For the average family, water use increases during the summer. Families are filling swimming pools, using sprinkler systems, washing cars and taking an increased number of showers after outdoor chores, such as mowing the lawn. However, you can conserve water use to assist in making up for the seasonal increase. In this blog, we offer water saving tips to assist you. Contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Fort Worth for professional and reliable plumbing services.
You may not even realize the amount of wasted water in your home. The first step is to identify where you can reduce water use to help trim the summer water bills. The following tips can help you to reduce the water bill:
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t allow the rinse water to run. Wash a sink full, and rinse. Better yet, use the dishwasher; with a water efficient model, you can save about 23 gallons of water vs. the average hand washing.
- When brushing your teeth turn the water off after wetting the brush, and save 3-5 gallons each time you brush.
- Shave from a basin rather than the sink, and use the water on plants when you are finished. In addition, this will reduce the incidence of a clogged drain.
- When washing your vehicle don’t allow the water to run between washing and rinsing. In addition, repairing leaky nozzles will save even more water and is simple.
- Cutting shower time down by just 2 minutes saves about 700 gallons per month. Set a goal for 5-minute showers for even greater savings.
- Install a low flow showerhead and save 500 to 800 gallons per month. If you prefer a plumber to provide the installation for you, contact a Ben Franklin plumber in Fort Worth.
- Eliminate the extra rinse cycle when doing laundry.
- Wait to do the laundry until you have a full load.
- Contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumber in Fort Worth for the repair of leaky toilets and faucets, and save an average of 600 gallons per month.
- Consider installing WaterSense labeled toilets and showerheads. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Fort Worth can provide a professional installation for you.
- Install a rain sensor in your lawn irrigation system to prevent its operation during rain.
- Sweep the driveway or use a leaf blower rather than a garden hose.
- Consider planting drought tolerant native species of plants in your landscape.
- Water plants early in the morning or late in the evening to reduce water loss due to evaporation.
- Mulch around plants to assist in retaining moisture in the soil.
- Purchase a rain collection system or make your own.
Contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Fort Worth for the repair of water leaks in pipes or fixtures. Our plumbers also provide the professional installation of toilets, showerheads, and faucets. Ask our plumbers for additional water saving tips with your next plumbing service. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing professional plumbers have the expertise to provide reliable plumbing services for your home or business. The licensed plumbers of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing serve Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.