Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides leak detection services for your residential or commercial needs. Our highly trained leak detection specialists utilize the most advanced leak detection technologies to find hidden leaks under patios, driveways, slabs, soil, in irrigation systems and other locations. Our plumbers use state-of-the-art technology and methodologies to pinpoint hidden leaks. If you require water line repair in Arlington, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
When leaks occur in or under structures, costly damage can occur to the structure and/or its foundation. In addition, mold can develop in the wet conditions and can cause illness, as well as mold remediation that isn’t always effective.
The Signs of a Leak
- Unusually high water bills are often the first sign of a hidden water leak.
- Elevated electric or gas bills when hot water is involved
- Hot spots on the floor when the leak involves hot water
- Damp or damaged drywall
- Wet carpet
- Discoloration and/or warped flooring
- The sound of running water when none is in use
- Cracked or discolored tile
- Mold and/or mildew
- Rotten wood
- Water near the homes foundation or in a crawlspace
- Musty odors
The Water Meter Test
An unusually high water bill may indicate a leak in your home’s plumbing in Arlington. The water meter test can help to determine if a hidden water leak is present. However, a small leak may not be detected with the following test.
- Ensure family members know not to use water during the test. Shut off automatic appliances, such as the icemaker. Open the cover of the water meter and write down the numbers on the water meter dial. Wait 1-2 hours, and check the meter again. If the numbers have changed, a leak is verified. Contact our plumbers for reliable water line repair in Arlington.
- If a leak is indicated, and your home has a shut off valve near the home’s foundation where the water enters the home, turn the valve off. Recheck the water meter reading once more, and again in 1 hour. If the reading is unchanged, the leak is within the home’s plumbing in Arlington. A meter that shows a change indicates the leak to be in the water supply line between the meter and the home. Older homes may lack a shut off valve near the home’s foundation. Contact a Benjamin Franklin licensed plumber for water line repair in Arlington.
- A leaking water heater or hot water line will increase the energy bill. It’s wise to routinely inspect the water heater, the floor surrounding it, and the walls around it for signs of a leak. Our plumbers can provide the water heater repair in Arlington, or installation you need.
Flood Alarms Protect Your Home
Malfunctioning appliances, busted hoses and water supply lines, as well as a burst pipe or fitting can cause flooding in the home.
Every year, homeowner’s across the country experience water damage to their home and the cost of cleanup and repair. The damage can be minimized and potentially prevented with flood sensors that warn and can notify you when water is detected. Ben Franklin plumbers can provide the water line repair in Arlington that you require.
Flood sensors can alert you with an alarm, or provide the alarm and a water shutoff, stopping a leak dead in its tracks. Basic flood alarms provide a simple and the least expensive precaution against flooding, however the basic alarm is only effective if you are within hearing range when it alarms.
Alarms with more advanced features are available, including:
- The ability to message you on a mobile phone.
- Flood sensors that can be integrated with a home security system provide a cost effective choice since you are already paying a monitoring fee.
- Sensors with the ability to automatically shut the water off when a sensor is triggered. These provide the greatest protection against damage. Contact our licensed plumbers for water line repair in Arlington.
Remember, flood sensors provide protection for your biggest investment, your home.
When you suspect a leak, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, to schedule advanced leak detection and water line repair in Arlington. You can rely on our plumbers in Arlington to provide the expertise to get the job right the first time. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.