The video pipe inspection is an innovation that has completely changed the face of the plumbing industry. In the past plumbers had no way of viewing the sewer pipe or a drain’s interior. When a sewer pipe problem occurred, excavating the pipe was typically the only option. The video pipe inspection, also called a sewer camera, changed it all, enabling a plumber in Arlington to view the inside of the pipe, providing a diagnosis and the information required to provide a solution in a fraction of the time.
The video camera pipe inspection uses a miniature, high-resolution waterproof video camera connected to a flexible fiber optic cable. The plumber feeds the camera through the drain and/or sewer pipe. The image is displayed on a monitor for the plumber in Arlington to view. The image can inform our highly skilled plumbers in Arlington of the pipes condition, the nature of a clog, and other issues inside the pipe.
With this information, our experienced plumbers can determine the most efficient and effective means of resolving the problem within drains or a sewer line.
The video camera pipe inspection offers a number of advantages, including:
- The ability to identify issues such as a clog and its type, physical damage to the pipe such as tree roots or a cracked pipe, the type of pipe material and the overall condition of the pipe.
- Identifies the precise location of the problem.
- Enables the plumber in Arlington to inspect new pipes and sewer systems after installation.
- The video pipe inspection provides a nondestructive means of assessing, identifying issues and determining the most efficient means of resolving problems in pipes and drains beneath slab foundations, driveways, patios, sidewalks, garages, and other underground locations.
The video pipe inspection identifies numerous problems, including:
- Deteriorated pipe related to age, damage or corrosion. Pipe may be broken, cracked, blocked, or collapsed.
- A bellied pipe occurs when soil sinks, and pipe sags into the depression. A blockage can form in the sinking pipe.
- Shifting soil may also cause pipes to misalign in a condition called offset pipe, leading to the leakage of sewer effluent.
- Grease buildup, tree roots, or other causes may also create a blockage. The video pipe inspection provides an accurate identification of the blockage, and enables the plumber in Arlington to identify the best solution.
- The joints between sections of sewer pipe can leak when seals fail. This allows the leakage of sewer effluent into the surrounding environment, creating the risk of water contamination and a potential for disease.
- Root infiltration in the sewer pipe is common and causes blockage and/or damage to the pipe.
When to Contact a Plumber
Slow drains, reoccurring clogs or sewer backup are reasons to contact a plumber in Arlington to schedule a video pipe inspection. The inspection will enable the plumber to determine the cause, location, and the best solution.
Sewer and Drain Repair
When your home needs drain and sewer repair, you can rely on a Benjamin Franklin professional plumber in Arlington to provide reliable sewer and drain repair adhering to or exceeding the industry code.
Trenchless Pipe Repair
With trenchless pipe repair, our plumbers provide the latest technology offering a solution for sewer pipe repair and sewer pipe replacement without the disruption of digging or excavation to the lawn, the surrounding landscaping or disturbance of structures.
A Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Arlington provides the expertise to ensure a professional plumbing repair that meets or exceeds the industry standards. Our highly trained and licensed plumbers are committed to quality plumbing in Arlington and your satisfaction. Call today to schedule a video pipe inspection and repair. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.