Galvanized pipes were commonly installed prior to 1960. If your home has outdated galvanized piping, replacement should be provided as soon as possible. Galvanized pipes are still common in older homes and many commercial buildings. Over many years, the protective zinc coating on galvanized pipe wears away, exposing the steel and leading to corrosion of the pipe. Furthermore, corrosion can build-up on the inside walls of the pipes and can lead to lower water pressure and water quality issues. Water line repair in Fort Worth only provides a temporary fix for corroded galvanized pipe. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for repiping.
The following indicate the signs of pipe corrosion:
- Water has a metallic taste
- Low water pressure due to blockage from corrosion
- Discolored water when you turn on a faucet
- Frequent leaks
If you are experiencing these signs, you may need a repipe.
A repipe is the process of a licensed plumber removing the existing piping, and replacing it with modern pipe material. Repiping improves the safety and quality of the water, while protecting the home, and its foundation against damaging water leaks.
While repiping is not a process any homeowner will anticipate, the consequences of not replacing worn plumbing can be disastrous. Harmful water, foul smells, bad water pressure, water leaks, and costly damage to your home are problems that only repiping by a qualified plumber can prevent.
A leak should receive prompt water line repair in Fort Worth to avoid potentially costly repair of your home. Our plumbers arrive on time, provide a professional job in a timely and efficient manner, and clean up after themselves.
Water Line Replacement
Your Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber may recommend water line replacement, rather than water line repair in Fort Worth. The reasons for the recommendation can include:
- Outdated galvanized piping with frequent leaks, corrosion, low water pressure, and poor water quality require replacement. Replacement of worn, aging pipes with frequent leaks will prevent potentially devastating damage, and mold to the home’s structure and its foundation.
- Damaged water line from tree roots or broken and collapsed pipes calls for water line repair in Fort Worth. Prevention is the best means to avoid tree roots invading water or sewer lines. Avoid planting trees or shrubs within 50 ft. of water or sewer lines to prevent root invasion and damage to plumbing in Fort Worth.
The Advantages of a Repipe
Once your home’s piping is replaced, you will enjoy the benefits of new pipe throughout the home, including:
- Normal water pressure
- The end of discolored water, and improved water quality
- No more leaky pipes that lead to damage of your home or mold
- Increased value of your home, and an advantage to promote a sale if you plan to sell in the near future
- Peace of mind for a new, reliable water supply
Repiping provides water only as clean as the water supply provided to your home. Only contaminates caused by corroded pipes in your home will be eliminated. To achieve a higher water quality free of any contaminates in the public water system, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for a quote on a water filtration system in Fort Worth for your home.
When you hire a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth, you are assured of receiving a well-trained, licensed plumber with expertise. Furthermore, our plumbers adhere or exceed the plumbing industry standards. A Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber assures you receive first quality plumbing services,whether you need water line repair in Fort Worth, repiping, or other plumbing services. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services. We serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.