affected wood cabinets, furniture, floors, and walls weaken as they rot away.
- Correctly installed pipes are not misaligned. Misalignment of water, drain, and sewer lines can lead to clogs and leak-related issues in your home. They can cause backups of sewage and wastewater and extensive infestation of molds, which structurally damage affected parts and things of your house. Ensuring proper alignment of pipes during installation can stop most plumbing issues.
- Installing pipes and fixtures in the right location can also maintain the structural integrity of your house. Poorly installing plumbing pipes and fixtures close to walls can lead to bursts or cracked lines due to vibrations over time.
Reduces Water Wastage
Properly installed plumbing pipes and fixtures by experts from a trustworthy plumbing company can also prevent water wastage in homes. The highly efficient water lines of high quality cannot break or crack easily with exposure to heat, ice, or corrosive elements. This reduces water leaks, which are the primary cause of high water bills.
The Environmental Protection Agency cites that households in the country can waste up to 1 trillion gallons of water in a year due to leaks. The alarmingly high level of water wastage in the country requires mitigation measures. Accurately installed plumbing systems are efficient in:
- Preventing water leaks, which lead to loss of a lot of water in the long run. The leaking water also increases water bills, a major concern for most homeowners. When a plumber accurately installs the system, your well-connected appliances and water lines rarely break, crack, or have pinholes, stopping leakages.
- Plumbers can also recommend water-efficient toilets, sinks, and showers for correct installation to reduce water consumption in a household.
Adds Value To Homes
Residential properties with perfectly installed plumbing systems tend to attract buyers faster than the ones with poorly installed units. Accurate installation of plumbing fixtures and pipes by a nearby plumbing company’s professionals adds value to homes when:
- They function seamlessly and efficiently. Correctly installed systems, from water supply to the septic and sewer units, ensure sufficient water supply and allows wastewater to freely move out of your house, leaving it clean and odorless.
- Beautifully and perfectly installed plumbing fixtures enhance the curb appeal of your interior space. The aesthetic fixtures and plumbing appliances can attract tenants or potential clients.
- They enhance energy efficiency in homes. Fixtures such as water heaters, water filtration systems, and garbage disposals well installed in your home can reduce energy consumption. Poor installation of units makes them struggle, increasing your bills. So, accurately installed plumbing can add energy efficiency to homes.
Call Us To Schedule An Appointment!
For the best plumbing services and compliance with codes and standards, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth. We are a family-owned and operated plumbing company offering numerous plumbing services such as installation, drain cleaning, and repairs.
Our professional technicians provide effective and efficient solutions that address all your residential or commercial needs.
The correct plumbing installation process is significant in homes because of its benefits. It ensures the efficiency of all the systems that facilitate water supply and wastewater removal.
Properly installed plumbing fixtures and pipes can extend the life of your water supply units and drainage, enhancing convenience and increasing energy efficiency. The most crucial aspect of correctly installed plumbing appliances, fixtures, and faucets is the reduced water wastage that results from leaks.
The process also prevents clogs through the proper alignment of pipes. It also requires the expertise of professionals to ensure top-notch functionality of each unit, including pipes, sinks, toilets, showers, and drains.
See our most recent blog on this topic here.
Photo By Volodymyr TVERDOKHLIB at Shutterstock
How a Plumbing Service Can Help with Drainage Issues
Drainage issues are not uncommon, but they are a problem. If water and waste products cannot move properly away from home, they will back up into it, and that can cause numerous health complications to your family, impact the structural stability of your home, and lead to a costly and difficult cleanup process. That is why, if you are having any type of level of drainage problem, you do not want to put off getting help from a plumbing service. They can help you in a number of ways.
Is There an Emergency?
One of the first things to know is that a plumbing service can help you if you are experiencing an emergency situation. You may need this type of help for a wide range of reasons. Drainage issues may come from any of the following common concerns.
A Toilet That Is Not Running
One of the most common emergency needs is a toilet that is not flushing or going down. When that happens, there are many potential problems, especially those related to a clog in the line. You may need to have it cleaned out and removed before you can use that toilet again.
If you do not do this soon enough, the clog will remain. Plunging it or trying to clear it yourself may help initially, but that may not provide enough of a long-term solution. You may end up with another concern within a short amount of time, including a worse backup.
Backed Up Sewer
An even bigger problem occurs when your sewer lines back up and you have sewage backing up into your home. This often happens when there is a significant problem with the drainage system that runs from your home to the street. This is not an easy thing to fix in some situations because it may mean there is a clog in the line, a buildup of material throughout the line, or even a broken line that has tree roots growing into it.
This also qualifies as an emergency plumbing service need and one you do not want to put off. If there is any flooding in your home from a drain line, make sure you have it properly repaired and then have the area sanitized to ensure mold and mildew growth do not occur. Allowing a professional to do this work for you tends to be the best solution since it will help to minimize damage going forward.
You may not think of a clogged sink as an emergency need, but it can be. If that sink is not draining, it could be just the start of a larger problem throughout your home. You do not want to ignore this problem because it could worsen over time. Instead, have a professional out to inspect the lines and repair them. This could involve the removal of a clog that is located within the sink’s drainage system or in any other area from that point below.
How Can a Plumber Help with Drainage Issues?
No matter what may be occurring at your home, calling in a plumbing service for help is always recommended. A licensed plumber will inspect the system to pinpoint any type of backup or concern present and then offer the best possible treatment options. There are several ways the plumbing team can help you.
Finding the Source of the Problem
The first way these professionals can help is by finding out what is really going on. You may have a sink that is not draining, and you think that there must be something in the U bend or the pipes under your sink. That could be the case, and if so, removing it may take a plumber a short amount of time.
Other times, it could be a much larger problem that extends further down into the drain lines. This could include the buildup of material that is throughout the lines, causing it to have a very narrow hole to move through. In fact, you could have a clog with a very little opening well down into your drainage system that is nowhere near the sink.
Ultimately, the first step for any plumber is to pinpoint the source of the problem. They can do this by investigating what is occurring at various drainage spots and then working with you to pinpoint the solution. In some situations, this may include focusing on more investigative solutions.
There are numerous factors that could play a role in the drainage problem, and determining what it is could be critical to ensuring the problem is resolved fully. Some of the most common causes that the plumbing service could find include:
- Tree Roots: There are some situations where tree roots will penetrate into pipes and sewer lines as they search for water. This can happen if you have a tree within 100 yards of your home and sometimes more.
- Land Movement: Another potential concern includes land movement. There are some situations where fine grained sediments and rocks can cause changes in the sewer lines, and that can lead to a blockage of some type. This can happen slowly over time or can occur suddenly.
- Heavy Traffic: If your street has seen a significant increase in the amount of traffic moving through it, especially if that traffic has been brought on suddenly and involves trucks, that could cause a fracture in one of the pipes in the sewer system, which can lead to a backup into your home.
- Blockage in the Line: Over time, the material can build up within the inside of the pipe. As that occurs, it can create a narrowed opening, which means not as much fluid can flow as it should. Over time, this can cause a blockage to occur that is so significant that no water can move through, leading to a backup into your home.
- Site Activity: If there is a significant amount of home improvement at your home or nearby, that can cause a change in the way water moves, especially in situations where it leads to damage to the sewer lines. For that reason, you may need to work with the city to determine if the problem is more extensive than just your home.
Often, the problem is within your home or on your property. That means you need a professional team of plumbers to help you resolve it. There are several ways this may be done depending on the underlying cause of the problem.
Removing the Blockage
One of the first steps in fixing the problem is to remove the blockage. If this is a singular, specific area of concern, the plumber will be able to access it and remove it. For example, it could be that something, like food particles, is stuck in the drain line. Removing it may mean removing several of the pipes, flushing out the lines, and then ensuring water can flow again. This is often the most straightforward solution.
Inspecting the Lines
How can a professional know where the problem is or how extensive it is? One way they can do this is by using a camera fed into the sewer line. This camera simply moves along the line and relies upon a picture of what it looks like on the surface. This process only takes a few minutes. A trained professional who has a good understanding of what these lines should look like can pinpoint any areas of concern and then document where they are. This can provide a wealth of information to the plumbing service while also helping to minimize the amount of time it takes to fix the underlying concern.
Most of the time, the plumbing team can then use this information to make a decision about how to treat the problem. This may be done, for example, by removing damaged lines or flushing out the system, based on what is occurring.
Replacing Damaged Lines
In some situations, it may be necessary to remove damaged water lines and sewer lines. If there is significant damage to the line that cannot be repaired in any other way, the team may recommend that you have the entire line removed and replaced. Corrosion is one reason this may occur, especially if you have very old pipes throughout the home and the sewer line. This is a more extensive project, and it tends to be the last resort when nothing else will work to resolve the problem.
Flushing the Lines
There are many situations where the blockage or the narrowing of the drains does not occur just at one location but may be present in numerous areas throughout the sewer line. A plumbing service may be able to inspect the problem and determine that full drain cleaning is the best way to resolve this concern. Drain cleaning can be done in various ways, but the most direct method is to use highly pressurized water that moves through the line and cleans off the material along the edges. Because of the pressure, most of the debris caked onto the sides of the line is removed, allowing for the opening to widen again.
Sump Pump Concerns
It is important not to confuse drainage issues in your home from the sewer with those brought on by a failing sump pump. The job of the sump pump is to pull water that collects around the edges of your home’s foundation, in the drain tile, away from home, helping to keep it moving away from home and moving toward the street. This process helps to keep the lowest levels of your home dry.
There are some times when the sump pump will fail to work. When that happens, you may find that your home’s basement is flooded with water. It is not necessarily dirty water, nor is it from the sewer line. Rather, it typically is water coming into your home from a rainstorm.
If this is the problem, your plumber will be able to pinpoint the concern with the sump pump and repair it. This may have to do with replacing the motor, or it may need an electrical repair. The key is that you need to ensure your sump pump is operational to keep water moving away from your home.
Preventative Maintenance Can Help
Once you call in the plumbing service, they will work with you to determine what the underlying cause of the problem is. That is the first step. Then they create a plan for the repairs you need. Once those repairs are done and the water is moving away from your home again, don’t stop there. You need to continue to maintain your lines, and to do that, you should have your plumber out to your home on a consistent basis.
The same problems can occur again. More so, they can worsen over time, especially if there are some areas of damage within the lines. However, your plumbing team can offer guidance. Have them come to your home to snake out any drains as soon as you notice they are no longer working as smoothly as they were. You can also have them flush your drains with a proper drain cleaning service. This is one of the best ways to prevent buildup from occurring. It will save you time and money over time as well.
Find the Right Team to Get the Job Done
Hiring a plumbing service to help you with your drainage issues is not something you should put off. It is something you should take the time to focus on carefully whenever you begin to notice a slowdown in the way water and waste material are moving throughout your home. Learn what your options are for keeping your home dry and water flowing away by calling Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth. Our team is always available to offer emergency services or to pinpoint drainage concerns.
See our most recent blog on this topic here.
Photo By Igal Vaisman at Shutterstock
Essentials of Hiring a Professional Plumber for Your Plumbing Needs
Plumbing services are required for various tasks in commercial settings. However, not all plumbing work can be done by just anyone. Some tasks require the expertise of a professional. A professional plumber can assist in restoring your plumbing system to normal functionality.
Advantages of Professional Plumbing Services
Professional plumbing services are crucial in maintaining our homes and commercial spaces’ functionality and safety. These services ensure that our water supply, drainage, and heating systems work efficiently, preventing potential damage and costly repairs. By hiring professionals, we can enjoy numerous benefits with their expertise, experience, and advanced tools.
Expertise and Experience
Professionals possess skills to tackle various plumbing issues. Their years of experience allow them to diagnose problems and provide effective solutions quickly. This expertise ensures that the job is done right the first time, preventing recurring issues.
Advanced Tools and Equipment
Professional plumbing services have access to advanced tools and equipment that enable them to perform tasks efficiently and accurately. These tools help them diagnose problems, repair or replace damaged parts, and install new systems with precision. This ensures high-quality work and minimizes the risk of damage to your property.
Plumbing emergencies can occur at any time, causing damage and inconvenience. Professional plumbing services often offer 24/7 emergency assistance, ensuring you have access to prompt and reliable help when you need it the most. This can prevent further damage to your property and reduce the overall cost of repairs.
Professional plumbing services cover various tasks, including installation and maintenance. You can rely on a single provider for all your plumbing needs, simplifying the process and ensuring consistent quality across all projects.
Regular checkups ensure your plumbing systems are in good working order and prevent costly repairs. Experts can perform routine inspections and maintenance tasks, identifying potential issues before they escalate and ensuring the longevity of your systems.
By addressing plumbing issues promptly and effectively, professional plumbing service providers can help improve the efficiency of your water supply, drainage, and heating systems. This reduces utility bills and water waste and creates a more comfortable living environment.
Plumbing issues can pose significant safety risks, from water damage and mold growth to gas leaks and scalding water. Experts prioritize safety, ensuring your systems function correctly and minimizing potential hazards.
Warranty and Insurance
Many professional plumbing services offer warranties, covering clients against potential issues. Additionally, they typically carry insurance, which can cover any damages that may occur during their work.
Plumbing service providers can advise on maintaining your systems and recommend upgrades or replacements to improve efficiency and performance. You can make informed decisions and keep your plumbing systems in optimal condition.
Professional plumbing services focus on providing long-term solutions rather than temporary fixes. This ensures that your plumbing systems remain functional and reliable for years to come, reducing the need for frequent repairs or replacements. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth offers quality services that prevent the frequent need for repairs.
The Importance of Licensing and Experience in Choosing a Reliable Plumbing Service Provider
Choosing a reliable company is crucial for maintaining the integrity of your home’s plumbing system. Licensing and experience are vital factors when selecting a plumbing service provider. A licensed and experienced professional ensures the work is done correctly and safely and complies with local regulations.
A licensed contractor must follow local and state regulations, ensuring the work meets the necessary standards. This compliance protects homeowners from potential legal issues and fines arising from non-compliant work. Hiring a licensed professional gives you peace of mind knowing that your plumbing project follows the law. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth complies with the regional plumbing requirements when offering services.
Licensed professionals undergo rigorous training and education to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their job effectively. This training ensures they are well-versed in plumbing techniques, tools, and safety measures. By choosing a licensed plumber, you can be confident they have the expertise to handle your plumbing needs.
Experience in Handling Complex Issues
An experienced service provider has likely encountered many plumbing issues and can quickly identify and resolve complex problems. Their experience allows them to troubleshoot effectively, saving you from unnecessary replacements. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth has experts with critical thinking skills to handle any issue.
Licensed and experienced service providers take pride in their work and offer quality services. They understand the importance of a well-functioning plumbing system and are committed to ensuring that their work meets or exceeds industry standards.
A licensed plumber is trained to follow safety protocols and procedures, reducing the risk of accidents or damage to your property. Their experience allows them to identify potential hazards and take the necessary precautions to ensure a safe working environment.
Licensed experts must carry insurance, which protects the homeowner in case of accidents or damage. This coverage provides financial security and peace of mind for both parties involved in the plumbing project.
Warranty on Work
Reputable companies typically offer a warranty on their work, ensuring that any problems that arise after the job is completed will be addressed on time and at no additional cost to the homeowner.
Access to Advanced Tools and Equipment
Experienced service providers have access to the latest tools and equipment, allowing them to perform their job more efficiently and effectively. This access ensures that your plumbing project is completed using advanced techniques and technology.
An experienced plumber can complete tasks more quickly due to their familiarity with various plumbing issues and solutions. This efficiency saves you time and minimizes disruptions to your daily routine.
If you need plumbing services look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth. We offer top-quality plumbing services to our customers. We have the skills to handle complex plumbing issues. Don’t compromise the efficiency of your plumbing system by attempting DIY repairs or working with an unlicensed plumbing service provider. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
See our most recent blog on this topic here.
Photo By Parilov at Shutterstock
Check out this tip!