Underground water leaks may be difficult to detect due to the depth they are buried. Typically, leaks between the water meter and the home are the responsibility of the homeowner, while leaks from the water meter to the municipal water main are the responsibility of the municipal provider. If you suspect a water leak, contact your water provider and a Benjamin Franklin plumber for water line repair in Arlington when the responsibility is yours.
Signs of a Leaking Water Supply Line
- Pooling water in the meter box
- Unusually wet spots or pooling water on the lawn
- Low water pressure
- Discolored water from soil contamination
- Unusually high water bill
A leaking water line can quickly cause an excessively high water bill. When you have a leak in the water supply line, shut the water off at the meter, and contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for water line repair in Arlington.
Water Leaks in the Home
The potential signs of a hidden water leak in the home’s plumbing include:
- Damage to flooring may include cracked tile, discolored wood or vinyl flooring, and a rotted floor
- The sound of running water
- A musty odor due to mold and/or mildew
- Stained or soggy drywall, peeling wallpaper and/or paint
- Hot spots on the floor
Water Line Services
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers experienced, licensed plumbers to provide the water line repair in Arlington that you need. In addition, we offer trenchless pipe repair and replacement, which replaces your underground water line while preserving the integrity of your lawn, landscaping, and any structures.
Frequent water leaks, and damage to your home indicate the need for repiping. All plumbing, including the pipes that deliver water, will eventually wear out, requiring the replacement of existing pipes. New piping improves water quality, provides reliability, and can prevent severe damage to your home due to leaks.
Modern pipe materials offer a choice for your household and budget:
- Copper pipe has long been the gold standard for plumbing. It’s durable, lead free, recyclable, and resistant to corrosion and bacteria. Different grades are available and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing uses the highest quality copper pipe available. Copper pipe joints are soldered.
- CPVC and PVC are a time proven plastic pipe option, providing a durable, cost effective choice for repiping. PVC and CPV pipe joints are cleaned and glued.
- PEX pipe (cross-linked polyethylene) is the latest arrival offering a cost effective option with the flexibility of providing 90-degree bends without fittings. PEX accommodates long pipe runs, reducing the number of required fittings, and consequently potential leaks. Furthermore, PEX provides a shutoff valve at each supply line, and is a superior convenience when repair is required.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers in Arlington utilize the latest technology for leak detection and water line repair in Arlington. Call today to schedule a water leak repair, installation, plumbing maintenance, or other plumbing repair. Our plumbers adhere to or exceed the highest standards of the plumbing industry. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.