Plumbing is one of the hallmarks of civilized nations’, and as a result, when plumbing problems occur most homeowner’s contact a plumber. Problems with your plumbing in Arlington will eventually occur, whether you are a renter or homeowner.
Numerous problems may occur with your plumbing in Arlington. However, some things are more common than others. These include:
- A lack of hot water – problems with a water heater are the most common reason people call a plumber. When you are without hot water check the following before calling a plumber:
a. If you have a gas water heater make sure the pilot light is lit.
b. Check the temperature setting on the water heater, and ensure it is set at 120 degrees F. If it is set too low the water will not appear as hot resulting in using more hot water and less cold.
c. If the water heater is not big enough to meet the household needs, the water may have been used up by another family member. This can especially be an issue if you have just moved into the home.
- Clogged drains – slow drainage or no drainage at all is the second most common home plumbing problem. Using caution in what is allowed to go down the drain, and using drain screens can significantly assist in preventing clogs in the first place. This is especially true of the kitchen drain, which is the most used drain in the home. Our plumbers can provide effective drain cleaning, sewer repair, or other professional services for your plumbing in Arlington.
- Leaky faucets – a common problem related to worn components, including washers and seats. Those who live in areas with frequent water main repair by the water authority may experience frequent water contamination that results in damaged washers. When turning the faucet off tightening excessively can also result in damaged washers and leaks.
- Leaking pipes – water damage claims from leaking or burst pipes are the top cause of rising property-insurance costs. Water leaks can cause extensive damage to floors, walls, and furnishings. It is a wise decision to periodically check pipes for signs of deterioration and leaks. Check metal pipes for signs of corrosion. Contact a Ben Franklin plumber to schedule the repair of your plumbing in Arlington.
- Leaking water heaters – leaks from the water heater are due to either corrosion, or a leaking component or pipe. When the tank is leaking, replace the water heater.
- Running toilets – a running toilet indicates a component of the toilet requires replacement, typically the float valve, or the flapper valve. Occasionally, simply jiggling the flushing handle can take care of the problem. However, if it continues to be a problem the toilet will require repair.
- Garbage disposal repair – preventing most garbage disposals problems running cold water into them before inserting food, and continuing it for at least 20 seconds afterward. In addition, observe the manufacturers guidelines of use to prevent jams and damage.
For problems with your home’s plumbing in Arlington, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Our licensed plumbers possess the industry expertise and knowledge that meet or exceed the industry standards. If you are having plumbing problems, our plumbers can provide an accurate diagnosis, repair, or the plumbing maintenance you need. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. Ben Franklin is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.