Natural gas is a clean and efficient fuel popular for heating homes, cooking and producing hot water. When professionally installed and maintained, natural gas is relatively safe. However, when people have a problem with their gas lines, they seldom think about calling a plumber. People tend to associate a plumber in Arlington with leaky pipes, toilet repair and clogged drains, for example, and not gas leaks. A plumber is highly trained including in gas line services, such as gas re-pipe, gas line leak detection, gas line installation and gas line repair in Arlington.
A natural gas leak is an extremely dangerous situation. Those with a home or business served by natural gas should know the signs of a gas leak, and the appropriate actions to take, and those not to take when a gas leak occurs. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for professional gas line repair in Arlington.
Gas leak prevention is by far the preferred method. When you need gas line services, hiring a gas certified, licensed plumber for installation and/or gas line repair in Arlington assures you of receiving the both highest quality service and safety standards available.
The most notable sign of a gas leak is the odor of rotten eggs. The following are potential signs of a gas leak:
- A rotten egg odor
- Dead or dying vegetation outdoors
- Soil, leaves or grass clippings blowing in the air
- Bubbling in wet or flooded areas
- Hissing, rushing, whistling, or roaring sound
- Flames, if a gas leak is ignited
- Damaged gas connections
Gas Line Repair in Arlington
A gas leak is an emergency and is extremely dangerous. The threats of natural gas include suffocation, fire and explosion. When a natural gas leak occurs within the home and a flame is struck, or a switch is turned on, a fire or an explosion can occur.
Natural Gas Safety
When a gas leak occurs:
- Evacuate the building. Once you are a safe distance away, call 911, and your gas provider. Leave the door open behind you as you leave, however, don’t attempt to open windows.
- Do not attempt to locate the leak, leave it to the professionals.
- Do not turn light switches, or other electrical devices or appliances on or off. A tiny spark can ignite natural gas.
- Do not strike a flame or smoke.
- Do not attempt to provide gas line repair in Arlington, contact a plumber for professional repair.
Call Before You Dig
When you have outdoor projects planned that involve digging or excavating, call 811 ahead of the project for gas lines to be located and marked. The service is free.
Additional Natural Gas Safety Tips
- Only use a licensed professional plumber for gas line installation or gas line repair in Arlington.
- A gas stove lacks its own ventilation; due to this, always use the vent hood fan to ensure carbon monoxide is removed. In addition, do not use the oven to provide heat, damage can occur to the oven and carbon monoxide can build up in the home
- Do not sleep in a room heated by a gas or kerosene space heater that lacks proper ventilation. In addition, do not use camp style heaters and camping cook stoves intended for outdoor use. Carbon monoxide is the byproduct of these fossil fuels and can overwhelm occupants quickly.
Remember, if you suspect a gas leaks in your home, evacuate all occupants and call 911 and your gas provider from a safe distance away from the leak. Once the officials in charge deem the residence safe to enter, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for gas line repair in Arlington. Our licensed plumbers serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas with expertise and quality services you can rely on. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.